ADVERTISEMENT

Joseph Byrnes- PWO from Camden

I always get a good laugh from posters on this page ....y’all crucified muschamp for not getting enough 4 and 5 star players and yet y’all are so excited when we get walk ons and fcs transfers...the SEC is shaking in their cleats ...

I always get a good laugh from posters on this page ....y’all crucified muschamp for not getting enough 4 and 5 star players and yet y’all are so excited when we get walk ons and fcs transfers...the SEC is shaking in their cleats ...

Eyeroll

And I get a laugh at those such as yourself who have to be negative dickheads at every turn.

A boo hoo hoo

Reactions: The Gadfly
source.gif

I get a good laugh at folks who could only earn athletic scholarships in their dreams shame a kid for doing something they never could.

Reactions: Tmac069
I don’t see effusive excitement over a walk on. Someone mentioned that he joined the team. That is about it. I mentioned our focus on getting local guys. Where is the exaggeration? Where is the excitement? People should not talk about something that happened to our football team on a Gamecocks sports forum? Sounds like you are just making up BS as usual. If you are going to be a troll, at least point out things that are actually true... You are just making yourself look like a fool.

You have a point there ... but I don't see anyone claiming these guys are the next Heisman candidate. Muschamp failed so badly at general player development that I'm wondering if there is talent on the team that is untapped. He would focus on his hotshot recruits and ended up playing them even when they were not playing well and not trying. The average Jimmy and Joe recruit could not get on his radar even if they were better players.

Plus, you have to start somewhere. I think it is worthwhile to wait and see how this works out. Let's talk in 3 years.

Does PWO counts toward the 25? If not, is that one way to get extra players in and give them a scholarship once the season starts?

None expects no sec school to shake in their cleats. This is giving a student athlete a chance to earn a scholarship. All sec schools have players on their rosters with a pwo offer. There are a lot of players on nfl rosters who earned scholarships and have gone on to play in the nfl. Will this young man be one of them. Only time will tell.

these PWO are also making the team better by putting good, successful athletes for our team to play against during practice. High character guys that are going to push our other players to keep up

FYI...in the NFC Championship game between Green Bay and Tampa there are a total of four 5 star players...it isn't all that apparently

Reactions: carolinamyke
I don’t see effusive excitement over a walk on. Someone mentioned that he joined the team. That is about it. I mentioned our focus on getting local guys. Where is the exaggeration? Where is the excitement? People should not talk about something that happened to our football team on a Gamecocks sports forum? Sounds like you are just making up BS as usual. If you are going to be a troll, at least point out things that are actually true... You are just making yourself look like a fool.
Because PWOs used to seldom, if ever, be mentioned at all. I'm all for supporting the new coach, but....geesh....no one has to hail every move he makes as a positive....when it simply isn't. I mean, seriously, should we not be disappointed that there weren't at least 10 players in the workout rooms when Beamer walked through? We have had threads about three PWO's....that used to not create a side mention in a recruiting post.

This is beginning to become akin to a 12-year old girls "puppy love." What is wrong with tempering expectations...especially under the circumstances.

Because PWOs used to seldom, if ever, be mentioned at all. I'm all for supporting the new coach, but....geesh....no one has to hail every move he makes as a positive....when it simply isn't. I mean, seriously, should we not be disappointed that there weren't at least 10 players in the workout rooms when Beamer walked through? We have had threads about three PWO's....that used to not create a side mention in a recruiting post.

This is beginning to become akin to a 12-year old girls "puppy love." What is wrong with tempering expectations...especially under the circumstances.

The PWO has become more common. Also in the past they were rarely reported if ever mentioned, now they are. Last year I also had a PWO thread, it's about passing along info.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
The PWO has become more common. Also in the past they were rarely reported if ever mentioned, now they are. Last year I also had a PWO thread, it's about passing along info.
The only time I ever really remember them being individually mentioned is when it was a punter, kicker or longsnapper....a position where you are hoping to pick up a good player as a PWO.

The only time I ever really remember them being individually mentioned is when it was a punter, kicker or longsnapper....a position where you are hoping to pick up a good player as a PWO.
I did it all last year as well. granted, it was one thread, but none the less, we had a thread on all the PWOs.

Reactions: rogue cock
I did it all last year as well. granted, it was one thread, but none the less, we had a thread on all the PWOs.

Okay....I wasn't on this site that much last recruiting cycle, so I wouldn't know.

The op said “Committed today. Make the 3rd PWO commit I believe”

where is the offensively positive, “puppy love” you are referring to? I think you are confused about what was actually posted or said... We DO commonly mention PWOs here historically.. in a very similar “this happened” sort of fashion. Your post is not aligned with the thread you are replying to.

The op said “Committed today. Make the 3rd PWO commit I believe”

where is the offensively positive, “puppy love” you are referring to? I think you are confused about what was actually posted or said... We DO commonly mention PWOs here historically.. in a very similar “this happened” sort of fashion. Your post is not aligned with the thread you are replying to.
Maybe last recruiting cycle....but definitely not before. Been a member here since before it was a Rivals site and seldom if ever was a PWO mentioned unless it were a punter, kicker or longsnapper....or was a relative or friend of someone on this board.

And the "puppy love" to which I am referring is all the "goo-goo eye" posts on the board referring to everything that Beamer does as being perfection. The choosing of his staff and their past relationships....as I pointed out has been derogatorily referred to as the "friends and family plan" on many prior instances. The fact that ALL OF 2 players were working out the morning that Beamer walked through as a "change in culture"....my first thought was why weren't there more....out of that many players, you'd expect there to be more.

Frankly, some people need to be more at lot more realistic....as he is probably going to make more mistakes than not having never been a HC before.

Maybe Beamer is just a better judge of potential than Muschamp was remember he kept Harris on the pines while playing his favorite guys. We're in no position to overlook anyone who wants to play here. JMO

Last edited:
Maybe last recruiting cycle....but definitely not before. Been a member here since before it was a Rivals site and seldom if ever was a PWO mentioned unless it were a punter, kicker or longsnapper....or was a relative or friend of someone on this board.

And the "puppy love" to which I am referring is all the "goo-goo eye" posts on the board referring to everything that Beamer does as being perfection. The choosing of his staff and their past relationships....as I pointed out has been derogatorily referred to as the "friends and family plan" on many prior instances. The fact that ALL OF 2 players were working out the morning that Beamer walked through as a "change in culture"....my first thought was why weren't there more....out of that many players, you'd expect there to be more.

Frankly, some people need to be more at lot more realistic....as he is probably going to make more mistakes than not having never been a HC before.
seems like you are just shoe horning your anger in a non-related post

seems like you are just shoe horning your anger in a non-related post
I don't have any anger. I have yet to say anything bad about Beamer or any of his staff.

I simply haven't seen a bunch of adult men drooling over ANYTHING they can twist as a positive like a bunch of schoolgirls. Garnet-colored glasses are one thing, but some of the posts today are head-scratching.

Our guys now engage in rodeo tackling where they grab hold and see if they can hang on for eight seconds before being throwed....lol:)

Last edited:
Was it that he didn’t get enough or that he didn’t know what to do with what he had?

The latter was his problem....but posters were complaining about the former. A lot of "3-star U" type posts.
To be fair though the majority of that was based on the class he was building for this year coupled with his record of player development. In year 5 if your class is 95% 3 star players and you haven’t shown an ability to develop players it’s a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT