ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Vann just got You Got Mossed Gloves

We hired who we wanted out of the available options. You may not like it, but for those in charge, we hired who they wanted.
So we hire a guy to fill the position who, for the last 2 weeks, has fielded an undisciplined team who was totally unprepared to play a football game. We would have been better off just keeping the loser we had for one more year to see if we could attract a good coach rather than potentially setting our program back for possibly another 5 or 6 years. At least we would have saved a couple of million $. This is feeling like Sparky Woods all over again.

I can accept the fact that we lost the game. We would have lost no matter who the coach was because Georgia is just better than we are at the moment. What I cannot accept is half assed coaches who cannot even get a team prepared to play a football game and who allows such undisciplined play week after week.

If it wasn't bad enough that fat middle-aged jerks sit around Monday morning quarterbacking the quarterback, Now we have guys that think they can make better decisions about who to hire as a coach than the entire efforts of our university athletic department and board of trustees.

Some of you are really full of yourselves.

It's hard for me to believe the conversation going on here three games in to a good man's tenure here.

Because of the names being mentioned he was the only one who couldn't use the job as a stepping stone. When he was our recruiting coordinator we had our best years under Spurrier. And we had already done the retread HC and up and coming HC. It was time to try something different. He had also coached multiple positions and I think that is beneficial as a HC
I think that is more accurate.

If it wasn't bad enough that fat middle-aged jerks sit around Monday morning quarterbacking the quarterback, Now we have guys that think they can make better decisions about who to hire as a coach than the entire efforts of our university athletic department and board of trustees.

It's hard for me to believe the conversation going on here three games in to a good man's tenure here.
I actually think I could do better. I actually think you could as well. Our AD history is pretty abysmal.

So we hire a guy to fill the position who, for the last 2 weeks, has fielded an undisciplined team who was totally unprepared to play a football game. We would have been better off just keeping the loser we had for one more year to see if we could attract a good coach rather than potentially setting our program back for possibly another 5 or 6 years. At least we would have saved a couple of million $. This is feeling like Sparky Woods all over again.

I can accept the fact that we lost the game. We would have lost no matter who the coach was because Georgia is just better than we are at the moment. What I cannot accept is half assed coaches who cannot even get a team prepared to play a football game and who allows such undisciplined play week after week.
Oh please. How many delay of game penalties did we have with Spurrier, it must be close to 100.

Oh please. How many delay of game penalties did we have with Spurrier, it must be close to 100.
I'm not talking about just penalties. They lack concentration and focus. They make too many mental errors in assignments that they did not make last year. Two receivers in the same area going for the ball at the same time, offensive linemen who act like they have no idea what they are doing or who to block, going to sleep on the first play of the game last week and allowing an easy TD, and allowing receivers to run wide open down the field due to blown assignments are just a few of the many things I witnessed the last 2 weeks. They were just not mentally prepared to play each of the last 2 weeks and that goes to coaching 100%.

Reactions: cockgun
I'm not talking about just penalties. They lack concentration and focus. They make too many mental errors in assignments that they did not make last year. Two receivers in the same area going for the ball at the same time, offensive linemen who act like they have no idea what they are doing or who to block, going to sleep on the first play of the game last week and allowing an easy TD, and allowing receivers to run wide open down the field due to blown assignments are just a few of the many things I witnessed the last 2 weeks. They were just not mentally prepared to play each of the last 2 weeks and that goes to coaching 100%.
This what I was talking about on the Vann taunting play, yet nobody got it. We need something else, other than fall scrimmage. Focus.

It is the same ones over and over and over. They wait on the first penalty, dropped ball, punt, missed tackle and start clamoring for a new coach and AD.

Now we have guys that think they can make better decisions about who to hire as a coach than the entire efforts of our university athletic department and board of trustees.
Since we have been competing in the SEC here is a list of the coaches our university athletic department and board of trustees have selected. How would you grade each selection?

Sparky Woods....... F
Brad Scott............. F
Lou Holtz ..............C-
Steve Spurrier.......A
Will Muschamp....,F

Since we have been competing in the SEC here is a list of the coaches our university athletic department and board of trustees have selected. How would you grade each selection?

Sparky Woods....... F
Brad Scott............. F
Lou Holtz ..............C-
Steve Spurrier.......A
Will Muschamp....,F
Hindsight.

Hindsight.
Maybe but one of those was questionable at the time and the other was just bad from the start.

Scott wasn’t even seen as the best coaching prospect from the staff he left but the hope was that he would be able to use some of his recruiting connections in Florida to make things better. He did manage to recruit a bit better than Sparky but his teams were undisciplined on and off the field and in it cost him.

Outside of Tanner I don’t know that there was anyone (including Muschamp himself) that thought our last guy could cut it. Tanner got turned down by anyone with a pulse and was left with Muschamp and RichRod so maybe he took the lesser of the two evils but it doesn’t change the fact that the majority of people knew it was a bad hire

I am guessing that he is tired of losing, and watching our football program crash every few years. He probably was hoping who ever was in charge of the coaching search would hire an experienced and successful head coach. Seems reasonable to me.
I'm guessing that you are both still adolescents and don't understand that turning a football program around takes much more than 3 games.

I'm guessing that you are both still adolescents and don't understand that turning a football program around takes much more than 3 games.
And you are a grown, mature man, that prefers to call others names, instead of posting something about football. If you agree or disagree with any post state your opinion, but try to stay above the name calling.

Yes. However, that didn't mean he was good at his job.
Did you read the rest of my post concerning staff? I responded to a post about FSU staff. Have an opinion on bringing almost the entire coaching staff of a just crowned NC team to Columbia? Hindsight is very convenient. I remember being pretty excited at the time.

Reactions: myrtlecock
Did you read the rest of my post concerning staff? I responded to a post about FSU staff. Have an opinion on bringing almost the entire coaching staff of a just crowned NC team to Columbia? Hindsight is very convenient. I remember being pretty excited at the time.
On paper the Scott hire was not a bad hire. He was an instrumental part of Florida States success. The players he inherited here were better than the players he recruited while he was here.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
On paper the Scott hire was not a bad hire. He was an instrumental part of Florida States success. The players he inherited here were better than the players he recruited while he was here.
On paper it was a GREAT hire. We got almost the entire FSU staff with him. I was really excited about what he could do with both Tanneyhill and Wright. How could anyone say they knew then he would drive our program into 0-21 territory.

Last edited:
Reactions: kidrobinski
Wasn't he the OC of a national championship team? And I believe he brought most of the staff with him. I remember Bobby telling him he could take whoever he wanted.
He was “co-OC” with Richt who people knew was the real rising star from that program. I don’t remember who all the staff was but it seems like the OC came from VaTech but I know Wally Burnham came with him from FSU.

Last edited:
What do you plan to do about it? Something? Nothing?
What kind of dumbass question is that? I've done all I can do which is pulling my money from the program and cancelling my club level tickets. Now I'm voicing my concerns and displeasure. What else would you have me do? WTF are you doing other than asking stupid questions???

What kind of dumbass question is that? I've done all I can do which is pulling my money from the program and cancelling my club level tickets. Now I'm voicing my concerns and displeasure. What else would you have me do? WTF are you doing other than asking stupid questions???
So now you're getting your money's worth am I right?

ADVERTISEMENT