ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Vann

ncgamecock77

Nov 16, 2001
I don't think we have talked enough about the amazing turn around in this young man this year. I will be the first to say that up until this year I thought he was the proverbial "wasted scholarship". In proceeding years he couldn't catch a cold in a blizzard. I really didn't think we had anyone who could consistently catch a pass. Coach Stepp (sp?) has worked wonders with him. Now, it is extremely rare to see him not catch a pass. I am really proud of the progress he has made this year. Imagine how good he could have been with quality coaching his entire career. This staff may not be perfect, but there are definite pockets of improvement that you can easily see in the team. I am excited to see what they can do going forward.

It is also good to see the game slowing down for Clinton, NC's own Mo Kaba. I saw a few of his HS games and the one thing I remember is that when he tackled someone, they rarely fell forward. He made a fine tackle for loss in the Auburn game. Keep it up 32!

Hearing he hurt his hammy in practice and will be out for Clemmy

if true then

hopeless-disappointed.gif

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
I don't think we have talked enough about the amazing turn around in this young man this year. I will be the first to say that up until this year I thought he was the proverbial "wasted scholarship". In proceeding years he couldn't catch a cold in a blizzard. I really didn't think we had anyone who could consistently catch a pass. Coach Stepp (sp?) has worked wonders with him. Now, it is extremely rare to see him not catch a pass. I am really proud of the progress he has made this year. Imagine how good he could have been with quality coaching his entire career. This staff may not be perfect, but there are definite pockets of improvement that you can easily see in the team. I am excited to see what they can do going forward.

It is also good to see the game slowing down for Clinton, NC's own Mo Kaba. I saw a few of his HS games and the one thing I remember is that when he tackled someone, they rarely fell forward. He made a fine tackle for loss in the Auburn game. Keep it up 32!
That's nothing unique to Vann. Lots of players go through that, especially when they aren't quite ready for college ball when they leave high school. DJ Swearinger is a good example of this. His first couple of years he was terrible. He got beat deep routinely. I used to shake my head and say to myself, this guy needs to learn where deep third is because he sure has trouble finding it on the field. But he came around as a Junior and was fantastic as a Senior and of course excelled in the NFL after that. A more recent example is Shi Smith. He wasn't that good his first 2 years, but last year was the only quality receiving threat we had. Every player develops at a different rate. Most guys are not like Clowney and Lattimore and can play well right away.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT