ADVERTISEMENT

JUCO DE Dorian Gerald

BigTomE

May 5, 2015
Johns Island, SC
Will be announcing his commitment tomorrow. He's rated higher than both of our recent Juco commitments, but I think I read somewhere that Ellis was the staff's highest priority? His film looks pretty good, so I think he'd compete for playing time. It looks like he's choosing between us and Tennessee.

Crystal ball to Tennessee and he talked highly of them. Who knows why ?? Hoping we land him but it's a wait and see thing

As Jymnasium would say " we are going great in recruiting and are neck in neck with Alabama minis a few overated 5 star system as flawwed as it may br this class has dynasty written all over it"

Thats what he would say if he didnt pass on this week

As Jymnasium would say " we are going great in recruiting and are neck in neck with Alabama minis a few overated 5 star system as flawwed as it may br this class has dynasty written all over it"

Who licked the red off your candy?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Hope he is watching SEC Rewind vs. Bama. If you are on the fence that should make you a Gamecock!

It's jimnasium. I understand your battle with anything positive but what is flawwed or overated or didnt and thats? Sober up son. BTW all that you just "tried to post" was a little bit off. I'm finished with you my IQ drops every time I reply to you. It's obvious you are a mental midget when it comes to football and can only cry.

We prefer little people ot dwarfs, please dont use the term midget,

Also welcome back, heard you were in a tragic accident

It's jimnasium. I understand your battle with anything positive but what is flawwed or overated or didnt and thats? Sober up son. BTW all that you just "tried to post" was a little bit off. I'm finished with you my IQ drops every time I reply to you. It's obvious you are a mental midget when it comes to football and can only cry.
D I T T O

If we don't get this one after making him a priority, it would be a serious reversal. I like our system and the resources we are putting into recruiting. We need to close the deal more on the better players is all I'll say.

Gerald says he doesn't know where that Thursday announcement rumor began...He might chose today..But he says it's unlikely to happen that soon

Reactions: Allvolslc
We have struck out a few times. Really need to hit our targets from here on out.

QUOTE="king ward, post: 3397262, member: 1728"]If we don't get this one after making him a priority, it would be a serious reversal. I like our system and the resources we are putting into recruiting. We need to close the deal more on the better players is all I'll say.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be all Tennessee, when he tweeted his top 5, he had Tenn # 1, us # 2, and did not say their was no order.

His Dad is a big Tennessee fan, he has been quoted saying this, in early June he visited them the day after us and called it a perfect visit.

Said his brother wants to go there as well, he said he enjoyed every second of his visit to Tenn, they said they will look at his brother.

Kongbo's recruiting seems to have stuck to," Gerald said. "He plays my position of course and he played JUCO at Arizona Western, not to far from where I'm at on the West Coast. He told me it was the best decision of his life."

Tenn does have a pretty DL good class coming in so unless Muschamp can sell him on a easier path to PT here, Gerald seems to be all Tenn.

I hope I'm wrong Brady Hoke is the DL coach there and I think a Hoke will haunt us again here, I dont like the Hoke brothers

Last edited:
He is all Tenn. let's hope jeffcoat turns out to be a good one. We missed on quite a few DE targets. Hope Muschamp is looking into it. Am sure he is but will changes be made

Sad how some of these early heavy Gamecock leans have turned. Not going to be the last either.

He is all Tenn. let's hope jeffcoat turns out to be a good one. We missed on quite a few DE targets. Hope Muschamp is looking into it. Am sure he is but will changes be made
If the NCAA allows the addition of the extra coach, I hope to heck that Muschamp goes after former Alabama DL coach Bo Davis. He's one heckuva DL coach and a fantastic recruiter.

If the NCAA allows the addition of the extra coach, I hope to heck that Muschamp goes after former Alabama DL coach Bo Davis. He's one heckuva DL coach and a fantastic recruiter.

I hope he goes after UNCC coach position coach Keith Henry, give him a raise bring him on as analyst now, with a on field job when the extra coach is added. It would be a smart move as well.

Bummer. As bad as we need dl recruits to whiff on another one. We're gonna need them especially after we lose the ones on the roster after the upcoming year. The top SEC teams win with solid dl and ol. Can't ever have to many. I am not knocking the coaches. They are busting it and still we miss out. Hurts when there are instate dl recruits and they are going elsewhere.

What are you guys hearing on JC Horn?

Horn has always been Alabama's to lose if they do not have room to take. Life long Alabama fan, owns a crimson suit, devastated like a player when Clemson beat them, per reports.

But does Alabama have room and reports earlier of Horn trying to commit and told no, if true, I don't think he goes there.

Several things have worked against South Carolina recently.

1) Horn being on Team Savage Pro at the opening with active player recruiters Clemson commits QB Lawrence and XT probably didn't help us. They couldn't really sell Clemson since he is not a take but im sure had another platform they tried to convey.

2). Jatavious Harris being a Tenn commit and is continuing to recruit him.

3) Horn had a great visit to Tenn and not much recent mention of us since a 6/25 retweet of a Jamyest WIlliams tweet. Actually his twitter is all Tenn.

From a South Carolina perspective you have to get him to our cookout and regain some momentum.

I would say Tenn leads right now to be honest, but he is a DB and not a DL. Travaris Robinson is a heck of a recruiter where as Lance Thompson is getting recruited against by all schools for being out of position as a good LB coach currently as a Defensive Line coach and it seems to be hurting us.

Last edited:
You have to cheat when coming off 3 sorry seasons in a row...Losing is probation...It's the only sanction that lasts...Gerald claims he felt at home at Tenn..Translation, they ponied up some real beans...Gerald was born and raised in Florence SC, went to JUCO in California..Now suddenly he is some half assed mountain boy that feels at home in Knoxville? He can choose a school for whatever reason he likes..But that reason doesn't pass the laugh test...If Coach Boom wants a few of these pass rushers, he better wise up and pay up

You have to cheat when coming off 3 sorry seasons in a row...Losing is probation...It's the only sanction that lasts...Gerald claims he felt at home at Tenn..Translation, they ponied up some real beans...Gerald was born and raised in Florence SC, went to JUCO in California..Now suddenly he is some half assed mountain boy that feels at home in Knoxville? He can choose a school for whatever reason he likes..But that reason doesn't pass the laugh test...If Coach Boom wants a few of these pass rushers, he better wise up and pay up
"Home in Knoxville"

Reactions: lawcalcock
Horn has always been Alabama's to lose if they do not have room to take. Life long Alabama fan, owns a crimson suit, devastated like a player when Clemson beat them, per reports.

But does Alabama have room and reports earlier of Horn trying to commit and told no, if true, I don't think he goes there.

Several things have worked against South Carolina recently.

1) Horn being on Team Savage Pro at the opening with active player recruiters Clemson commits QB Lawrence and XT probably didn't help us. They couldn't really sell Clemson since he is not a take but im sure had another platform they tried to convey.

2). Jatavious Harris being a Tenn commit and is continuing to recruit him.

3) Horn had a great visit to Tenn and not much recent mention of us since a 6/25 retweet of a Jamyest WIlliams tweet. Actually his twitter is all Tenn.

From a South Carolina perspective you have to get him to our cookout and regain some momentum.

I would say Tenn leads right now to be honest, but he is a DB and not a DL. Travaris Robinson is a heck of a recruiter where as Lance Thompson is getting recruited against by all schools for being out of position as a good LB coach currently as a Defensive Line coach and it seems to be hurting us.
That was the one thing that concerned me when Muschamp built his staff. Thompson reputation as a LB coach is solid, but it's been a while since he coached DL. That was one reason I was hoping he would reunite with Lawing here. I know Bo Davis' reputation as a DL coach and it's stellar. Know nothing about Henry from UNCC.

That was the one thing that concerned me when Muschamp built his staff. Thompson reputation as a LB coach is solid, but it's been a while since he coached DL. That was one reason I was hoping he would reunite with Lawing here. I know Bo Davis' reputation as a DL coach and it's stellar. Know nothing about Henry from UNCC.

Coach Henry from UNCC is K.J. Henry's father but Muschamp has had him working at some of the camps and building a relationship with him. Coach Henry was a long time assistant at Wake Forest, 11 years.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT