ADVERTISEMENT

Just a gentle reminder- negativity can harm our program

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008

Don’t want to sit around and espouse the greatness of an unproven staff? Cool

Have some doubts about a hire? Fair

Turning into an internet troll who bashes our program, administration, coaches and recently committed PLAYERS in every thread they are mentioned? Not ok. It does matter and people who can affect our trajectory do see it and while a handful of these trolls are fans of other schools intentionally trying to sabotage us... The vast majority are not. If you claim to be a Carolina fan and find your online activity falling in line with the extreme negativity being referred to here- how about STFU? Seriously- some of you should be absolutely ashamed.

It’s not trolls mostly just miserable people who literally only post on here to complain

Our basketball destroys Texas am in our first sec game and crickets had we lost they would have fallen over themselves to scream fire fm
You forgot to include Coach Tanner. Also, threads would start popping up stating "When does baseball season start".

Unless he has questions about the hire himself why would he care what anyone says? Beamer hired him, for now at least it is what it is and personally I’m just happy it isn’t Bobo. There is one sure fire way of stopping negativity and that’s improving and winning. If you’re looking for everyone to be happy with every decision your S.O.L.

personally I’m just happy it isn’t Bobo.

Ha. Personally I think just about everyone here is secretly or not so secretly glad it's not bobo.

That being said, I've agreed with those that say the optics of it looked bad, even if it's for the best.

Reactions: redrogers
It’s ironic how much people talk about getting the right coaches and facilities, and even paying players, and yet the one absolutely free thing we could all do is be a supportive fan base that players want to come to. This is our chance to try to turn the corner and some people are intent on being self fulfilling nihilistic profits. If you want a better team, great, but at some point you become part of the problem.

While I admire the effort of the OP, this rathole has always been infested with clempneck trolls and the bottom of the barrel most whiner loser nobody Gamecock fans/self haters. Lots of good posters here and many have come and gone, but this cesspool is the haven of the losers.

Reactions: System of a Cock
There needs to be a Balance . Sunshine pumping and blind alliance can be just as damaging to a program as constant negativity. When a team sucks and a coach staff is failing they need to be held accountable. However the jury is still out on Beamer . Bashing a coach or staff who has yet to play a game is just stupid .

True and the only way people on a message board can help contribute to winning is not by driving away recruits by crying like babies 24/7

Meh. I put a lot less stock in the impact of message boards when compared to results on the field.

I personally don't think the whiners here on this little fan board have any influence on recruiting, but I guess Shurbertt is closer to that than all of us so I defer to him.
IMO you can go on any teams fanboard and find similar complaining nobodies. I don't see why ours are the end all be all for recruiting.
JMO.

I get accused of complaining a lot on here but I try not to go overboard about it. I was right about Bobo and I knew I was right, it just took time to see I was right. I was right about Muschamp. I never wanted to get rid of Spurrier and I never blamed him for leaving, hell I miss the guy still. I’m 50/50 on CSB but I was hoping he’d hire a quality OC and DC because that’s what Dabo did that gave him so much success early. I just refuse to accept that USC can’t win and consistently win. I know we can win because I’ve seen it and I know we can have a better program than what we’ve been forced to settle for since 2014.

I get accused of complaining a lot on here but I try not to go overboard about it. I was right about Bobo and I knew I was right, it just took time to see I was right. I was right about Muschamp. I never wanted to get rid of Spurrier and I never blamed him for leaving, hell I miss the guy still. I’m 50/50 on CSB but I was hoping he’d hire a quality OC and DC because that’s what Dabo did that gave him so much success early. I just refuse to accept that USC can’t win and consistently win. I know we can win because I’ve seen it and I know we can have a better program than what we’ve been forced to settle for since 2014.
Someone please check my math.

Bobfootball used sixteen "I"s in one post.

Might be a tough benchmark to beat in the future.

Go Cocks!

It’s tough to argue with what Clemson has accomplished over the last few years. Part of their formula is to control the message. They do not allow their message boards to become cesspools of negativity.
Remember that "ALL IN!” thing we used to laugh at the taters about? Ya know, if it sounds stupid, but it works, (and it looks like it has worked for them), it’s not stupid. Maybe it just might work for us too. Just a thought; the usual naysayers may now return to their worm-eating party out in the garden with the rest of the whining children.

I think the winning took care of that more than anything.
Nope, back when they were losing 5 in a row to Spurrier, you could go to their site after a loss and if it wasn’t positive, it wasn’t posted. They censored so much it looked like nobody was posting anything.

So this is going to be the excuse when he leaves? It’s the fans fault. Not the 2-8 record this year, the bad coaching hires or the impending terrible record next season?

Did you believe your ex girlfriend when she said she broke up with you because or her and not because of you?

Reactions: BlueCord86
It’s tough to argue with what Clemson has accomplished over the last few years. Part of their formula is to control the message. They do not allow their message boards to become cesspools of negativity.

They’ve won two national championships in the past 5 years.

There is no reason for their message boards to be negative.

Reactions: BlueCord86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT