ADVERTISEMENT

Just a guess

umdterpcock

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2003
My guess is Tanner is waiting to talk to O'Sullivan.

If those talks look good then he'll wait to make an announcement, if not he's going to hire Bakich for a lot less $.

Either way we're in good hands if this is they way it plays out.

Reactions: sadd66
It is strange that almost a week later, no valid info on the search other than the Bakich interview. Just a tidbit tho: heard Tommy Moody say on the radio today that he hopes Tom Walter is a possibility, that he is such a great person. While he may be just that, and if he's the new head coach I'll pull for him and the program, we need a coach that will get us back on top. If he's a great person, great, but I want a winner. Just Win!

Reactions: wood90
I haven't heard a peep other than Bakich. They're really keeping this thing under wraps....or they're not making much progress.....

Remember we had a head start on our football coaching search and um did not hire quickly, Tanner takes his time, this has been his style. To put it nicely.

giphy.gif

It is strange that almost a week later, no valid info on the search other than the Bakich interview. Just a tidbit tho: heard Tommy Moody say on the radio today that he hopes Tom Walter is a possibility, that he is such a great person. While he may be just that, and if he's the new head coach I'll pull for him and the program, we need a coach that will get us back on top. If he's a great person, great, but I want a winner. Just Win!
Yeah, CCH is a great person - and that's not intended as some back-handed compliment - I believe most folks truly believe that. But if that were our primary criteria, then we should have kept him. We have to be after a winner first and foremost!

Totally agree on we need a winner! I do not think a bakich hire will change anything because with a big name you have hope for the future...everyone knows whoever the coach is next year its going to be a long year.

I am starting to believe the O'Sullivan rumors...His buyout drops to 750k july1....USC will pay da man...I hope he brings his pitching coach with him...Gators always have 1 of the best staffs in the nation

Definitely feel like football should've been faster, more "successful", but maybe the second part will happen. CWM seems to be working his tail off, and he's our coach, so you have to give him time. Timing for the baseball hire has to deal with the CWS assuming you want one of those guys, and you should. I'd like at least 3 of them. Maybe already a done deal with 1 of them?

Definitely feel like football should've been faster, more "successful", but maybe the second part will happen. CWM seems to be working his tail off, and he's our coach, so you have to give him time. Timing for the baseball hire has to deal with the CWS assuming you want one of those guys, and you should. I'd like at least 3 of them. Maybe already a done deal with 1 of them?

I've never quite understood the issues some fans have with Boom's hire at USC. Really, who were we going to get to even come close to SOS when the HBC was at his peak at Carolina? I liked Smart, but mostly due to his recruiting rep at . . . Lord, BAMA?! LOL! Then there was the elusive, coy Herman at Houston who couldn't drag himself from the Longhorn altar if it was on 'far' (Texan for fire).

Tanner got the right man at the right time. Stay tuned.

I've never quite understood the issues some fans have with Boom's hire at USC. Really, who were we going to get to even come close to SOS when the HBC was at his peak at Carolina? I liked Smart, but mostly due to his recruiting rep at . . . Lord, BAMA?! LOL! Then there was the elusive, coy Herman at Houston who couldn't drag himself from the Longhorn altar if it was on 'far' (Texan for fire).

Well to be fair he passed on Lincoln Riley who is enough of an up and comer to get the OU job. So if Muschamp bombs and Riley succeeds big time then history won't be kind. There was no way Riley would have turned us down.

What I will never ever get was the interest in Rich Rod.

I agree.

Well to be fair he passed on Lincoln Riley who is enough of an up and comer to get the OU job. So if Muschamp bombs and Riley succeeds big time then history won't be kind. There was no way Riley would have turned us down.

What I will never ever get was the interest in Rich Rod.

Lincoln Riley is taking over a cakewalk compared to what he would have inherited here.

There shouldn't be any comparison of the 2 situations. You can bet your last dime that Muschamp is better at building than Riley would have ever been. Don't get me wrong I like LR but he wasn't the right guy for a total re-build.

To me Tanner hit a homerun with WM.

I am starting to believe the O'Sullivan rumors...His buyout drops to 750k july1....USC will pay da man...I hope he brings his pitching coach with him...Gators always have 1 of the best staffs in the nation

If he comes you can be 100% guaranteed that he will bring his pitching coach with him. . . .smh

Reactions: lawcalcock
Lincoln Riley is taking over a cakewalk compared to what he would have inherited here.

There shouldn't be any comparison of the 2 situations. You can bet your last dime that Muschamp is better at building than Riley would have ever been. Don't get me wrong I like LR but he wasn't the right guy for a total re-build.

To me Tanner hit a homerun with WM.
I'm not making the comparison. I'm merely pointing out that if what I posted happens you can bet your possessions there were second guessers aplenty.

He's his own pitching coach.

I'm not making the comparison. I'm merely pointing out that if what I posted happens you can bet your possessions there were second guessers aplenty.
That's cool, but if what you suggested happens there shouldn't be an uproar with who Tanner chose.

You can make the argument Tanner should have never begged Spurrier to not retire, but there shouldn't be any fans who take it out on Tanner for not hiring LR.

We are in a much better place because of Steve Spurrier but he all but blew up the direction and momentum of the program his last 2 seasons. It was almost as if Muschamp took over a first year program with great facilities. Personnel wise Muschamp inherited a complete and utter embarrassment of a roster. LR is at least taking over quality players.

That being said I would have loved Muschamp to have been able to hire LR as our OC because LR is a quality coach.

He is the pitching coach just like he was at Klemmons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT