ADVERTISEMENT

Just Chill...Let our coaches coach.

wbryant

Nov 24, 2004
Who in the hell do you think we are. We love our school. Yes, we do. This is what I believe. However, the only thing some of us love is applauding when we win. And usually can't wait for adversity to spew discontent upon anyone in charge by demanding their dismissal. Gamecocks are special to me. All our coaches are trying to put the best product on the floor. Sometimes that does not materialize into wins we expect. If a player wants to focus on his future, you call him a quitter. A coach and his team go through a season that literally disallows them to practice as a unit for most of the season. The head coach fights for his life literally with two bouts of Covid, you still call for his dismissal. NO excuse right? Someone sees things different from you or just does not agree, you cheapen their opinion by calling them names and making facetious statements. Every competition has a winner and a loser. Rarely has one team won them all in a season There are usually highs and lows in any program. Some complainer has never contributed to the university, neither by attendance at games or via the GCC, but ready to fire anyone who does not meet their standards. I get it. No one likes to lose and feels it's their right to ask for them to be fired. I just don't think these people are true fans. A fan supports their team unconditionally. I went to every game during our 0-21 run under Lou Holtz. I was also there when we overcame that period. I cheered every game during our back-to-back CWS. I picked us in my MM bracket in 2017 and cheered like crazy when we made the final four for the first time ever. Three years later, I am writing to you to try to simply say that our coach has already shown us he can take us there. Anyone else we get may or may not have experienced that yet. So it would only be a wish and a prayer that they will win here. The bottom line is this. Stop being a candy ass, and let our coach do his job because he has already proven he can. He loves this place, He wants to be here and has said so time and time again. The next guy may want to coach here until he can go elsewhere, or even worse turn out to be just a bad coach. Don't shoot the cow when the milk goes bad. OK. I'll get off my soapbox and let those of you who can't wait to attack me personally or the reasons I give. Just chill.

Who in the hell do you think we are. We love our school. Yes, we do. This is what I believe. However, the only thing some of us love is applauding when we win. And usually can't wait for adversity to spew discontent upon anyone in charge by demanding their dismissal. Gamecocks are special to me. All our coaches are trying to put the best product on the floor. Sometimes that does not materialize into wins we expect. If a player wants to focus on his future, you call him a quitter. A coach and his team go through a season that literally disallows them to practice as a unit for most of the season. The head coach fights for his life literally with two bouts of Covid, you still call for his dismissal. NO excuse right? Someone sees things different from you or just does not agree, you cheapen their opinion by calling them names and making facetious statements. Every competition has a winner and a loser. Rarely has one team won them all in a season There are usually highs and lows in any program. Some complainer has never contributed to the university, neither by attendance at games or via the GCC, but ready to fire anyone who does not meet their standards. I get it. No one likes to lose and feels it's their right to ask for them to be fired. I just don't think these people are true fans. A fan supports their team unconditionally. I went to every game during our 0-21 run under Lou Holtz. I was also there when we overcame that period. I cheered every game during our back-to-back CWS. I picked us in my MM bracket in 2017 and cheered like crazy when we made the final four for the first time ever. Three years later, I am writing to you to try to simply say that our coach has already shown us he can take us there. Anyone else we get may or may not have experienced that yet. So it would only be a wish and a prayer that they will win here. The bottom line is this. Stop being a candy ass, and let our coach do his job because he has already proven he can. He loves this place, He wants to be here and has said so time and time again. The next guy may want to coach here until he can go elsewhere, or even worse turn out to be just a bad coach. Don't shoot the cow when the milk goes bad. OK. I'll get off my soapbox and let those of you who can't wait to attack me personally or the reasons I give. Just chill.
We let Muschamp coach. How did that work out? We let Holbrook coach, how did that work out? We let Martin coach, how is that working out?

I didn't make it past the first sentence.

Last edited:
Your post covers at least 3 different sports and a couple of decades. I think I understand your passion, but I’m very confused as to what exactly I’m supposed to chill about? 😳🤙🏼🐔

I agree.
We should let him coach.
Anywhere but here.

This argument would be more compelling if these coaches didn't make tens of millions. Frank made 500k per victory this year. Muschamp made 16.5k a day, everyday. This isn't the church rec league.

Ending the frame with “just chill” tells me that a misguided wanna be wrote it

So, who cares if we win or lose?

Reactions: Brace1

Having Frank as our basketball coach is no worse than having severe lifetime body odor, having your horse shot out from under you, your stock portfolio going to $0 or having someone steal your bible!

Reactions: Brace1
My goodness, I do love when the bleeding hearts come out of the woodwork. Sometimes they tend to forget that big time college sports is not some church youth league where everybody gets a pat on the back for working up a sweat. These coaches make multi million dollar salaries. Without the fans financial support of athletics these programs do not exist. So there is some type of return on investment expected. Sadly, that bar is not very high at USC. Slightly above mediocre seems to good enough. I think everyone wants USC to do well, but to tolerate mediocrity just because it wears school colors is a habit that shouldn't happen.

lemme know when we might even be close to winning any kind of championship chief

Reactions: Brace1 and F-86F

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT