ADVERTISEMENT

Just compete and play with some intensity, please!

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
For the past two Carolina-Clemson contests, our team has appeared to be disinterested in the proceedings, especially two years ago, although last year was only a little bit better. Too many fans, players and coaches equate emotion with intensity but that is a false premise. When an athlete is emotional, he can't think straight because his feelings at that particular moment completely override the mental processes. Intensity is an intentional, well thought out determination to always compete with maximum effort. Emotion leads to blown assignments, playing out of position or coverage, and stupid showoff penalties, while intensity leads to intelligent maximum effort within the confines of team dynamics. I'm not expecting a miracle Saturday night, just a lot more intensity, less emotion and a much better effort than I've witnessed from Muschamp's teams so far in the rivalry.

Amen. We all know it’s a mismatch right now. But I want our guys aiming to make sure those tater players know they were in a football game. You can still knock the snot out of someone. My high school team wasn’t good but it doesn’t mean we couldn’t try to knock someone on their butt.

I'd actually argue that last year our team played with TOO MUCH intensity... but absolutely no self-control or focus. Maybe we are just mincing words. I think we'd all like to win the game however it happens. We just sit around discussing this because we are like a death row prisoner waiting on the clock to strike 12.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I'd actually argue that last year our team played with TOO MUCH intensity... but absolutely no self-control or focus. Maybe we are just mincing words. I think we'd all like to win the game however it happens. We just sit around discussing this because we are like a death row prisoner waiting on the clock to strike 12.
Bingo. Our guys played like a basketball player with 4 fouls the past two meetings. I want them play like they belong on the same field not scared and intimidated.

Reactions: CockFamily6
For the past two Carolina-Clemson contests, our team has appeared to be disinterested in the proceedings, especially two years ago, although last year was only a little bit better. Too many fans, players and coaches equate emotion with intensity but that is a false premise. When an athlete is emotional, he can't think straight because his feelings at that particular moment completely override the mental processes. Intensity is an intentional, well thought out determination to always compete with maximum effort. Emotion leads to blown assignments, playing out of position or coverage, and stupid showoff penalties, while intensity leads to intelligent maximum effort within the confines of team dynamics. I'm not expecting a miracle Saturday night, just a lot more intensity, less emotion and a much better effort than I've witnessed from Muschamp's teams so far in the rivalry.

AMEN

That's what I'd love to see. Unfortunately I was just reading how many guys we're gonna be without on defense so it's like that's not even a possibility before we even begin :(

We did in 2015 and lost 37-35....

How about lets beat them in a sloppy game and call it a day...

Reactions: bdblack
I guarantee Fenton will get a pass interference call.

There will be lots of PI ... probably on both sides. The Clemmers will not give up explosive plays (25+ yards). They will do whatever it takes to squash any hope or momentum we might put together. They are still playing for style points with the selection committee because they may still get in the playoff with 1 loss even if it is to us. Should they lose the ACC championship game to Pitt, they will need a convincing win over us to get in with 1 loss.

Make em earn it, no first score interception return touchdowns like last year Clemson Game and this year's Georgia game.

And please defer if we win the toss

Am I asking to much?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT