ADVERTISEMENT

Just for "fun and giggles" what if Bone had stayed with our program

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
instead of going to Texas A&M what difference would she had made to the overall program? Would we have won another championship or perhaps gone further in the playoffs, etc.

And secondly, why did she leave Carolina? Did we ever really know? Because I thought her mother had moved to Columbia with her so they could be close to each other. Not, that any of the matters anymore but just wondering how things might have turned out if Bone had played her entire career at Carolina?

Even though her mother was here, she was far from her friends and familiarity, which may have played a part. Heck, maybe she came here to get away from her mother; who knows? The real reason, in my opinion, is that she expected us to win big as soon as she joined the team and no freshman, no matter how talented, is going to singlehandedly turn around a program. A'ja Wilson is an outstanding player, but she is one piece of the puzzle this season.

Great question, thought about this yesterday. Glad she left. Dawn proved she could win with girls that wanted to be here, and her system could endure the best player in a class leaving.

From what I heard, if Bone stayed other girls that were the backbone of the program later would have left. Apparently there was some division with her and most of her teammates. No ill will... it worked out well for all. I wouldn't trade anything for where the program is now!

Go Gamecocks!

DS was demanding certain things from Kelsey, get in shape, and she was not complying and acting the prima Donna so they parted ways. She goes to A&M and the coach says you're fat and if you want to play: lift weights and lose 25 pounds. To her credit she did and became an All American.

......while we are speculating....I would say that there is a good chance the team chemistry would not be what it is today.

Originally posted by winloseortie:
DS was demanding certain things from Kelsey, get in shape, and she was not complying and acting the prima Donna so they parted ways. She goes to A&M and the coach says you're fat and if you want to play: lift weights and lose 25 pounds. To her credit she did and became an All American.
Sometimes, it's a matter of WHO says it. In the case of A&M, she had no choice. Screw up in College Station and it's 'Prairie View A&M here I come!'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT