ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard that Steve Sarkisian has emerged at as a candidate at Auburn. Per rumors on the Finebaum show he

It all depends on who Raymond Harbert and Jimmy Rane want. Their AD and search committees mean little at Auburn. Never have, never will.

Joel Klatt said there is a gentlemen's agreement that Sark is the coaching-in-waiting at Bama.

Joel Klatt said there is a gentlemen's agreement that Sark is the coaching-in-waiting at Bama.

I just don't see Saban leaving in the next 5 years. He's got an absolute monster that isn't going anywhere. He's in tip top shape for his age as well.

I’m telling you guys watch out for Kiffin . Don’t be surprised if it goes down . They know he has a chip on his shoulder against Saban and in his one year at Ole Miss he put a big scare in Bama In their game . Don’t be surprised.

I’m telling you guys watch out for Kiffin . Don’t be surprised if it goes down . They know he has a chip on his shoulder against Saban and in his one year at Ole Miss he put a big scare in Bama In their game . Don’t be surprised.
It's certainly not beyond Kiffin to scamper off after only one year.

Reactions: Closer
Saban could go 10 more years even if he lost his wits in year 5. He has a machine there right now and is just printing money and mi ting trophies! Why would Saban ever leave? Sark would also be a fool to leave Bama for Auburn IMO. That would be a divisive hire within their own fan base at AU and he would be facing off against Saban at their most hatted rival! That is a tough spot. If I was a hot coordinator candidate for HC, I would be looking for a big school job in the Pac 12 or Big 12. They still have FB clout, you only have MAYBE one really good team to beat to win your conference every year and the Pac 12 hasn’t had a really good team in a minute! A job like USC, UCLA, Oregon maybe even Az- somewhere with money, some history, can recruit... Even Washington- didn’t they make the playoffs one year? I think if you are Sark especially! Go back West, where you still have ties, it seems everyone has forgiven his personal addiction issues... It was never that big of a deal- one or two embarassing minor incidents, abd he got help- Pac 12 is an easier path to a playoff, and if you have a hard on to play Saban- meet him there.

I’m fully behind Beamer but wonder Why did we not aggressively pursue Sark?
Love his offensive play calling. Of course he has talent we could only dream of.

Love his offensive play calling. Of course he has talent we could only dream of.
He had experience that we obviously didn't want. He also had baggage according to some on here. I think the main reason once again was experience and price tag. We bought the new model with no known reliability on the cheap. A true Vegas pick.

Word is Sark wasn’t that interested . I think he wants to eventually head back west . He’s a heck of an offensive mind . With his past I’m sure we wouldn’t have considered him since we think Columbia is full of Choir boys .

Reactions: Legendary Cock
It all depends on who Raymond Harbert and Jimmy Rane want. Their AD and search committees mean little at Auburn. Never have, never will.

That's a fact. Jimmy is a customer of mine. His influence is real. You see the commercials on the SEC network. The yellow cowboy speaks, Auburn listens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT