ADVERTISEMENT

Just in case anyone was wondering- Wes Clarke

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
Leads the league is EVERYTHING:

Batting avg, HR, RBI, OBP, BB, slg %... number of of panties tossed a him as he circles the bases, tears shed by opposing pitchers, chubbies given to Gamecock fans and perhaps most importantly- times he has held the coveted scythe/battle axe thingy.

I have never seen anything like it. Yes, we needed another thread celebrating this absolute explosion of greatness!!

Wes Clarke has been incredible. He's about as hot as you can get as a hitter. Reminds me a little of Yaron Peters in 2002 but that was with livelier bats and balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Have y'all ever watched baseball before? I'm glad he is killing it right now, but just understand he will come back down to normal statistics. How the guy batting behind Wes will determine a lot on how teams will pitch to Wes from here on out in SEC play. Those teams won't get beat by one guy, they will make someone else do it.

Reactions: Carolina Doc
Have y'all ever watched baseball before? I'm glad he is killing it right now, but just understand he will come back down to normal statistics. How the guy batting behind Wes will determine a lot on how teams will pitch to Wes from here on out in SEC play. Those teams won't get beat by one guy, they will make someone else do it.
Yeah, you're right. He will cool off and his numbers will become more normal. He should still be a force other teams and pitchers will have to think about, though. I don't expect a season batting average of .600, but I believe plenty of excitement is yet to come.

We're probably a little grounded than you think. It's an absolute his average will drop. I dont think anyone that knows baseball thinks any different. In the meantime, nothing wrong with a little excitement in a fanbase starved to see something good in our men's program. No reason for that to be taken away. It's all in good fun.

Last edited:
Yes. We have.
We know all this can change at the drop of a hat, considering the last guy to hit over .400 in a season for us did so 24 years ago. (He also holds the 4 year BA record at .357.) But that doesn't mean we can't be excited about what we're watching right now, and enjoy the heck out of it.

Last edited:
Yes. We have.
We know all this can change at the drop of a hat, considering the last guy to hit over .400 in a season for us did so 24 years ago. (He also holds the 4 year BA record at .357.) But that doesn't mean we can't be excited about what we're watching right now, and enjoy the heck out of it.

Who was the guy that batted .357 over a four year span?

Yeah, I have been watching baseball about 40 fckn years smartass. Nobody made any implication this is anything more than it is- a really hot start! Pointing out the obvious does not make you superior in baseball knowledge or understanding to anyone here..

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Have you ever read a stat sheet? We currently have 4 batters in the top 20 in in Batting average. Look like the guys behind Wes are doing pretty good

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT