ADVERTISEMENT

Just scanned our basketball roster...holy crap!

MTsumner92

Jul 31, 2005
Martins been busy!!!!!

0James Reese VGGr.6-4170Eastover, S.C. (North Texas)
1Jacobi WrightGFr.6-2180Fort Mill, S.C. (Legacy Early College)
2Chico Carter Jr.GJr.6-3189Columbia, S.C. (Murray State)
4Tre-Vaughn MinottCSo.6-9270Montreal, Quebec (NBA Academy Latin America)
5Jermaine CouisnardGJr.*6-4211East Chicago, Ind. (Montverde Academy)
10Erik StevensonGSr.6-4209Lacey, Wash. (Washington)
12AJ WilsonFGr.6-7234Laurel, Md. (George Mason)
13Mike GreenGJr.6-2190Myrtle Beach, S.C. (Christian Academy)
14Brandon MartinFSr.6-5232Miami, Fla. (USC Upstate)
15Wildens LevequeF/CJr.6-10255Brockton, Mass. (Gould Academy)
21Ja'Von BensonFSo.6-7250Columbia, S.C. (Ridgeview)
23Devin CarterGFr.6-3188Miami, Fla. (Brewster Academy)
24Keyshawn BryantFSr.6-6187Winter Haven, Fla. (Winter Haven)
33Josh GrayFSo.7-0255Brooklyn, N.Y. (LSU)
44Ford Cooper Jr.GJr.6-3202Charlotte, N.C. (Missouri St.)
55Ta’Quan WoodleyFFr.6-8280Camden, N.J. (Camden)

Reactions: TAV31
I’m pretty sure he was told win or this is it. So when you’re bad you make these types of changes in a win or go home scenario. Muschamp is gone. We could buy Frank too if it comes to that

Heard coach yesterday on The Game. He said he had to “re-center” himself. Maybe it’s just hearing the same coach for many years in a row but it just came off as a different attempt to project optimism but still offer potential excuses (many transfers).

Heard coach yesterday on The Game. He said he had to “re-center” himself. Maybe it’s just hearing the same coach for many years in a row but it just came off as a different attempt to project optimism but still offer potential excuses (many transfers).
On a somewhat different note, heard some similarities today on Spartans football & their predicted last place finish by the know it als…….how’d that work out for the #2 lead pencils?

One thing I looked at was the transfers free throw percentage. I think all of them were over 70%. That’s an upgrade in itself. We absolutely sucked at the line last year as a team.
Have these players ever had a coach cussing them up and down as they play/shoot?

One thing I looked at was the transfers free throw percentage. I think all of them were over 70%. That’s an upgrade in itself. We absolutely sucked at the line last year as a team.
Biggest problem today, they don’t make the sign of the cross…….too many infidels.

Or to paraphrase McGuire when asked by the priest did it help in making free throws with the sign of the cross? …”Not if they can’t shoot.”

• Haha
Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Reese, Stevenson, and both Carters are good shooters. Reese is streaky but he is a good scorer.
Stevenson is def not a "good shooter". Well not from 3 at least, from 3 he is not even average. Reese is pretty average 3 point shooter. Chico has been a good 3 point shooter so far, not sure about the other.

I like the pieces we have this year. We have depth baring injuries which that seems to happen. We need the Bigs inside to step up.

Reese, Stevenson, and both Carters are good shooters. Reese is streaky but he is a good scorer.
How can we "save" this post and look at it in mid season and determine how accurate it is. We hear every year how so and so in a great shooter but so and so never gets on the court because he cant play defense or he's in Martins dog house because he didnt go to class. I'm not criticizing the poster here; just taking a very cautious wait and see attitude.

Apparently they lost to Wake Forest (picked 13th in the ACC by Lindy’s) by 20. Of course it’s just a loose exhibition, but it’s the only result we have to date with regard to this team.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "He just needs more time"
I can hear it now.

I hope we have a great season, but I can’t suffer any more excuses for not making the tournament.

Frank has spent all the capital from the FF run, and then some.

Last year covid was blamed. I’m guessing if we don’t make it it will be bexause we are still rebuilding from the covid year.

Apparently they lost to Wake Forest (picked 13th in the ACC by Lindy’s) by 20. Of course it’s just a loose exhibition, but it’s the only result we have to date with regard to this team.
When did they play this game ?
First I heard of playing Wake Forest in an exhibition

Wonder if any of them can make 7 out of 10 foul shots ?

Last edited:
I've not heard of any of these dudes. SEC is projected to be an 8-9 bid team this year for the NCAA. Hopefully Frank can get us in.

Really hope Frank can pull a rabbit out of the hat this year. Otherwise, he probably should be gone. Most of his teams never seemed to find much continuity. In large part do to his polarizing personality and high roster turnover rate.

John Wooden is perhaps the greatest BB coach ever. His teams always shot well at the line. I didn't realize he was an All American basketball player himself at Purdue in the 1930s. Went on to play professionally (before NBA existed). He hit 143 free throws in a row at one point in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT