ADVERTISEMENT

Just so I’m clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can accuse a state university and it’s coaches and admin of cheating. And a successful church of which many on this board likely attend of scamming and money laundering.
WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE.

But I can’t ask you “ you cane out for or against something. Explain why.”

Mods please verify my understanding.
Huh? What? :eek:o_O:rolleyes:

i can accuse a state university and it’s coaches and admin of cheating. And a successful church of which many on this board likely attend of scamming and money laundering.

Why don't you just stop trolling and move along. All you're trying to do is get a reaction from people by insulting them. No one cares what you think. Just stop being

It's because it's not nice to ask people if they "cane out for or against something" whatever that means.

bcd9ce6072a0ed739fd6371f459265b4.jpg

Why don't you just stop trolling and move along. All you're trying to do is get a reaction from people by insulting them. No one cares what you think. Just stop being

It's because it's not nice to ask people if they "cane out for or against something" whatever that means.
Ooh good one! No one used troll yet.
Who did I insult?

If you have no ability to discuss anything of substance. Don’t click on it.
Why don’t you stick to movie quotes and uniforms.

Ooh good one! No one used troll yet.
Who did I insult?

If you have no ability to discuss anything of substance. Don’t click on it.
Why don’t you stick to movie quotes and uniforms.
Post something of substance, and we'll be happy to discuss. Currently you're yelling into the wind.

Reactions: Brace1
I think you misunderstand how this works.
The Clemson-New Springs accusations are opinions. We don't actually see the fire, but there's plenty of smoke. No evidence needed to say, "I see these things happening, and here's what I think."
Same for your OC post the other day: if people do or don't want McClendon or Bentley as the next OC, they can base it on some level of understanding, or simply a gut reaction. Personally, I don't want either of them because I want someone with a proven track record of running a successful college offense.

Your attempted comparison between the two doesn't work.

I think you misunderstand how this works.
The Clemson-New Springs accusations are opinions. We don't actually see the fire, but there's plenty of smoke. No evidence needed to say, "I see these things happening, and here's what I think."
Same for your OC post the other day: if people do or don't want McClendon or Bentley as the next OC, they can base it on some level of understanding, or simply a gut reaction. Personally, I don't want either of them because I want someone with a proven track record of running a successful college offense.

Your attempted comparison between the two doesn't work.
First thanks for verbalizing ur OC opinion.

Secondly stating ur opinion on who is a better OC is just ur opinion. But when u accuse someone (especially a church) of immoral and criminal allegations w no evidence, it’s not an opinion. ITS SLANDER

First thanks for verbalizing ur OC opinion.

Secondly stating ur opinion on who is a better OC is just ur opinion. But when u accuse someone (especially a church) of immoral and criminal allegations w no evidence, it’s not an opinion. ITS SLANDER
I'm no lawyer, (I was a Journalism major-we had to learn a fair amount on this topic) but I'm pretty sure this isn't anything close to slander.

First, I think you mean libel, not slander. Slander is spoken, libel is through any form of media.

Second, slander/libel has to be stated as fact. (saying "I think/believe/am convinced that Dabo and high-level Clemson athletic boosters are funneling money to recruits and their parents through New Springs Church" isn't slander...it is being presented as an opinion).

Finally, I'm pretty sure that if the "libelous" statements in questions can be reasonably considered true, then they aren't deemed libelous at all. For example, an argument could be made that based on documented incidents involving IPTAY/Clemson boosters, that school has a history of organized NCAA violations for recruiting benefits...and that more recent examples of a certain OL recruit taking a picture with $20k in the back of a car, or a guy taking pictures in the weight room with hands full of hundreds, or a WR recruit from Camden showing up to school with $10k could give a reasonable person cause to believe the newest accusations.

Still it is circumstantial “evidence” of cheating. I smell something rotten there; but we don’t KNOW enough to accuse a church of money laundering

I'd like to clarify what your concern is. Are you upset that one of your threads was moved/erased? But others are deemed acceptable?

Or are you asking the users of this forum why they think it's ok to make questionable statements about a church with no proof?

"Clemson cheats!!!!!1!"

(same poster, different thread)

"Why don't we cheat more????????????/?"

I believe he's mainly upset that many posters do not provide long treatises formally declaring their reasons behind thinking x, y or z should or will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT