ADVERTISEMENT

Just stumbled across Deion’s punt return

cock83

Nov 21, 2010
in dung valley. Anybody notice something ironic near the end? Kinda funny given recent events.

I remember that. Didn’t bring it up becuase Taters will just say it was so long ago and they’ve changed. It was snowing right after that I believe. Saw a huge snowflake headed for Deons helmet. At least it wasn’t a water bottle.

That was a great football game, any way you slice it. Both teams were great on defense. Offensively, they couldn't have been more different.

Yes, that was an unforgettable play. His 20 yards burst in the middle of the field is the fastest I've seen a player run in a football game. He looks like a gazelle compared to the Clemson players.

Reactions: king ward
How many titles would Bobby Bowden have if they were a playoff system when he coached? FSU finished top 4 in the nation 13 CONSECUTIVE YEARS. (That was the reason I was so adamantly opposed to a playoff because the potential the ACC provides Clemson to finish top 4.) Bowden lost so many "wide right" games early in the season in out of conference games that FSU was eliminated from the national championship, despite having the best team (or close to it) at the end of the season.

How many titles would Bobby Bowden have if they were a playoff system when he coached? FSU finished top 4 in the nation 13 CONSECUTIVE YEARS. (That was the reason I was so adamantly opposed to a playoff because the potential the ACC provides Clemson to finish top 4.) Bowden lost so many "wide right" games early in the season in out of conference games that FSU was eliminated from the national championship, despite having the best team (or close to it) at the end of the season.

Cuts both ways. This year Clem would have one less game to win if we were under the BCS and they would avoid Bama. So the CFP is making a championship less obtainable for them this year.

Reactions: DarkCock
Cuts both ways. This year Clem would have one less game to win if we were under the BCS and they would avoid Bama. So the CFP is making a championship less obtainable for them this year.

Agree about this year. But in the long run it definitely works to Clemson's advantage. Any Clemson fan would be a fool to prefer the BCS to the playoff. Just like any USC fan is a fool to prefer the playoff to the BCS. Every year of the playoff so far, the SEC champion would have made the BCS Championship game, including this season.

https://colleyrankings.com/foot2017/bcsLike/bcsLike14.html

The fact that the committee actually let two SEC teams does make me like it a little better, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT