ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smoak HRs in back to back games

Sorry to cut in on Smoak thread. He is going strong. Kudos to him. When Justin was at USC, there was another highly rated player from the Charleston area. He played shortstop. Help. Can't remember his name. I do remember a poster who trashed him to no end for an error he made against N. C. in a playoff game.

Sorry to cut in on Smoak thread. He is going strong. Kudos to him. When Justin was at USC, there was another highly rated player from the Charleston area. He played shortstop. Help. Can't remember his name. I do remember a poster who trashed him to no end for an error he made against N. C. in a playoff game.

That was Reese Havens. Think he got drafted by the Mets. Had a decent career at SC. I do remember him making a critical error against UNC in the Super Regional. Last two times we played UNC in Chapel Hill for a chance to go to Omaha we blew it making errors. Hard to believe how UNC has turned that series around on us. Before that we were eliminating them every postseason it seemed.

Those teams were the most talented teams Ray Tanner had. It’s pretty amazing they never made it to Omaha. That shows you, in college baseball, there is more to it than just talent. You need a Wingo, Morales, or a Roth on the team too. Guys that just know how to win. They won a ton of games back then but just couldn’t finish it off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT