ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smoak Walk-Off HR

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Toronto came back from 8-2 in the 9th to beat Tampa. Smoak hit a 2 OUT Walk-off Homer for the win. His 25th of the season.

Toronto came back from 8-2 in the 9th to beat Tampa. Smoak hit a 2 OUT Walk-off Homer for the win. His 25th of the season.
Typical Rays performance. This I'll say, though, they've done more with less than anyone in baseball. 18.5 games out in their division but still in the running for a wild card berth.

Good for Smoak. He is saddled with a miserable team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Typical Rays performance. This I'll say, though, they've done more with less than anyone in baseball. 18.5 games out in their division but still in the running for a wild card berth.

Good for Smoak. He is saddled with a miserable team.

Yeah this wasn’t typical of the Rays at all this season. They are probably the hottest team in baseball over the past month and a half but their playoff hopes are pretty much gone. What Kevin Cash has done with this team should have him in the COY conversation. They’d be in the NL Playoffs with their record.

Yeah this wasn’t typical of the Rays at all this season. They are probably the hottest team in baseball over the past month and a half but their playoff hopes are pretty much gone. What Kevin Cash has done with this team should have him in the COY conversation. They’d be in the NL Playoffs with their record.
Wow. Justin Smoak certainly got lost in the shuffle in your response. I suppose the good news is that I now know more about "the Rays" and Kevin Cash than I ever wanted to know.

Wow. Justin Smoak certainly got lost in the shuffle in your response. I suppose the good news is that I now know more about "the Rays" and Kevin Cash than I ever wanted to know.

I was responding to the “Typical Rays performance” comment. Douche

I vacation down there almost every year. We go to the games anytime they are in town. I've seen a lot of crappy baseball - reminiscent of Brad Scott football.

I was responding to the “Typical Rays performance” comment. Douche
I didn't see a "typical Rays performance" comment to which you replying. I still don't. I actually didn't notice until now that you were replying to your own main post. That's a little odd, but it does change things. That would have tipped me off that something is screwy. Sorry for any confusion.

Reactions: Carolina4
I didn't see a "typical Rays performance" comment to which you replying. I still don't. I actually didn't notice until now that you were replying to your own main post. That's a little odd, but it does change things. That would have tipped me off that something is screwy. Sorry for any confusion.

I never replied to my own post. You must have King Ward ignored or something. No worries. And I throw out the term “douche” loosely...

Last edited:
Smoak and Pearce have really blossomed last couple years. Best two hitters we've probably ever had.

They sure have. Both have had long careers and should be set for life as far as finances are concerned. Smoak probably underachieved early in his career but now he’s actually underrated. Some of that has to do with playing in Toronto.

Pearce, in my opinion, was the best hitter we’ve had at SC. My reason for saying that is because he always hit it hard. Whether the other team got him out or not, you knew Pearce was going to rip it. But his pro-prospects weren’t that great because experts didn’t like his swing. He took a while to get to where he is now but performed so well that teams couldn’t ignore it any longer and had to put him on a roster.

Same is going to happen with Christian Walker...who has done far more than enough to earn a spot on a MLB Roster full-time. Hopefully someone will trade for him soon and get him out of the D-Backs organization.

But the best player we have sent to the majors recently may be Whit Merrifield. Dude is killing it in KC over the past 2 seasons. He’s also a fan favorite there. He probably should’ve made the All-Star team this season. Hope he can continue to play at a high performance but he’s stuck in KC for a while because he a great bargain for them for the next couple of years. Actually got to see him hit a HR last month against Tampa.

Last edited:
I vacation down there almost every year. We go to the games anytime they are in town. I've seen a lot of crappy baseball - reminiscent of Brad Scott football.

Yeah they’ve had some really bad teams, especially before Maddon was there. Hopefully they’ll get the new ball park built in Tampa. The Trop is a dump and too hard to get to for everyone that lives across the bridge. We’ll know in the next few months whether or not that’s going to happen. If not, I got a feeling we’ll be seeing the Montreal Expos make a return to MLB.

I also pull for the Braves and both teams are way ahead of schedule to compete. Unfortunately for the Rays, they are in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox. Not many would realize the success the Rays have had since 2008...that’s a tough division to win anything in but they’d managed to do that.

Braves are going to earn a pennant this season. Hopefully this is the beginning of a solid run for them.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT