ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State Coaching Pick Underwhelms...

It’s amazing a staff with 4 CFP appearances straight is still in tact. How does that happen???

It’s amazing a staff with 4 CFP appearances straight is still in tact. How does that happen???
Baffling, isn't it? I think it has to be a perfect storm combination sort of thing; The clown has put together talented assistants, who 1> are paid very well, and 2> All actually care and are invested in the team - they aren't self-serving, looking for the next big paycheck. They're....ugh.... all in, and that's what it takes. I think there's active recruitment from the top to keep them as such as well. I know our previous staff seemed happy as could be for top assistants to leave...... we see where that got us.

Great hire by KSU. Don't understand the title of the thread "underwhelming". Kleiman has gone 67-6, and is part of a football dynasty that eclipses Bama.
6 National Championships in 7 years, and in FCS there are 24 teams in the playoffs, so there is a more difficult path to the NC game.

Sounds like a good a fit as they could find. Knows the middle of the country for recruiting and must know x and o's too. Manhattan, Ks is really isolated but maybe he can overcome that like ole Bill did for so many years

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
His best friend at TT didn't want him and neither did his alma matter. Poor Vulnerables.lol
He didn't even get a call: "Kansas State chose Klieman over Troy coach Neal Brown, whose candidacy gained momentum in recent days. Memphis coach Mike Norvell and Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, a former Kansas State assistant, also spoke with the school about its vacancy."

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
He didn't even get a call: "Kansas State chose Klieman over Troy coach Neal Brown, whose candidacy gained momentum in recent days. Memphis coach Mike Norvell and Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, a former Kansas State assistant, also spoke with the school about its vacancy."

Rumor is the North Texas coach withdrew his name because they wouldn't let him bring his whole staff. Read that they want to force Junior on the new coach as an assistant.

I suppose the guy is a good coach, as he basically took over the best program in 1AA and kept it in the road. We will see. KSU isn't the easiest of jobs. Making this a tough situation for him is that it appears Bill Snyder is still controlling things in making him keep some of the staff, including the son that Snyder hoped would succeed him one day. Guess the guy figured he might as well take whatever payday was available

He should of stayed put at Fargo. With him being in charge of KSU, he will eventually be expected to finish ahead Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in the Big 12. I do not think that is doable.

Going to be difficult but I’m not sold on Herman at Texas. Oklahoma State never has a defense and is back to 6-6. They are usually no better than a 8 win team historically.

I’ll admit beating Oklahoma regularly will be tough but there’s almost one of those in every conference...

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
I honestly think that the Big 12 is so offensive oriented that you would be crazy to hire a defensive minded coach.

ADVERTISEMENT