ADVERTISEMENT

Keir Thomas has entered the transfer portal

Its gonna be hard for coaches to recruit without knowing the number of players they need to bring in. I'm fine with allowing transfers I guess but this could really put teams in a rough spot late in the recruiting game on any given year. I could see a team losing two or three qb's in one year.

Reactions: rogue cock
Its gonna be hard for coaches to recruit without knowing the number of players they need to bring in. I'm fine with allowing transfers I guess but this could really put teams in a rough spot late in the recruiting game on any given year. I could see a team losing two or three qb's in one year.
waiting for the day when a majority portion of players dont like some team dynamics and all leave!

I’m sure some of our guys (some) may have other programs in their ear. Or at least have thoughts about going elsewhere. Meanwhile we still do not have a coordinator. Someone who can at least give them something to think about.
That cannot be helping the situation here.

Not a surprise. Will be his 6th year.

I hate to speculate but I think the following will transfer as well
Register
Campbell
Manos
Terrell
Fox ( maybe not)

Not a surprise. Will be his 6th year.

I hate to speculate but I think the following will transfer as well
Register
Campbell
Manos
Terrell
Fox ( maybe not)
How does this affect recruiting numbers from year to year? Teams have to be able to fill spots. This seems unmanageable.

We only can have 25 transfers/HS kids a year. In order for us to take 25 this year, we need some to leave.
I meant from year to year. If we're finding out in January next year that 8 kids are leaving, does that increase the number we can bring in? The timing of the transfers seems to be the problem to me. Its difficult to plan for recruiting with so much uncertainty.

I meant from year to year. If we're finding out in January next year that 8 kids are leaving, does that increase the number we can bring in? The timing of the transfers seems to be the problem to me. Its difficult to plan for recruiting with so much uncertainty.
It's 25 a year no matter what, timing doesn't matter and in a way could help. Say we have only 10 seniors and 5 guys leave early for the NFL, now we can sign 25 (HS/Transfer) but would be short 10 scholarships.

Bye...

I want players who want to stay and play for Carolina regardless who's the coach... For these players who are butt hurt over Muschamp's firing and transferring out... I have a question for you? If you really love your coach, then why did you quit on the field???

I asked that same question when all the players were bitching about Muschamp being fired. Then the argument ensued with Steve Spurrier’s players. I think one of them even brought up the current team should’ve played better if they cared about their coach that much.

I’m sure some of our guys (some) may have other programs in their ear. Or at least have thoughts about going elsewhere. Meanwhile we still do not have a coordinator. Someone who can at least give them something to think about.
That cannot be helping the situation here.

I bet you are right! Not having a new DC has affected players. Thomas had said he was staying but was probably depending on liking the next hire. Hate to lose him. Sure his best is still to come.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Bye...

I want players who want to stay and play for Carolina regardless who's the coach... For these players who are butt hurt over Muschamp's firing and transferring out... I have a question for you? If you really love your coach, then why did you quit on the field???

Your first sentence is delusional. I picked Carolina because of the accounting program. If something changed in that program that I thought was negative for my career goals, you better believe I would have transferred. Athletes are no different.

This is why I was confused why everyone was so excited about the transfer portal. It’s obviously going to hurt the weaker schools more than help them.

I haven’t said a single negative thing about CSB thus far. If not having a DC after this long is a factor in Kier leaving, then this delay is officially getting worrisome.

Last edited:
Hate to keep losing good players. Hope we can name a DC sooner, rather than later.

With all that is going on right now,I wouldn’t doubt that other coaches get someone to suggest they move on.

The transfer portal is changing the game. Does not matter if you are at the bottom, the middle or the top of college football, it is about to change everything. Trying to manage a roster is going to be crazy.

Reactions: Brace1
Are you that naive? The DC controls everything on the defense. As I said he has no coach. So has Rocker said we are running a 3-3-5 or a 4-3 or a 5-2, etc? Of course not lol
Are you that arrogant? You really believe because we have no DC, you know what Thomas was thinking?
Quit making sh_t up. You don't know and all you're doing is making things worse.

Reactions: BigTomE
Are you that arrogant? You really believe because we have no DC, you know what Thomas was thinking?
Quit making sh_t up. You don't know and all you're doing is making things worse.
Oh yeah I'm making it worse...lmao. I bet the players on here right now looking at what I'm saying lol

2 things.
If you think players don’t read these forums you’re wrong.
But also* your opinion doesn’t mean anything.
I know my opinion doesn't mean anything. You literally just proved the point I was making lol. None of our opinions matter lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT