ADVERTISEMENT

Keisaun Nixon is in the house

Agreed...Nixon is a big time talent...but we better shush...positive posts don't seem welcome

He was just a 3 star and stars are everything, never wrong, he must not be any good.

giphy.gif

Each day my optimism grows. If our DL can overachieve, it could be a special year.

True there are a lot of schools that never win championships with 4 and 5 star players alone. I don't know a team consisting of just 4 and 5 star players they all have the blue collar guys too.

I would love to have more 4-5 stars, hopefully we get more in this class, but i do like some of the 3 stars we are bringing in based on tape, not all, i hope they "hit", we need them to.

At the same time the quotes by Kevin Steele in the Alabama paper today, again make me feel good about Muschamp and his ability to out evaluate the recruiting services.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/kevin_steele_credits_will_musc.html

"Let's don't sit up here and paint a picture that's not real," Steele said Tuesday after Auburn's second practice of fall camp. "Let's tell it like it is.... Make no mistake about it, I think Will did an outstanding job of setting the table. I thought he did an outstanding job of recruiting. He's an outstanding defensive football coach, very, very smart and a very good football coach."

Steele credited Muschamp for two things that helped pave the way for that improvement, one of which was Muschamp's recruiting prowess. The former Auburn defensive coordinator helped bring the likes of Carlton Davis, Javaris Davis, Jeremiah Dinson and Byron Cowart to Auburn as part of the team's 2015 signing class, while also having a hand in recruiting 2016 signees Marlon Davidson, John Broussard and Paul James III, among others.

Last edited:
Reactions: cocky4 and NooNoo
Nixon on the field was a MUST. He brings cover skills but answag for the role unlike anyone since DJ Swearinger. Playing DB is a lot abt ego and aggression

I would love to have more 4-5 stars, hopefully we get more in this class, but i do like some of the 3 stars we are bringing in based on tape, not all, i hope they "hit", we need them to.

At the same time the quotes by Kevin Steele in the Alabama paper today, again make me feel good about Muschamp and his ability to out evaluate the recruiting services.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/kevin_steele_credits_will_musc.html

"Let's don't sit up here and paint a picture that's not real," Steele said Tuesday after Auburn's second practice of fall camp. "Let's tell it like it is.... Make no mistake about it, I think Will did an outstanding job of setting the table. I thought he did an outstanding job of recruiting. He's an outstanding defensive football coach, very, very smart and a very good football coach."

Steele credited Muschamp for two things that helped pave the way for that improvement, one of which was Muschamp's recruiting prowess. The former Auburn defensive coordinator helped bring the likes of Carlton Davis, Javaris Davis, Jeremiah Dinson and Byron Cowart to Auburn as part of the team's 2015 signing class, while also having a hand in recruiting 2016 signees Marlon Davidson, John Broussard and Paul James III, among others.

Nice find....lets us Gamecocks worry about being good for the time being.....when we can say we are good then let us worry about winning championships. I don't know if people realize how bad we became under Spurrier...and if they do...do they realize how rebuilding takes more than a day or two?

We Gamecock fans have a lot to be pissed about but knowing who to be pissed at and when to be pissed and when not to be is the issue we have. I do not remember a whole lot of calling out Spurrier when he was obviously taking us down. Where was all the gnashing of teeth when Spurrier was dropping his pants and taking a dump on the block C in WB? When he was obviously not taking the job seriously anymore and was willing to bet the future of the program in order to give son the opportunity to run a major college program? Where was the outrage when people were promoted to jobs they were not capable of pronouncing the titles of?

A big part of fixing problems is knowing where you are in life and knowing the steps that must be made to get to where you want to be. We are in the process if taking those steps. The time for your skepticism and when it would have been of use...was when the program was being run into the ground by that jackass we just rid ourselves of....not the guy we have now doing everything he can to fix it because unlike Spurrier he actually wants to win and prove himself.

Or be a part of the herd mentality that reacts late to the problems of yesterday by doing today what should have been done then....

This kid is fast and tough....he will make plays somewhere...I like his ability to return punts..I bet dollars to doughnuts he sees time there if nowhere else. Getting a kid with his ability is just a step...just a step..recognize that and save your criticism for why we recruited multiple player like Al Harris....or a quarterback that could not throw....or..or ..or...that was the time for it but I don't remember many of the "real" fans being around hollaring then.

True there are a lot of schools that never win championships with 4 and 5 star players alone. I don't know a team consisting of just 4 and 5 star players they all have the blue collar guys too.

True and they all have mostly 4 star and some 5 star guys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT