ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State Kicker coming....

cockofdawn

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2009
Crosswinds South Carolina
We got a graduate transfer Kicker coming.. WOW.. Why not a 6-5 295 Defensive end?? Welcome him though, A really good kicker, SC could have at least one more win..

We got a graduate transfer Kicker coming.. WOW.. Why not a 6-5 295 Defensive end?? Welcome him though, A really good kicker, SC could have at least one more win..
We have a good one already on the team. Sticking him out there for 40+ yard field goals as a freshmen was a coaching mistake. He will be fine.

Reactions: rogue cock
We have a good one already on the team. Sticking him out there for 40+ yard field goals as a freshmen was a coaching mistake. He will be fine.

Who would you put out there to make a 40+ FG,... let's see the best kicker muschamp believes can make them based on practice , they aren't going for the 1st down every time on fourth down or punting every time they get to the 25 yard line

Kent State went 2-10, i don't want a bunch of players from them, but a kicker is ok

Who would you put out there to make a 40+ FG,... let's see the best kicker muschamp believes can make them based on practice , they aren't going for the 1st down every time on fourth down or punting every time they get to the 25 yard line
This guy was only 1 of 4 from 40+ in 2017 and was 4 of 6 from 30-39 yards. Not much better

Most of those 40+ field goals were early in the season and we were 4th and 1 or 2. Yes, I think they should have gone for them or punter if it were 4 and 2+ yards,. especially after he missed the first one or two. You just don't keep throwing a green kicker out there when he obviously lost his confidence. At the end of the year, I would have thrown him out there on a 40+ in a heartbeat if it were 4 and 2+.

Kent State is where I went to school. I hope he does great things here but he likely won't see the field. Kent State is bringing in a young kicker that is the son of a NFL'er. They expect him to kick next season. Likely part of the reason he is transferring.

That's OK. My point was why are people making excuses for this guy not being able to do what he was brought in here to do? I'm a little sick of it.

Gotcha. Widcha! I tried to clean that smartarse comment up a little anyway - my conscience got to me!!

I'm guessing they have had as many pre-bowl players as us (or very close) in the last 10 years. I can name at least 3 from Kent State.
I'm guessing the relative level of their actual players has nothing at all to do with a FG kicker. And since we only got their FG kicker and not one of their actual players then....

This makes no sense if his stats do not suggest he is a great kicker. Maybe he is coming to play a different position. Why would we waste a slot in the team for a guy who won’t kick or play. I’d love to hear CWM’s explanation.

This makes no sense if his stats do not suggest he is a great kicker. Maybe he is coming to play a different position. Why would we waste a slot in the team for a guy who won’t kick or play. I’d love to hear CWM’s explanation.
Depth at kicker. We gon score so many TDs next season, kickers be wearing their legs out on those xps!
:D:D

Reactions: viennacocks
Well he could get better. The graduate transfer is a senior. ouch better is he going to do? How about get us a graduate transfer QB. we need some depth there.

I guarantee you have never played a sport beyond high school. I have been there. Freshmen pressure is not easy, particularly with 80k watching.
Maybe but playing a guy who misses continuously over 40 yards on the college level could end up costing games and being a liability. Watching White predictably miss long field goals got really old really quick. We didn't get another kicker to ride the bench. Hopefully some competition helps improves our kicking game and accuracy.

Maybe but playing a guy who misses continuously over 40 yards on the college level could end up costing games and being a liability. Watching White predictably miss long field goals got really old really quick. We didn't get another kicker to ride the bench. Hopefully some competition helps improves our kicking game and accuracy.
Has anyone looked at this kid's stats? He is a Senior and is NO better from over 40 yards than what we currently have and is worse from under 40.

I agree with you. You don't continually put him in that situation. I may be wrong but I think he'll be fine outside of 40 next year (once he regains his confidence).

Reactions: sclawman77
ADVERTISEMENT