ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fan here.

I was thinking back over our games with Kentucky and the current win streak (plus the Gamecocks previous win streaks). These are usually very close games. There have been a few blowouts, but not many. It usually comes down to a few plays on one or two drives that make the difference. Here’s hoping we turn the tables this year!

I was thinking back over our games with Kentucky and the current win streak (plus the Gamecocks previous win streaks). These are usually very close games. There have been a few blowouts, but not many. It usually comes down to a few plays on one or two drives that make the difference. Here’s hoping we turn the tables this year!

South Carolina is 17-11-1 against Kentucky
Average score: South Carolina 25.6 - Kentucky 20.2

Man, it's good to be a Cats fan!

I'm watching Ky football evolve into a team that is genuinely capable of beating anyone on any given day. Stoops and staff have come through in spades for the Big Blue. It's genuinely appreciated by the BBN.

No doubt in my mind that this Saturday the Cats will be one game closer to granting me one of my greatest football wishes; (eleven straight football wins over the cocks.)

Much respect to you guys, but I'm hoping to see KY putting a good ol proper ass-whooping on you this year.

Be safe cocks and have a great time if coming up to Lexington this Saturday for the game. I expect it to be a great one for one of us. ;)

Oddsmaker come out withh s. car. as 2 pt favorite ? They just gave UK another chip on their shoulders. UK will do a serious beatdown on s. car. thanks to vegas.

Oddsmaker come out withh s. car. as 2 pt favorite ? They just gave UK another chip on their shoulders. UK will do a serious beatdown on s. car. thanks to vegas.
ku has been impressive

you come back now

ya hear?

Yea because we broke his leg. Damn, some people are dumb.
If Snell breaks his leg Saturday, how is the rest your season going to look? Breaking Deebo's leg was a major loss last year as our run blocking was horrid mid-season. Teams simply double teamed Edwards while Shi and OrTre got up to speed. All four WRs are seasoned threats this year.

Reactions: vehemon
If Snell breaks his leg Saturday, how is the rest your season going to look? Breaking Deebo's leg was a major loss last year as our run blocking was horrid mid-season. Teams simply double teamed Edwards while Shi and OrTre got up to speed. All four WRs are seasoned threats this year.
Don't try to rationalize. They are still high on their win against MSU.

Yea but you implied WE as in the team broke his leg. He broke it in the Kentucky game but it was a freak injury. He is a hell of a football player though was a very tough loss for you guys.

Yea but you implied WE as in the team broke his leg. He broke it in the Kentucky game but it was a freak injury. He is a hell of a football player though was a very tough loss for you guys.
And they imply his injury is why we won the game...

We were up 17-6 at that point...there was 2:00 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Even with him...you guys were struggling to score. Outside of his early play where he broke through our defense...we were pretty much shutting down everything you guys had through 3 quarters.

We were up 17-6 at that point...there was 2:00 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Even with him...you guys were struggling to score. Outside of his early play where he broke through our defense...we were pretty much shutting down everything you guys had through 3 quarters.
304 yards passing is shutting a team down? I guess you were shutting our kickers down with jokes with 3 missed field goals and a missed extra point.

Kentucky won because our red zone scoring completely sucked that night. We had absolutely no OL and had to rely on passing. Kentucky has South Carolina's old problem. They can play up to their competition.

Kentucky barely squeaked by Southern Miss, Eastern KY, Eastern Michigan, Missouri, Tennessee that year.

Pride comes before the fall and South Carolina is shaping up to repay the favor Kentucky gave us in 2010.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
The thing I'm noticing is that Kentucky players are getting a lot of press time. They're joking around and having a great time. Bennie Snell was taking selfies with 3 minutes left on the clock. I have no idea if they will be ready or not come Saturday. We'll see.

Last edited:
The thing I'm noticing is that Kentucky players are getting a lot of press time. They're joking around and having a great time. Bennie Snell was taking selfies with 3 minutes left on the clock. I have no idea if they will be ready or not some Saturday. We'll see.

Yeah, success brings the media.... and media dulls focus if allowed. Stoops should be watching for those signs this week during practice and game prep

However, I think our SID set all the interviews up on Sunday to get the obvious press interest out of the way on Monday to then not let any more happen this week, so that they can get refocused

Reactions: USMCatFan
Oh god, they beat a very Average Miss St team at home and a Florida team that will turn out to be a joke.
Don’t judge us on past history or the Georgia game this year. KY will soon find out what UGA is all about.

I see the Cocks winning a fairly close game but pull away late. 31-17

Kentucky football wins against South Carolina are historical, South Carolina football wins against Ky are expected.

UK has owned SC in the win column in the 1990s and this decade. USC put a 10-0 whooping on UK in the 2000s decade. Expectations vs “historical” results are skewed.....but whatever...

Whatever helps you sleep...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT