ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky next week @ home -

usc5930

Jan 23, 2019
is HUGE game for SC, I say minimize injuries & put more energy into that game starting now -

Honestly, you're right. KY will tell us much more about Beamer and our future than anything from the UGA game.

Reactions: usc5930
Every SEC game is big. Every SEC East game is massive. Georgia and Clemson are on another tier. You don’t capitulate against Georgia to rest for Kentucky, no matter the circumstances. These are the games you come to South Carolina to play in. You go into Athens and you put on a show.

I don’t believe we get to six if we don’t beat Ky. If we do,………..I believe we get to eight!!
I just want to beat Alabama in the playoffs (after we beat them in the SEC Tournament) Ha

We need a lot of luck plus improvement and all kinds of other stuff…

Imagine how big UK would be if we beat Georgia. Don’t get to play KY this week. There are upsets every week.

Every SEC game is big. Every SEC East game is massive. Georgia and Clemson are on another tier. You don’t capitulate against Georgia to rest for Kentucky, no matter the circumstances. These are the games you come to South Carolina to play in. You go into Athens and you put on a show.
The only thing I can figure is that the posters that (I assume) actually think this way are from the "soccer" generation or timeline; when youngsters stopped playing football and in many cases baseball and started playing soccer instead. Worst thing that ever happened to American sports imo. I would waste the energy to try to explain why football players and teams don't think that way (didn't use to anyway; geez who knows now) but I'd just get sniggled at.

Imagine how big UK would be if we beat Georgia. Don’t get to play KY this week. There are upsets every week.
I thoroughly expect us to botch a game after a big win like we have done previously. However, it might be different with the new coaches. I’ll take wins however done.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Of course every league game is important, duh. Does it need to be said? Equally obvious, however, is that some games are somewhat more winnable than others and present more likely opportunities to add a W to our record.

Reactions: king ward
The only thing I can figure is that the posters that (I assume) actually think this way are from the "soccer" generation or timeline; when youngsters stopped playing football and in many cases baseball and started playing soccer instead. Worst thing that ever happened to American sports imo. I would waste the energy to try to explain why football players and teams don't think that way (didn't use to anyway; geez who knows now) but I'd just get sniggled at.

You mean the soccer generation understands it’s better to lose to UGA and beat Kentucky than it is to lose to UGA and lose to Kentucky?

That’s too much thinking for your generation?

You mean the soccer generation understands it’s better to lose to UGA and beat Kentucky than it is to lose to UGA and lose to Kentucky?

Of course every league game is important, duh. Does it need to be said? Equally obvious, however, is that some games are somewhat more winnable than others and present more likely opportunities to add a W to our record.
Lol well that was predictable.

Exhibits A and B.

Reactions: myrtlecock
And when you don't get that W you are officially in the crapper. We've all seen it too many times.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
I thoroughly expect us to botch a game after a big win like we have done previously. However, it might be different with the new coaches. I’ll take wins however done.
I do remember us botching a game at Kentucky when we were very highly ranked.

To be fair losing to Georgia does not in any way guarantee a win against Kentucky.

Week after beating #1bama in 2010
Yeah my biggest memory from that game is Spurrier going over to Lattimore after his injury while the lead was melting away hoping he could give it a go. Spurrier could sense it getting away. I know it drove him crazy losing to a Kentucky team he handled with ease most years.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Yeah my biggest memory from that game is Spurrier going over to Lattimore after his injury while the lead was melting away hoping he could give it a go. Spurrier could sense it getting away. I know it drove him crazy losing to a Kentucky team he handled with ease most years.
Led 28-10 at the half; lost 31-28.

We had them 4th and 20+ with one minute left in the game, and left Randall Cobb, the only player they had, uncovered for the go ahead touchdown AND the two point conversion.

Spurrier then mis-managed the clock badly, and subsequently threw Garcia, who had thrown for almost 400 yards, under the bus after the game.

Not our finest hour.

We had them 4th and 20+ with one minute left in the game, and left Randall Cobb, the only player they had, uncovered for the go ahead touchdown AND the two point conversion.

Spurrier then mis-managed the clock badly, and subsequently threw Garcia, who had thrown for almost 400 yards, under the bus after the game.

Not our finest hour.
Much worse than actually beating ECU wasn't it?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Not our finest hour.
Yeah only a Whammy defense could be in a spot where no one was within 40 yards of their most talented player. Especially when that defense had NFL talent literally everywhere.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT