ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Steele to UT

Intrigue. The investigation must be getting ready to culminate, and if I was Pruitt, I would be really careful with Steele.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
If they make a move against Pruitt, they need an interim coach. Steele more than fits that bill. Also a solid DC for either Pruitt, or the next head coach. And a bonus if he brings Garner for recruiting.

I thought they had a freeze on hiring and such. Something doesnt seem right up there.

I just heard on Finebaum that Steele was hired as a Defensive Assistant. Finebaum went on to say he doesn't know anything else at this time.

But I believe it means Pruitt is out in the next few days and Kevin Steele is the next head coach at UT.

If they make a move against Pruitt, they need an interim coach. Steele more than fits that bill. Also a solid DC for either Pruitt, or the next head coach. And a bonus if he brings Garner for recruiting.

I think Steele will be the next HC at UT.

I just heard on Finebaum that Steele was hired as a Defensive Assistant. Finebaum went on to say he doesn't know anything else at this time.

But I believe it means Pruitt is out in the next few days and Kevin Steele is the next head coach at UT.
Yeah, Steele is not a "defensive assistant". He's a coordinator at the very least. The university has retained a lawyer to deal with the situation. I expect Pruitt to be fired with cause sooner or later.

Steele can't be the next HC of UT....I thought it was a given Chadwell was going there and we'd regret not hiring him?!

I am not sure Steele would be Pruitt's replacement, but he is a UT guy, so you never know. But Steele could be slotted in to serve the interim role. Most in the Vol Nation want Hugh Freeze, but if they fire Pruitt for violations would be a hard PR spin to turn around and hire Freeze. Chadwell would be excellent if he were the choice. Really good coach.

I am not sure Steele would be Pruitt's replacement, but he is a UT guy, so you never know. But Steele could be slotted in to serve the interim role. Most in the Vol Nation want Hugh Freeze, but if they fire Pruitt for violations would be a hard PR spin to turn around and hire Freeze. Chadwell would be excellent if he were the choice. Really good coach.

Well, Steele wants the UT job badly. He was in the running, per Paul Finebaum, when Jones was hired and was in the running when Pruitt was hired. So to mitigate the firing of Pruitt as much as possible, I think UT brings in Steele to hire him the minute they terminate Pruitt. JMO!

If you are Chadwell looking at Tennessee, you have to run the other way. I get that he is from Tennessee, but Tennessee's football program makes Auburn look incredibly functional. The last 15 years Tennessee has been a multi-level dumpster fire. I realize Chadwell's stock has never been higher, but going into Tennessee now might be career suicide.

Steele can't be the next HC of UT....I thought it was a given Chadwell was going there and we'd regret not hiring him?!

Odd about Chadwell. We didn't seriously consider him. His name never really came up in regards to Vandy or Auburn, and he doesn't seem to be a factor for the Tennessee job. If he's the next Bear Bryant, we certainly aren't the only ones who failed to see it.

Odd about Chadwell. We didn't seriously consider him. His name never really came up in regards to Vandy or Auburn, and he doesn't seem to be a factor for the Tennessee job. If he's the next Bear Bryant, we certainly aren't the only ones who failed to see it.
I don't know how many real up and coming head coaches want to start off on probation.

If Steele has his way he will bring Johnny "Chief" Chavis to UT and make that 'Dream Come True" of coaching together with his High School (Dillon,SC) Team-mate and great friend.

Reactions: rogue cock
Is this moving to make Pruitt leave so they don't have to pay him a buy out? Did Pruitt had a say in this hire?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT