ADVERTISEMENT

Kicking field goal was HORRIBLE decision.

As I said, it's the difference in mentality of winners and losers. I don't know how much more plain I can make this. We needed 1 play to WIN the game. To put an undeniable dagger in them.......and we passed on that opportunity. In retrospect, most people aren't winners and I shouldn't have posted the OP. We backed into that win instead of TAKING IT.

Again, loser mentality will never understand this. My apologies. I'm right, and I will not argue about it anymore. You can't be 'more right.' 2+2=4. We needed 1 play for the win. Didn't take it. Damn near let them win. Same ol' gamecock football. Play not to lose.

Saban, Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, Stoops, Swinney, Peterson and Shaw all kick that field goal. They don't have loser mentalities.

Reactions: rogue cock
You play to win the game. Right? You need 6 yrds for a first down, INSIDE THE OPPONENTS 20 yrd line, and they have no time outs.

Kicking a field goal makes zero sense. It's risky. Making the field goal also gives them the ball back with a chance to run the kickoff all the way back.

1st down WINS THE GAME. Instead, we give them hope, and they nearly stole this game. Horrible decision. Just awful.
We did play to win. We forced them to do something in the last 60 seconds that they couldn't do for the first 3,540 seconds.....get past the goal line.

Reactions: rogue cock
Well well well, Anybody watching the Arizona St / Washington game. Arizona St is winning. It was 4th and 3 at basically mid field and what did they do?? They went for it and got it because they knew a FIRST DOWN WINS THE GAME. Schooled. Game, set, match. Just sayin'

Well well well, Anybody watching the Arizona St / Washington game. Arizona St is winning. It was 4th and 3 at basically mid field and what did they do?? They went for it and got it because they knew a FIRST DOWN WINS THE GAME. Schooled. Game, set, match. Just sayin'
Yes I did and ASUs defense was completely gassed. Washington had just run through them like a hot knife through butter and easily scored a TD.

Totally different circumstances.

ConCrete,
I understand what you're saying and don't really know why people lose their minds over another viewpoint. If we had lost due to a UcheaT TD, I suspect some would be saying, we should've gone for the TD.
If ConKretebetweentheearsCock had simply suggested that going for the first down was preferable, he wouldn't have gotten much of a reaction. There are risks and rewards to every decision, and reasonable people can disagree. But, he wasn't being reasonable. Instead, he said not doing so was HORRIBLE, that only LOSER MENTALITY explains a decision to kick a field goal. Aside from the fact that LSU made the same decision to kick a field goal instead of try to run outage clock with a first down late in its game to beat Auburn, and the fact that many coaches have made identical decisions successfully, he acts as if only an idiot would kick a field goal in that situation. That makes him the mayor of Moronville in my book.

I agree with the op. I would've went for it. If you don't get it they have to drive the length of the field just to attempt a fg.

You don't drive the length of the field to attempt a FG. You only have to gain about 45 yards and keep it on your kickers favorite hash.

You're the only person in thus thread that thinks you're correct, so that should tell you something. Take the points and win the game, which is exactly what we did. Why argue the hypotheticals unnecessarily?
Playing for the clock to run out with the lead is playing not to lose. We didn't play to win at the end, we played not to lose.

Reactions: ConKreteCock
You play to win the game. Right? You need 6 yrds for a first down, INSIDE THE OPPONENTS 20 yrd line, and they have no time outs.

Kicking a field goal makes zero sense. It's risky. Making the field goal also gives them the ball back with a chance to run the kickoff all the way back.

1st down WINS THE GAME. Instead, we give them hope, and they nearly stole this game. Horrible decision. Just awful.
I see you are getting panned by most responders. There was a lot that could have gone wrong, especially had the attempt been blocked, and especially had it been returned. But by calling decision "awful" and horrible" when we went on to win the game, you are setting yourself up to be unmercifully lampooned. I don't understand your love for punishment, unless you're some kind of masochist.

I agree with some of the post. We could have dialed up a better 2nd and 3rd down play to try and reach the first down then took a knee. After that- if you don't make the first- kick the FG. We we're playing for the field goal the whole drive. We need to finish off teams without the dramatics. But a win is a win and I will take it however it comes. But still.....I agree on ending the game on offense. But 4th and 6? Kick!

I agree with some of the post. We could have dialed up a better 2nd and 3rd down play to try and reach the first down then took a knee. After that- if you don't make the first- kick the FG. We we're playing for the field goal the whole drive. We need to finish off teams without the dramatics. But a win is a win and I will take it however it comes. But still.....I agree on ending the game on offense. But 4th and 6? Kick!
When we ran the ball on third and six, you knew the decision had already been made. But I would have loved to get that first down and then enjoy watching the life just ooze out of those people up there. But all's well, as they say.

Reactions: Cock_Donor

Good-Grief.gif

I just read that WM has been the underdog in 14 of 20 games, which would mean in average he should be 6-14 as HC. But he’s what? 11-9?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT