ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoff rule change, everything is a touchback inside the 25

If they pass this, punts will be next. We are headed toward no punt returns.

If they pass this, punts will be next. We are headed toward no punt returns.
Sounds more like rugby rules, punting is only used as a way to put the ball on the other side of the field. Speaking of rugby, someone on a morning radio show in Norcal brought up an interesting point... maybe there would be *less* concussive injuries if players weren't covered from head to toe with protection. Maybe they'd be less inclined to throw their bodies like runaway vehicles into other players if they knew they'd f themselves up doing so. No hitting in rugby, just arm tackling, and no pads.

Football in the future will be 7 on 7 and you can bank on that. Mammas don’t want their babies to grow up with brain damage.

If mamas get their way, I bet that will be the future of football. Plus, many parents today are not allowing their sons to play football.

You guys are a little dramatic. This will ha e almost no impact on kickoff rseturns.

This is just the beginning of the end.

Soccer moms and weak ass dads want the sport banned. Some states are looking to ban tackle football until the high school age. Wake up.

So NCAA is going to vote on a rule change to count a fair catch inside the 25 yard line on kickoffs as a touchback. Why even have kickoffs, it's an automatic 25 yard line unless you have a return guy who cant fair catch a kickoff. Special teams strategy on kickoffs almost out the window.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...lege-football-change-kickoff-rule-recommended
“They” won’t come at football head on. There is a process of changing the game piece by piece slowly so The end result is unrecognizable. Who do you think runs the NCAA? Former players? Probably more like people who would not be caught dead watching the game. Lawyers, they can suck the life out of anything. I am painting with a broad stroke but we know that the NCAA is the only game in town.

You guys are a little dramatic. This will ha e almost no impact on kickoff returns.
I agree. All this complaining is over nothing. It is not an issue. Nobody EVER fair catches a kickoff to begin with. It's either a touchback in the end zone or a run back attempt. The only time a fair catch even comes into play is at the end of a game when a team is trying to pooch kick an onsides kick and the receiving team calls for a fair catch at mid field.

I agree. All this complaining is over nothing. It is not an issue. Nobody EVER fair catches a kickoff to begin with. It's either a touchback in the end zone or a run back attempt. The only time a fair catch even comes into play is at the end of a game when a team is trying to pooch kick an onsides kick and the receiving team calls for a fair catch at mid field.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT