ADVERTISEMENT

Kiffin is Ole Miss Coach

Wow! We`re in better shape than some programs, it appears. Short memories they should ask the Viles.

I don't have any problem with him getting the opportunity. Why shouldn't he? I don't think he can do much more than to perhaps get them respectable. I can't see him getting them to Atlanta. Ole Miss is a proud school and they have won a national championship, but their horizons are now limited.

I don't have any problem with him getting the opportunity. Why shouldn't he? I don't think he can do much more than to perhaps get them respectable. I can't see him getting them to Atlanta. Ole Miss is a proud school and they have won a national championship, but their horizons are now limited.
They have to play Bama, LSU and Auburn every single season. As long as those three programs are what they are today- Ole Miss will never sniff the top 25 for more than a week or two at a time regardless of how good they get. They cheated as blatantly and obnoxiously as it is possible under their previous coach, bought every dirtbag talent they could afford, and still never made Atlanta. With the kind of scrutiny they are under now and the INCREASED scrutiny the NCAA will put them under after they hire a guy renowned for being a lying cheat... There is no way they would be stupid enough to try to go that hard again... and as I said a minute ago, even when they did they were still the 3rd/4th best team in the West.

I repeat- Lane will fail miserably there, but it will make for good TV. I assume the free press is what they hired him for.

They have to play Bama, LSU and Auburn every single season. As long as those three programs are what they are today- Ole Miss will never sniff the top 25 for more than a week or two at a time regardless of how good they get. They cheated as blatantly and obnoxiously as it is possible under their previous coach, bought every dirtbag talent they could afford, and still never made Atlanta. With the kind of scrutiny they are under now and the INCREASED scrutiny the NCAA will put them under after they hire a guy renowned for being a lying cheat... There is no way they would be stupid enough to try to go that hard again... and as I said a minute ago, even when they did they were still the 3rd/4th best team in the West.

I repeat- Lane will fail miserably there, but it will make for good TV. I assume the free press is what they hired him for.
They can get to 7-5. That shouldn't earn anyone a bowl, but it does.

Yeah giving Muschamp another extension thru 2030 excites the hell outta me
If this is some attempt to bait me as though I am a Muschamp apologist... You are completely clueless... BUT, I will give people this tasty morsel to chew on- I hated the Muschamp hire from day one! Hated it!! Tried to give him a chance as a fan.. we all knew he would be here for years... He has done some good things... but like most of us I feel he has shown himself to be incapable of really moving us forward and would prefer to see a change at HC.

WITH THAT SAID- I would 1,000%, all day every day and twice on Sunday rather have MUSCHAMP than KIFFEN. 1,000%, for sure, not even a doubt, don’t care if he went 0-12 next year. If we went winless and Ray called a presser to say “ok, we are thinking of firing Will but LANE KIFFEN is the only coach willing to come work here”. I’d rather they keep Muschamp even then, or disband the program before hiring a rotting, cheating, lying, scumbag POS like Lane Kiffen. There is no single
Person in CFB who embodies everything I hate more than him. He is a whining obnoxious child who only ever got a foot into coaching because his Daddy helped him, he has screwed over every team he has coached for in one way or another- by lying, cheating, breaking contracts after one year to blow out for what he felt was a better gig, or just flat running the team into the ground! (Or a combination of multiple things from that list)... Add to the slimy track record the comments he makes in the media, to recruits and online... yeah F THAT GUY. I could find a way to support just about any coach except him.

If this is some attempt to bait me as though I am a Muschamp apologist... You are completely clueless... BUT, I will give people this tasty morsel to chew on- I hated the Muschamp hire from day one! Hated it!! Tried to give him a chance as a fan.. we all knew he would be here for years... He has done some good things... but like most of us I feel he has shown himself to be incapable of really moving us forward and would prefer to see a change at HC.

WITH THAT SAID- I would 1,000%, all day every day and twice on Sunday rather have MUSCHAMP than KIFFEN. 1,000%, for sure, not even a doubt, don’t care if he went 0-12 next year. If we went winless and Ray called a presser to say “ok, we are thinking of firing Will but LANE KIFFEN is the only coach willing to come work here”. I’d rather they keep Muschamp even then, or disband the program before hiring a rotting, cheating, lying, scumbag POS like Lane Kiffen. There is no single
Person in CFB who embodies everything I hate more than him. He is a whining obnoxious child who only ever got a foot into coaching because his Daddy helped him, he has screwed over every team he has coached for in one way or another- by lying, cheating, breaking contracts after one year to blow out for what he felt was a better gig, or just flat running the team into the ground! (Or a combination of multiple things from that list)... Add to the slimy track record the comments he makes in the media, to recruits and online... yeah F THAT GUY. I could find a way to support just about any coach except him.
Bait you? I don't keep up with your posts that much honestly . My point was you're adamant that you don't want Kiffin here but our current coach is as worthless if not more.

They are a trashy program willing to do anything to get attention, this is a perfect fit. He will fail miserably but it will be interesting to watch..
Say what you want but kiffin is ten times the coach muschump is and unlike chump ...he’s won everywhere he’s been.we will continue to be just a mediocre dumpster fire while he makes ole miss very competitive again

A SC fan talking down about another school ...hilarious

Whatever , Lane will have them in the top 20 in two years . I would love to have him here . He recruits , score points , talks trash and sleeps with hot girls ... what am I missing ?!! I would take Lane in a drunken stupor over the clown we have now
It's hilarious when people say he can't Coach. He's won at every program he's been at. Had a winning record at USC while they were under probation losing 30 Scholarships and a two year bowl ban. The only Coach at FAU to have a winning record. And he won a Conference Championship at FAU might be two if they win today. He talked shit about Spurrier and backed it up while at Tennessee with a victory. His only recruiting class at Tennessee was ranked #8 in the Country. Ole Miss definitely made a good choice.

Last edited:

Tell us how ya really feel.

Everybody hated Spurrier, until he was your coach. Much the same with Kiffen. Good pickup by Ole Miss. Is he a but arrogant? Sure. Dont know many real good coaches at any level that aren't. Excellent coach nonetheless. The man has cred with the kids. Will be able to recruit, which is paramount at a place like Ole Miss.

Would have been fun to have him here and playing Tennessee every year, defiantly would have heated up the rivalry. I would take him over Chump any day of the week. Like him or hate him he can coach. As a previous poster stated everyone hated Spurrier before he came here. I actually still don’t like Spurrier.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
Everybody hated Spurrier, until he was your coach. Much the same with Kiffen. Good pickup by Ole Miss. Is he a but arrogant? Sure. Dont know many real good coaches at any level that aren't. Excellent coach nonetheless. The man has cred with the kids. Will be able to recruit, which is paramount at a place like Ole Miss.
for different reasons though. People hated Spurrier because they couldn't beat him and he won in a bragadocious way. People dislike Lane because of the shit he's done and said. You know what he and Muschamp have in common though? They both only won 4 games in their fourth season at opposite USC schools. Like Muschamp, he had some success early on but fizzled out. He was subsequently run out of Southern Cal. Maybe he's learned his lesson but isn't that the same thing people were saying about Muschamp?

Reactions: Cockish
for different reasons though. People hated Spurrier because they couldn't beat him and he won in a bragadocious way. People dislike Lane because of the shit he's done and said. You know what he and Muschamp have in common though? They both only won 4 games in their fourth season at opposite USC schools. Like Muschamp, he had some success early on but fizzled out. He was subsequently run out of Southern Cal. Maybe he's learned his lesson but isn't that the same thing people were saying about Muschamp?
Looks like one learned and one still sucks. I will let you guess which.

Reactions: ddw1263
They are a trashy program willing to do anything to get attention, this is a perfect fit. He will fail miserably but it will be interesting to watch..
I disagree.... Just because someone is a douchebag.... Don't make him a bad coach.... He will do fine there.. and he has the drive to beat Saban like no other.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
Like Muschamp, he had some success early on but fizzled out. He was subsequently run out of Southern Cal. Maybe he's learned his lesson but isn't that the same thing people were saying about Muschamp?
Yup....I remember that. We'll see if the pattern repeats....Ole Miss is now on the clock...

I hated Spurrier because he kicked our ass every year. I hate Kiffin because he's a walking penis....

ADVERTISEMENT