ADVERTISEMENT

Kiffin is Ole Miss Coach

I think Lane will do a great job at Ole Miss. I know we hate him for his comments. I think he is older and a little more mature. Think about it. If he wins today he will have 2 conference championships in 3 years at a place that never had a conference championship or consistent winning. He has done it with multiple QB's.

why?...were they drunk?

No. They want to win.

I know I'm in left field on this one, but I would like to have Kiffin here.

100% with you on this.

Whatever , Lane will have them in the top 20 in two years . I would love to have him here . He recruits , score points , talks trash and sleeps with hot girls ... what am I missing ?!! I would take Lane in a drunken stupor over the clown we have now

Ditto.

I disagree.... Just because someone is a douchebag.... Don't make him a bad coach.... He will do fine there.. and he has the drive to beat Saban like no other.
I disagree... Just because someone is a douchebag... “Don’t make him” a GOOD coach... He will do fine there (6-6/7-5 ish), but Saban has never lost to a former assistant and I doubt Lane changes that any time soon.

He’s won everywhere he’s been ...unlike the loser we have...good hire
Not true, he failed miserably at Oakland and was fired from USC... he barely had a winning season in his one year at UT... he has won at FAU. That is nothing like rebuilding an SEC program in the same division as Auburn, Bama and LSU...

Reactions: MtPleasantTater
Everybody hated Spurrier, until he was your coach. Much the same with Kiffen. Good pickup by Ole Miss. Is he a but arrogant? Sure. Dont know many real good coaches at any level that aren't. Excellent coach nonetheless. The man has cred with the kids. Will be able to recruit, which is paramount at a place like Ole Miss.

comparing a former NC and multiple time SEC Championship winning offensive mastermind like SOS to Lane Kiffen is not even comparable. People HATE Lane because he lies and cheats and on too of that has had only at best mixed results as a HC. Spurrier was not well liked by his opponents because he WON and he rubbed it in... He was not a known cheater, he was respected and whether you liked him or not most found his sarcasm to be at least somewhat entertaining and fun not impish and ignorant the way Lane comes off. I see virtually no comparison between the two.

Again though, I will end my participation on this thread like I did the other Kiffen threads by simply stating- it does not matter at all whether any of us do or do not want him here, he will NEVER COACH AT USC. We do not hire proven blatant cheaters. Your opinion on whether we should or not is your own but baring a huge shift in thought by our athletic department, we would never even consider hiring a dirtbag guaranteed black eye for your program like Kiffen!

Reactions: taiwancock
So, are you changing your avatar? ;);)

Here's one you might consider:

hqdefault.jpg

:D:D

(All in good fun...)

Not true, he failed miserably at Oakland and was fired from USC... he barely had a winning season in his one year at UT... he has won at FAU. That is nothing like rebuilding an SEC program in the same division as Auburn, Bama and LSU...

Very valid points but consider ... he was the youngest coach in the history of the NFL and the Raiders were a dumpster fire . Who has won consistently in Oakland the last 20 years ?? Tenn was in shambles and he turned that program around immediately. He came within a blocked field goal of beating Bama and they whipped us . Ok USC was a great situation on the outside looking in but Carroll left a mess when he left . Probation , recruiting violations , etc etc .. Lane was dealt a pretty hard deck at USC .

Very valid points but consider ... he was the youngest coach in the history of the NFL and the Raiders were a dumpster fire . Who has won consistently in Oakland the last 20 years ?? Tenn was in shambles and he turned that program around immediately. He came within a blocked field goal of beating Bama and they whipped us . Ok USC was a great situation on the outside looking in but Carroll left a mess when he left . Probation , recruiting violations , etc etc .. Lane was dealt a pretty hard deck at USC .

He was the youngest coach in the NFL because he did absolutely nothing to deserve the position, he was totally unprepared and incapable of doing the job and only got it because his Dad is so well connected in football circles. He did not earn it, he did not earn the UT job- he played the victim card when he was fired- turns out every negative comment Al Davis made about him being a lying sleeze was 100% accurate but Lane had already lied his way into a new role... and to say he “turned things around in one year at UT”? They won 7 games... hardly an impactful program changing season. It makes me laugh when people talk about his time there as though it is some huge accomplishment! That was one of the most comically short/embarrassing/ program wrecking coaching tenures I have seen any program afflicted with in my lifetime! Do any of ya’ll actually remember the chaos he left them in? He has no loyalty to anyone but himself, and literally left Knoxville in RIOTS. So, yeah let’s go hire THAT guy? SMH... Whatever ya’ll, like I said above- fortunately it will NEVER happen here so I have nothing to worry about. I think some of ya’ll have let anger over our current situation cloud your reason and completely erase your memory. I am on the ANYBODY but Lane train personally. He is literally the LAST coach I know of that I would like to have leading our program.

Lane is about to be Celebrating a second Conference Championship in 3 years in about 30 mins. Up by 35 starting the 4th quarter. It's funny people said we would never hear from Lane Kiffin again when he took the FAU job.

Reactions: ddw1263
I know I'm in left field on this one, but I would like to have Kiffin here.

No, I agree, I posted in Nov 22 2015 how with Clemson's rise we needed to hire Lane kiffin, and linked a article saying the same thing, lmost people said I was drunk back then LOL.

I still think the guy would of done well here and we would be in a better place.

But I also posted how horrible then candidate Will Muschamp's resume was and something was wrong with that guy, so looking back what did i know?

From Nov 22, 2015

I woke up this morning with a different opinion on our program, we are in a new reality until the next coach comes, a much worse reality then most not all in here thought. What coach can get us out of this?, i believe we almost need a arrogant jerk but a young one and gamble that they have fixed and our ready to overcome issues in their past but they have extensive head coaching experience but need another shot.

Their is risk with all the candidates mentioned, this is a big job, and I used to hate this guy, but in a world were Clemson will probably make the playoffs this year, we need someone to go against that mountain of good PR, after their appearance in the college playoff and hopefully loss, Dabo will be stronger then ever, the more I think we need a quick fix and not someone learning on the job.

My # 1, who i hope gets the job given where we are is Lane Kiffin, Like Smart he has been learning the process under Saben.

And for Jeffrey comment, I just see him owning it and saying, yes and Jeffrey came here and is in the NFL, thats what really happens when you come to South Carolina and the SEC

Cut and paste from Aaron Torres article on 10-13

"But for all the talk about "Kiffin to Miami," over the last few weeks, "Kiffin to South Carolina" has always made more sense to me if the job did eventually open up. Which it did on Monday.

For starters, the school already has everything Kiffin would need to be successful: A solid fan-base, great resources and awesome recruiting base. Kiffin already knows the state's high schools well; remember the whole "Tennessee recruiting hostesses scandal" originated when Kiffin sent a bunch of college girls to a high school game in South Carolina. So in a lot of ways, it's almost like this was the job Kiffin was born to eventually take. It'd be like a homecoming of sorts if he accepted.

More importantly, I see a lot of parallels between this job, and Kiffin's actual coaching ability. The truth is Kiffin isn't Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban, and he never will be. But it's ok; South Carolina isn't Florida,Alabama or Georgia either. Instead, Kiffin is a "good enough" coach, and South Carolina is a good enough program, one where going 9-3 is perfectly acceptable, and 11-1 is not the expectation. Yes, there would be pressure at South Carolina, but not the insufferable, overwhelming pressure he'd have at other schools.

Add in the fact that we could all throw in a few "pumping gas someday" jokes, and it's a win-win for everyone.

Kiffin to South Carolina makes too much sense."

1 Gradstudent, Nov 22, 2015

Last edited:
No, I agree, I posted in Nov 22 2015 how with Clemson's rise we needed to hire Lane kiffin, and linked a article saying the same thing, like I like to most people said I was drunk LOL.

I still think the guy would of done well here and we would be in a better place.

But I also posted how horrible then candidate Will Muschamp's resume was and something was wrong with that guy, so looking back what did i know?

I woke up this morning with a different opinion on our program, we are in a new reality until the next coach comes, a much worse reality then most not all in here thought. What coach can get us out of this?, i believe we almost need a arrogant jerk but a young one and gamble that they have fixed and our ready to overcome issues in their past but they have extensive head coaching experience but need another shot.

Their is risk with all the candidates mentioned, this is a big job, and I used to hate this guy, but in a world were Clemson will probably make the playoffs this year, we need someone to go against that mountain of good PR, after their appearance in the college playoff and hopefully loss, Dabo will be stronger then ever, the more I think we need a quick fix and not someone learning on the job.

My # 1, who i hope gets the job given where we are is Lane Kiffin, Like Smart he has been learning the process under Saben.

And for Jeffrey comment, I just see him owning it and saying, yes and Jeffrey came here and is in the NFL, thats what really happens when you come to South Carolina and the SEC

"But for all the talk about "Kiffin to Miami," over the last few weeks, "Kiffin to South Carolina" has always made more sense to me if the job did eventually open up. Which it did on Monday.

For starters, the school already has everything Kiffin would need to be successful: A solid fan-base, great resources and awesome recruiting base. Kiffin already knows the state's high schools well; remember the whole "Tennessee recruiting hostesses scandal" originated when Kiffin sent a bunch of college girls to a high school game in South Carolina. So in a lot of ways, it's almost like this was the job Kiffin was born to eventually take. It'd be like a homecoming of sorts if he accepted.

More importantly, I see a lot of parallels between this job, and Kiffin's actual coaching ability. The truth is Kiffin isn't Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban, and he never will be. But it's ok; South Carolina isn't Florida,Alabama or Georgia either. Instead, Kiffin is a "good enough" coach, and South Carolina is a good enough program, one where going 9-3 is perfectly acceptable, and 11-1 is not the expectation. Yes, there would be pressure at South Carolina, but not the insufferable, overwhelming pressure he'd have at other schools.

Add in the fact that we could all throw in a few "pumping gas someday" jokes, and it's a win-win for everyone.

100% agree.

No, I agree, I posted in Nov 22 2015 how with Clemson's rise we needed to hire Lane kiffin, and linked a article saying the same thing, lmost people said I was drunk back then LOL.

From Nov 22, 2015

I had completely forgotten when he hired the prostitutes to go to Byrnes and convince guys to go to UT “by any means necessary”. Another commentary on how classy that sack of turds is... thanks for the reminder. It was an even worse idea in 2015 to hire him when he was still 100% radioactive than it is today after he spent a few years laying low in a cupcake conference...

I had completely forgotten when he hired the prostitutes to go to Byrnes and convince guys to go to UT “by any means necessary”. Another commentary on how classy that sack of turds is... thanks for the reminder. It was an even worse idea in 2015 to hire him when he was still 100% radioactive than it is today after he spent a few years laying low in a cupcake conference...
Calling female college kids prostitutes says more about your character than his.

I think Kiffin'll do well there, and fairly quickly. He was probably assured through some channels that their boosters are going to be willing to help out in any way possible.

Good hire by Ole Miss. He can recruit, relatively young, has had success and, most importantly, he is offensive-minded, which has been the trend in college football in recent years. Would have loved to have him available if Muschamp fails next season. That being said, I believe Josh Heupel and Eliah Drinkwitz will be available should Muschamp strike out next season.

Say what you want but kiffin is ten times the coach muschump is and unlike chump ...he’s won everywhere he’s been.we will continue to be just a mediocre dumpster fire while he makes ole miss very competitive again
Won everywhere he,s been??? Lol ever heard of the raiders??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT