ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of surprised at the early line on the Clemson/Notre Dame

How about the last 3 years in the playoffs, a National Championship, 4 NFL 1-2 rounders on the Dline? Does that help clarify?
Previous years don't count. Neither does "projected" NFL players. Y'all have played 3 common opponents. UND blew out all three of them, Clemson blew out 2 of them and had a nail-biter with one. They have a signature win versus Michigan, you don't.

How about the last 3 years in the playoffs, a National Championship, 4 NFL 1-2 rounders on the Dline? Does that help clarify?
Hard to prove by their schedule.

Lol at the schedule argument. Look at Clemson and who they’ve beat since 2015. After you finish, take a look at the SEC East results since 2015.

Lol at the schedule argument. Look at Clemson and who they’ve beat since 2015. After you finish, take a look at the SEC East results since 2015.
SEC East?? History since 2015? Um, logic courses at Clemson are severely lacking. Neither of those have anything to do with the subject at hand...they are extraneous arguments.

I think ND will give Clemson more of a fight than people expect but I think it'll be a touchdown difference game. Clemson won't blow them out but they will win a close one. Kelly will see the same holes in that defense that we saw and he will expose them, just not with the firepower an Oklahoma or Bama would have.

Well at least cowboy Dabo can’t play the “no respect” card. I like it as far as ND givibgbtgem a game is concerned

Reactions: Zann77
SEC East?? History since 2015? Um, logic courses at Clemson are severely lacking. Neither of those have anything to do with the subject at hand...they are extraneous arguments.

With regard to logic, look at the talent and depth on Clemson’s roster, and their recent post regular season performance and then do the same for Notre Dame in both categories. There’s your logic for why the line is the way that it is.

Ignoring all of that and simply using the schedule argument is where logic is lost.

Did not realize beating Pitt 19-14 was considered a blow out?

He was referring to Syracuse, that should have defeated Clempsun had it not been for an illegal man downfield penalty on a converted fourth down, CU is out of the playoffs. UND beat Syracuse 38-3.

We'll see how both teams stack up on 12/29.

With regard to logic, look at the talent and depth on Clemson’s roster, and their recent post regular season performance and then do the same for Notre Dame in both categories. There’s your logic for why the line is the way that it is.

Ignoring all of that and simply using the schedule argument is where logic is lost.
Previous years are superfluous. Not the same teams as this years teams. Common opponents and overall schedule are the best indicator. Y'all are pretty darn even on common opponents and they have a much better win than any of yours.

Vegas is smart, they know the Tater Fans have drank Dabo koolaid and Think that the Taters are the best team in the history of the world..... They want Taters fans loading up on them big, and a big payout for Vegas.. Line will drop to less than 10 before K/O... When the smart money comes out!!

Vegas is smart, they know the Tater Fans have drank Dabo koolaid and Think that the Taters are the best team in the history of the world..... They want Taters fans loading up on them big, and a big payout for Vegas.. Line will drop to less than 10 before K/O... When the smart money comes out!!
They had to set a line that will get the UND fans to bet in the same numbers as the Clemson fans.

Reactions: Judson1
Previous years don't count. Neither does "projected" NFL players. Y'all have played 3 common opponents. UND blew out all three of them, Clemson blew out 2 of them and had a nail-biter with one. They have a signature win versus Michigan, you don't.

4 common opponents. ND played Pitt and needed a 4th Q comeback to win by 5.
I think focusing on 8 games is kind of lazy analysis when the 2 teams played 25 games, but even if you just want to look at common opponents, ND beat those 4 teams by 96 while Clemson beat them by 145. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Honestly though, I'm surprised by the line too. I was expecting Clemson to be favored by around a TD, but not by 12. S&P+ rates Clemson about 7 points better while ESPN's FPI likes the Tigers by around 9. Nothing I've seen has the Tigers 12 points better than the Irish though so that's a bit curious.

You mean those D line that turned down 1st round money to mysteriously come back another year to possibly get hurt and end their careers? The Taters are the best money launders unknown to the NCAA. They probably pay them off too to not ever investigate.

4 common opponents. ND played Pitt and needed a 4th Q comeback to win by 5.
I think focusing on 8 games is kind of lazy analysis when the 2 teams played 25 games, but even if you just want to look at common opponents, ND beat those 4 teams by 96 while Clemson beat them by 145. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Honestly though, I'm surprised by the line too. I was expecting Clemson to be favored by around a TD, but not by 12. S&P+ rates Clemson about 7 points better while ESPN's FPI likes the Tigers by around 9. Nothing I've seen has the Tigers 12 points better than the Irish though so that's a bit curious.
I think it's closer than a TD. Both teams seem pretty evenly matched...different strengths and weaknesses, but both have the ability to exploit the other's weakness.

What does that have to do with now this ain't '15 '16' or '17 all you have to do to beat you in "2018" is roll your QB away from the fat boys in the middle and play some defense. Hell, we proved that who cares what happened in the past this is now we're talking about. Now go get that ass kicked and make us proud.

What does that have to do with now this ain't '15 '16' or '17 all you have to do to beat you in "2018" is roll your QB away from the fat boys in the middle and play some defense. Hell, we proved that who cares what happened in the past this is now we're talking about. Now go get that ass kicked and make us proud.

Sure will, bud. Do the state proud in the Belk Bowl and keep discussing the Clemson schedule as Clemson keeps winning games in the CFP.

I’m sure the NFL scouts also feel the same way you do about the fat boys in the middle.

Reactions: agantt and Zann77
He was referring to Syracuse, that should have defeated Clempsun had it not been for an illegal man downfield penalty on a converted fourth down, CU is out of the playoffs. UND beat Syracuse 38-3.

We'll see how both teams stack up on 12/29.

There is just a "slight" issue with the Syracuse comparison. Clemson's QB went out in the 2nd quarter I believe it was and Dungee played the whole game. Against ND, Dungee went out in the 1st quarter and ND starting QB played the whole game. Not exactly apples to apples dont you think? Dungee is the entire Syracuse offense.

Sure will, bud. Do the state proud in the Belk Bowl and keep discussing the Clemson schedule as Clemson keeps winning games in the CFP.

I’m sure the NFL scouts also feel the same way you do about the fat boys in the middle.
Well they play better talent before the scouts look. Y'all have something in common with us with our bowl games...we'll both be one and done.

There is just a "slight" issue with the Syracuse comparison. Clemson's QB went out in the 2nd quarter I believe it was and Dungee played the whole game. Against ND, Dungee went out in the 1st quarter and ND starting QB played the whole game. Not exactly apples to apples dont you think? Dungee is the entire Syracuse offense.

Your game was at home. Big difference. Again, if the lineman down field isn't called against Cuse on the 4th conversion late, CU is out of the playoff picture with one loss. We'll see who wins on the field on 12/29. I think CU is better than ND fwiw. I don't think CU us better than UGA or BAMA just based on observations of all three programs this year.

Reactions: roosterbell
The point is that you are minimizing Clemson's accomplishments by trying to make out like they are untested, which is a farce. And the relevance of the results the last 4 years is that it shows how well coached Clemson is in big games and how tested they are as a program. That coaching carries forward and is the exact same. Most of these players played on those teams as well. It shows Clemson is not star struck by big games and the playoffs. That is relevant.

Clemson is 16-3 the last 4 years against teams that finished the season ranked in the FINAL CFP poll. Clemson is 7-2 the last 4 years against top 10 teams in the final CFP poll. And those two losses are against Bama in years they finished #1. Clemson has more top 10 wins than the entire SEC East has COMBINED in that same period.

See which way the line moves early because that is when the Sharps wager to move the line.

Yep, the same Belk Bowl team that racked up 510 yards passing, 600 total yards, and five TD's a little over a week ago vs mighty CU? I know the final score wasn't that close, but everyone watching in person and on TV saw Carolina carve up CU's 'top rated defense'. Had a chance to get fourteen more, credit your defense for stopping us there. Be careful on the disparaging remarks on USC's bowl destination. CU was there several years ago and lost to USF.

ABC - Anybody But Clempsun

As much as it pains me to say, Clemson has a good team this year. I think their overall team speed will be the difference against ND, who struggled with an athletic but poorly coached USC

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
It has to be somewhat of a prediction. If they miss too badly on the line they will get hit hard by the sharps and take on way too much risk.

Also, if it wasn't a pretty darn good prediction all of the advanced metrics that have come about in the last 5 or so years wouldn't still be having so much trouble outperforming the spread.

Reactions: Zann77 and Cloud 9
Your game was at home. Big difference. Again, if the lineman down field isn't called against Cuse on the 4th conversion late, CU is out of the playoff picture with one loss. We'll see who wins on the field on 12/29. I think CU is better than ND fwiw. I don't think CU us better than UGA or BAMA just based on observations of all three programs this year.
How original. "If the referee _______"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT