ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda OT- NBA playoffs

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
Man... I just love sports.. I have watched more NBA this year than any year since Jordan retired- It has more stars/ exciting players than any point I can recall in my 40+ years of life.

The past two games I saw the ends of- Last night Den vs Utah, and tonight Houston vs OKC.. Both were just absolute masterpieces! We are talking about slugfest game 7s that came down to the last shot! What a way to close the first round... Hate all you want because of ingrained personal biases... The NBA is putting out the best product I have seen in 4 decades of life. That Houston win was some gritty, fun to watch basketball!

Man... I just love sports.. I have watched more NBA this year than any year since Jordan retired- It has more stars/ exciting players than any point I can recall in my 40+ years of life.

The past two games I saw the ends of- Last night Den vs Utah, and tonight Houston vs OKC.. Both were just absolute masterpieces! We are talking about slugfest game 7s that came down to the last shot! What a way to close the first round... Hate all you want because of ingrained personal biases... The NBA is putting out the best product I have seen in 4 decades of life. That Houston win was some gritty, fun to watch basketball!
Great basketball. Bad people. Not interested.

I’m looking forward to all of these players joining the protests across the country when they leave the “bubble” to continue their push for social justice. I mean, they boycotted their games for a couple of days; surely we’ll see them on the news helping out their fellow man now that they are out of the playoffs and out of the “bubble.” Right?

Agree with OP, NBA playoffs have been excellent. Really glad they found a way to play during the pandemic. Hopeful colleges can do the same.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I’m looking forward to all of these players joining the protests across the country when they leave the “bubble” to continue their push for social justice. I mean, they boycotted their games for a couple of days; surely we’ll see them on the news helping out their fellow man now that they are out of the playoffs and out of the “bubble.” Right?

Wow, that is an inspiring support of the social movement to expect it to still be going strong once the playoffs end and to also hope that empowered millionaires will improve their visibility in support of it! You sound really woke...

Didn't realize the NBA was still going on. Thought the players quit or something.
They delayed things for like one day... Looks like it worked! Your post is proof it got the attention of even those who clearly do not watch the NBA.

Is Milwaukee in trouble?? Kinda surprised they are down 2-0... Dan Patrick was slamming them for not playing Giannis enough minutes this morning. I was out last night so only saw pieces of the game...

Just my gut feeling, Giannis is young and he needs to improve his mental toughness and/or leadership skills to help him take control during close games.

Easier said than done, especially when your opponent makes a lot of 3s.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
1984 Finals, Celtics - Lakers, 'nuff said. Check it out on YouTube.
I grew up on 80's basketball. However, in the big scheme of things, 80's basketball is way overrated. If you truly love basketball and watched the game evolve, the quality of those 80's games sort of pales in comparison to today's game. The shooting range of most players was no greater than 18-20 feet. Everything was a post up. There was no floor spacing. Everyone was packed in the paint. Don't believe me? Watch one of these current playoff games then immediately watch one of the NBA Classic games NBATV shows all the time. I promise that it will be an eye opener.

I grew up on 80's basketball. However, in the big scheme of things, 80's basketball is way overrated. If you truly love basketball and watched the game evolve, the quality of those 80's games sort of pales in comparison to today's game. The shooting range of most players was no greater than 18-20 feet. Everything was a post up. There was no floor spacing. Everyone was packed in the paint. Don't believe me? Watch one of these current playoff games then immediately watch one of the NBA Classic games NBATV shows all the time. I promise that it will be an eye opener.

Yes, the athleticism and ability of these guys is astounding by comparison to that age. Beyond tha advancement of athleticism, range, size... It just seems like there are more stars playing today than at just about any time I recall. Big stats... The obvious ones on The Lakers besides- Giannis, Luka, Lillard, Zion... It just seems like there are one or two big stats on each team! A handful of these guys have ability thay would have put them in the GOAT conversation in any other time period. legitimately... I can think of 3-4 guys in the keague right off the too of my head who have proven they have the ability to be considered of that ilk already, and a whole handful of young guys who seem to have that type of potential but haven’t proved it yet! This is an interesting time to watch!

Thank you . I’ve actually loved watching the NBA this year . So many exciting young players . Luka , Greek Freak , Ja Morant , Damon Lilliard , Trae Young , Murray , Mitchell , Booker , Zion (when he plays) etc etc . I’m loving NBA right now . It’s ok all the “I ain’t watching professional sports blah blah blah” crowd can keep bitchin and moaning and staring at their grass , I’m loving NBA and can’t wait for next Sunday for NFL kickoff .

Reactions: QC Cock
It is definitely a different game today than it was when Magic & Bird went at it on the court. It focused more on the bigs down low as opposed to the 3 point shot of today. The shooting range of those players reflected the court they played on. There was no need for Bird to put up a shot from the logo just past mid court. TOdays players are so much better athletes than those back then. Strength & conditioning have come a long way in 36 years. However, I would put the pure basketball skills of those older guys against the athleticism of these yooung guys anytime. Lebron is in a league of his own, so no need to even include him in any discussion, it's just not fair to the oder guys or the younger ones. He's just too dámn good.

With that said, I would take those Celtics & Lakers teams would over any team the league can put on the court today. Just an opinion, so pl;ease don't shoot me!

The Pistons of years ago would literally leave these guys laying on the court in a fetal position...there's your difference. It's nothing but soccer flops now.

The Pistons of years ago would literally leave these guys laying on the court in a fetal position...there's your difference. It's nothing but soccer flops now.
Depends on the rules. With today's rules, the Pistons would have to bring in replacement players because they would all be suspended for Flagrant 2 foul ejections. You just can't make those hard fouls anymore and was that really basketball anyway? I have been following the NBA since the Walt Frazier Knicks days. We accepted that type of stuff because we didn't know any better. You can't have that type of stuff when you are investing hundreds of millions in these players.

Is Milwaukee in trouble?? Kinda surprised they are down 2-0... Dan Patrick was slamming them for not playing Giannis enough minutes this morning. I was out last night so only saw pieces of the game...
Milwaukee has to win tonight or they are done. It's the bubble, but I can't see them coming back from 0-3. It's sad for Milwaukee too. It's looks like they are going to lose Giannis just like Cleveland lost Lebron in 2010. When small market teams get a player like Giannis, it is imperative that they win a championship before the end of that superstar's contract. Otherwise, the big market teams are going to come for their star. Milwaukee may need to trade Giannis next year.

The Celtics Raptors game was phenomenal. If you missed the last 10 seconds you missed two of the greatest passes in NBA playoff history . Just in case you missed : keep in mine lowerys pass was across court over a 7’6 defender guarding the inbound .

Reactions: classof95#
The Celtics Raptors game was phenomenal. If you missed the last 10 seconds you missed two of the greatest passes in NBA playoff history . Just in case you missed : keep in mine lowerys pass was across court over a 7’6 defender guarding the inbound .

Thank you for posting this.. I had my daughter and could not watch any sports last night.. All they did was talk about this play on the DP show on my way into work this morning. I hate I missed.. Another perfect example of why I made this thread the other night though!

Thank you for posting this.. I had my daughter and could not watch any sports last night.. All they did was talk about this play on the DP show on my way into work this morning. I hate I missed.. Another perfect example of why I made this thread the other night though!

No problem !! What’s funny is the dish by Kemba would have gone down in Celtics lore if not for the game winner . Still an amazing pass by Lowery

Depends on the rules. With today's rules, the Pistons would have to bring in replacement players because they would all be suspended for Flagrant 2 foul ejections. You just can't make those hard fouls anymore and was that really basketball anyway? I have been following the NBA since the Walt Frazier Knicks days. We accepted that type of stuff because we didn't know any better. You can't have that type of stuff when you are investing hundreds of millions in these players.
Protect the babies

Miami was down like 12 when I turned this game on in the 3rd... They outscored Mil 40-13 in the 4th quarter to come back and win it! Pretty exciting basketball but Milwaukee played AWFUL in the 4th! That was kind of sad... this puts them, the top team in the league coming into the playoffs, down 3-0. RIP

The Rockets are up 12 in the 3rd Q game 1 vs the Lakers. So much parity in the NBA!!

ADVERTISEMENT