ADVERTISEMENT

King Dixon appointed to BOT? Are we serious?

Is he 90? Guess there's no age limit. He could be on a breathing tube and still be an active board member
He’s like 84 years old but he might as well be 90 this is crazy, and even though it “supposed” to be temporary it shows everybody that South Carolina University take things for granted. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dixon has told Ray Tanner he’s got it made, cause Gamecock fans put up with anything!

Again folks...it's only temporary until the Legislature can fill the position. I'm sure the Education Subcommittee will cover this in one of their early meetings in January. I doubt he'll be anything more than a seat filler.

FWIW, the ES will be discussing the Bill brought forth to change the way the BOT is elected and to remove the Governor from the BOT January 15.

Again folks...it's only temporary until the Legislature can fill the position. I'm sure the Education Subcommittee will cover this in one of their early meetings in January. I doubt he'll be anything more than a seat filler.

FWIW, the ES will be discussing the Bill brought forth to change the way the BOT is elected and to remove the Governor from the BOT January 15.
Does the Governor serve on the UPC board? Serious question.

This kinda stuff just makes me wish I was raised a Bama fan. God we are stupid from a management standpoint. The old running in the black wait till next BS will be in full swing. He and Tanner will get along great. The more removed we are from the Spurior erra the farther away it seems we are from future success in football. Hiring Dixon to bring back one of our more disaster decades just seals it for me. Did he get a 18 mil buy out as well? I'm so glad I quit buying tickets when I did and just donate to scholarship funds. Tired of men's sports sucking.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
No. Totally different governance structure. Clemson is more like a public company. We are more like a state agency. Sad, but true.
Clemson has 13 board members. Seven are self perpetuating life-time members in which those 7 elect the replacement trustee. Six members are elected by the General Assembly and serve staggered 4 year terms.

Last edited:

Fantastic. For once, for the love of Jesus and buddah and all that is sacred, let's do the unthinkable and get these redneck goobers off the board and come into the 21st century.

As long as the seat isn’t filled by another lawyer or judge we are making progress

Reactions: Brace1
I've known King since the 50s and think highly of him. He is a person of good character and was a good football player for us. He is certainly a loyal Gamecock and is sharper in his 80s than most posters on here.

“sharper in his 80s than most posters on here”...........truer words have never been spoken here

I've known King since the 50s and think highly of him. He is a person of good character and was a good football player for us. He is certainly a loyal Gamecock and is sharper in his 80s than most posters on here.
I remember talking to him once, back in the 80's, between the hedges in Athens, during either pre-game or halftime. He's all Gamecock. I think we won that one, but it's hard to remember exactly which game that was.

It's undoubtedly hard to get someone to serve in a role like this for about 2 months, so this is not a big deal. As others have said, the bigger picture of Board revision is what will matter. Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic that the proposed changes will fix the Board because of the fundamental dysfunction of our political scene in SC. Until our politicians begin to view and treat the university as an important resource for the state rather than a political football or a means to get 'political payback', things will remain the same regardless of the Board's size.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT