ADVERTISEMENT

Kingston picking up where Holbrook left off...

On paper they were good recruits. Holbrook always got tons of credit for his recruiting skills. Guess in the end he couldn't guage talent or couldn't develop it. I dont see next year getting any better.

Oh sure it will. LMAO lMAO
-Monte Lee

Holbrook has been to a super regional in the last 3 years. Monte lee has not.
Monte Lee also didn't have the keys to a dynasty handed to him either. He was left with a decent foundation left by JackLeg the ice cream lover.

Reactions: jonesz21
Monte Lee also didn't have the keys to a dynasty handed to him either. He was left with a decent foundation left by JackLeg the ice cream lover.
That's right and Holbrook is gone. Why do y'all put Lee on such a pedestal ?

I wouldn't pick up the folding chairs yet. I do think you have some rebuilding to do but the program at USC is always gonna have the potential for Omaha every year. Let your coach do his thing.
Even Kentucky fans feel sorry for us. They usually would be over here rubbing our face in it. 1977 Cat, there is no use in coming over here and showing class. We're terrible, in a downward spiral and wallowing in self pity.

The Gamecocks also have had several injuries to some good players, that is hard to deal with also.

Naw we don't really have good players. That's why we consistently get our ass kicked. And we only hired Kingston because Tanner whiffed on his first 5 choices. He'll get us to a super regional every 5 years or so and our fanbase will (mostly) embrace him because Holbrook failed so miserably that our realistic expectations now as a baseball program are to make the NCAA's every 2/3 years (HA) instead of competing for national championships.

Naw we don't really have good players. That's why we consistently get our ass kicked. And we only hired Kingston because Tanner whiffed on his first 5 choices. He'll get us to a super regional every 5 years or so and our fanbase will (mostly) embrace him because Holbrook failed so miserably that our realistic expectations now as a baseball program are to make the NCAA's every 2/3 years (HA) instead of competing for national championships.
5 choices ? Do tell?

You make some very good points. However, I'm not sure that it's the lack of talent in individual players. I think it's the team as a collective unit that doesn't seem to work. People might scoff at that notion, but I think it's as reasonable of an excuse as lack of player development or bad recruiting. This team will have their good days, but it won't outnumber the bad days.

Reactions: Vincent Hanna

What first 5 choices??? Give us the names.

Holbrook made Super Regionals 2 out of 4 years and it cost him his job.

Some of you haters are just ridiculous.

Reactions: rogue cock
Kingston recently said that the pitching staff was actually exceeding his dismal expectations from the fall practices...I’ll bet he’s changed his opinion.

5 choices ? Do tell?

Kingston's team was eliminated June 4. We hired him June 30. Either Tanner did his due diligence and ran a background check on Kingston all the way back to his days in Buffalo or else some other coaches still involved in the Tournament through late June (O'Sullivan anyone?) told Tanner to kick rocks.

Kingston's team was eliminated June 4. We hired him June 30. Either Tanner did his due diligence and ran a background check on Kingston all the way back to his days in Buffalo or else some other coaches still involved in the Tournament through late June (O'Sullivan anyone?) told Tanner to kick rocks.
5 choices Do tell ?

What first 5 choices??? Give us the names.

Holbrook made Super Regionals 2 out of 4 years and it cost him his job.

Some of you haters are just ridiculous.

Except Holbrook coached here 5 years. What did he do those other 3 years? And I'm an unabashed hater. Anyone in their right mind happy with where our baseball program is? Who do you think is accountable?

Except Holbrook coached here 5 years. What did he do those other 3 years? And I'm an unabashed hater. Anyone in their right mind happy with where our baseball program is? Who do you think is accountable?

Super Regionals, regional playoff, no tournament, Super Regionals, no tournament.
Fired - (or resigned)

Now, you said (and I quote):

And we only hired Kingston because Tanner whiffed on his first 5 choices.

We are still waiting on your first 5 choices that Tanner whiffed on.

Names??????

Hater? This is reality. Holbrook is totally responsible for this season. He recruited all of these guys. Holbrook took over a Rolls Royce, and turned it into a Pinto (upside down in a ditch).

Kingston lost his pitching coach after fall practice and had to start all over in January. Everyone seems to forget that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT