ADVERTISEMENT

Kingston

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
Radio was talking about how he should get sec coach of the year for how he turned this team around to make it to a game 3 in the supers against probably the best offensive team in the country, but probably won’t bc they will give it to O’Sullivan from Florida but why ? They are defending national champs and returned everybody.

Because the guy who wins a championship and possibly wins it again should be coach of the year.

Ray Tanner was coach of the year in 2011. He deserved it. O Sullivan is doing Tanner like things at Florida. He deserves it.

Unless you would’ve voted for say...John Cohen for Mississippi State in 2011 over Ray Tanner, you can’t make this argument. And I doubt you would have done that.

No Kingston doesn’t deserve coach of the year. That is not a knock on Kingston. He did a good job, but that does not mean he is coach of the year in the SEC, where there are several coaches doing great jobs.

They give out the award before the post season starts so what happens in regionals and super regionals doesn't factor into the discussion. If it did, how would Gary Henderson from Mississippi State not be the runaway favorite? Kingston did a great job righting this ship but not coach of the year worthy IMO.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
They give out the award before the post season starts so what happens in regionals and super regionals doesn't factor into the discussion. If it did, how would Gary Henderson from Mississippi State not be the runaway favorite? Kingston did a great job righting this ship but not coach of the year worthy IMO.

Good points. Henderson is worthy. Just think it’s hard not to give it to the coach that won it all and when you look up they are ranked #1 again.

Henderson certainly took over a difficult spot. Found a way to rally the troops. It’s ok to say other people coach well without bashing our own.

Good points. Henderson is worthy. Just think it’s hard not to give it to the coach that won it all and when you look up they are ranked #1 again.

Henderson certainly took over a difficult spot. Found a way to rally the troops. It’s ok to say other people coach well without bashing our own.

Honestly, if you included post-season, I would go with the Miss State guy. I am biased a bit because I'm related to Jake Mangum but what he did to turn that thing around is even more remarkable particularly if you factor in the SEC tourney.

Honestly, if you included post-season, I would go with the Miss State guy. I am biased a bit because I'm related to Jake Mangum but what he did to turn that thing around is even more remarkable particularly if you factor in the SEC tourney.
Have to go with this, I mean the guy is an interim!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Meade gets most trips to the mound of anyone else is the SEC award
Actually, Meade may have done the best coaching job of anyone in the SEC. Yep, he visited the mound frequently, but to get this team to the Supers with his late addition to the coaching staff, the inexperienced pitching talent he inherited, and sporadic offensive support they had is quite amazing. We just ran out of arms at the end. I'm as much impressed with him as I am Kingston.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
That interim tag has to be off by now. If not, someone has had too many cowbells ringing in their ears.
Well, I heard more than one analyst say they were still looking at coaches for the position, so he really is still an interim! Now, if he wins it all, I would find it hard for thheem not to hire him full time!

Radio was talking about how he should get sec coach of the year for how he turned this team around to make it to a game 3 in the supers against probably the best offensive team in the country, but probably won’t bc they will give it to O’Sullivan from Florida but why ? They are defending national champs and returned everybody.
When a team displays a lack of fundamentals in a critical series like the Super Regionals, that coach does not deserve coach of the year.

SEC COY will most likely go to Gary Henderson at Mississippi State for what he did with that fire storm down in Starkville

Reactions: rogue cock
Actually, Meade may have done the best coaching job of anyone in the SEC. Yep, he visited the mound frequently, but to get this team to the Supers with his late addition to the coaching staff, the inexperienced pitching talent he inherited, and sporadic offensive support they had is quite amazing. We just ran out of arms at the end. I'm as much impressed with him as I am Kingston.

Tough to argue with that. This staff can coach - let's hope the recruiting is where it needs to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT