ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Henry: “Dad made it very frank that’s his business” Keith H waiting for job offer before deciding

I read that this morning. Glad no one is taking the bait.

Stuff like this is what is making me slowly lose touch with college football....I get it on some level...the players are wanting to negotiate "deals" because they bring in revenue, etc....but it just really cheapens the game (or what I think the game to be in my mind).

On the other hand I think these coaches, schools, conferences, NCAA, and apparel companies are just banking all of this money and it sucks none of it can get back to the players who are making it all happen

"Henry said he hopes to make the decision within the final 48 hours before the decision..."
So he's going to make the decision before he makes the decision. I wonder how that will work?
Meaning he will have his decision made on which school before he publicly announces his decision

KJ is still waiting for one of his top 5 to contact his dad about getting a job before deciding. I don't know why we haven't offered yet
http://www.goupstate.com/sports/20171214/henry-details-final-process
This may be a wonderful football player, but character wise he sounds like a spoiled Manzel type person. He thinks he is so important that he can dictate to a school conditions on his enrollment. What happens when he gets to practice and isn’t quite as ready for big boy college football and has to sit and the sidelines and earn a spot. I can’t see any coach worth a damn letting a kid come into their program with that attitude

Perhaps, but that is not what it says.
Probably not the most articulate and it’s an interview during practice too. So I would guess he’s saying he’s gonna have his personal decision made but not publicly announce his decision until signing day.

This may be a wonderful football player, but character wise he sounds like a spoiled Manzel type person. He thinks he is so important that he can dictate to a school conditions on his enrollment. What happens when he gets to practice and isn’t quite as ready for big boy college football and has to sit and the sidelines and earn a spot. I can’t see any coach worth a damn letting a kid come into their program with that attitude
Or publicly signing at 4:20 ?? I wonder why that time.

Reactions: GamecockSPUR
Hooray for Alabama.... Henry was scheduled to visit there last week... when Henry announced a job for his father would help any university sign him, Alabama must've cancelled the visit...thanks but no thanks

Or publicly signing at 4:20 ?? I wonder why that time.
What's the importance of signing at 4:20?
cheech-chong-o.gif

We need him badly. Watch him go elsewhere and be an all American. Just hope we do our homework.

The kid's gonna be a handful for which ever school he decides on - with or without his dad,

True. But on the other hand, the kid must really love his dad. That is a positive. Some of the prospects don't have a dad at all in the picture. I'm wondering about the father though, who doesn't shut this kind of talk down. It has got to be embarrassing to him for this to be so public.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
True. But on the other hand, the kid must really love his dad. That is a positive. Some of the prospects don't have a dad at all in the picture. I'm wondering about the father though, who doesn't shut this kind of talk down. It has got to be embarrassing to him for this to be so public.

I’m guessing he is the one pushing and telling KJ to put it out there. Not particularly cool imo but who asked me?

We need him badly. Watch him go elsewhere and be an all American. Just hope we do our homework.

Not sure about "need" him. We could use him and would be glad to have him but Boom is building our defense to be formidable, with or without Henry.

Reactions: tl from little hell
Suppose to be a Clemson Lock.

I like this, the young man puts family first, his Dad says it wont impact his sons recruiting, just a teenager talking, K.J. is a loyal family guy, I cant knock the young man.

Clemson isn't hiring his Dad, I love this wrinkle, WM has hired his dad for camps, respects his coaching ability, and has a strong relationship.

The kid's gonna be a handful for which ever school he decides on - with or without his dad,
How would you like to be a head coach who must make decisions based on the whim of a hormone crazed 17 year old? Suppose he were to tell the coach that "I won't try to make a lot of sacks unless dad gets a raise"? Where does it end?

Look at our d line. Yes we need him.

I've looked at it. We're losing some seniors but the backups, mostly sophomores, were way more productive. Sorry, I'm not in the "we have to have him", "hire his dad" group.

Henry is Clemson bound
And will probably tear it up! He'll be all-conference along with other accolades, and folks in here will lament that we didn't do what it took to get him.
I say hire pops. If either doesn't pan out, do what's necessary at that point.

Reactions: Gradstudent
And will probably tear it up! He'll be all-conference along with other accolades, and folks in here will lament that we didn't do what it took to get him.
I say hire pops. If either doesn't pan out, do what's necessary at that point.
With him and XT? There’s only one QB on the field to sack...Could be scary

Easy
How would you like to be a head coach who must make decisions based on the whim of a hormone crazed 17 year old? Suppose he were to tell the coach that "I won't try to make a lot of sacks unless dad gets a raise"? Where does it end?
easy, bench him till he changes his mind. If he wants to transfer, tell he can if it is Div II or lower otherwise hold him down as long as you can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT