ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Henry: “Dad made it very frank that’s his business” Keith H waiting for job offer before deciding

Henry would be a nice pickup but you don't want to go down that road. Sounds like they have a little bit of BigBaller in them making demands. Then what do you do with the next kid who has a dad that is a JV coach somewhere and wants a job? Once you give into one demand, it never ends

Ummm.. Guys... HOW DO YOU THINK WE GOT JAKE BENTLEY!?!?

Ohhh, that was different right? Bullshit.

I am not even saying we should hire KJ Henry's Dad, just that all these sanctimonious idiots acting like "we shouldn't go down that road"- WTF? We LIVE DOWN THAT ROAD RIGHT NOW, FIRST HOUSE ON THE FN LEFT WITH THE B ON THE FRONT DOOR! Get a fn clue!

The facts are, this kid is a Clemson LOCK, UNLESS a school is willing to go that one crazy extra step to help his family out... If our coach already knows and respects his Dad, has worked with him, and has an opening, and it is legal within NCAA rules... How is this a crazy step for us?

The recruiting game has changed and Muschamp knows what he needs to do. If this kid is worth the investment, we have the ability to get him.

Personally, I felt it was a mistake when we did it with Jake, I don't think we should do it unless his Dad is truly a coach that can help us OR unless this kid is the next JD CLOWNEY. If the coaches feel either of those are true, or some variation between the two that adds enough value with the combination of player and coach... then I hope they do what needs to be done.

Why’s that? Trying to think of the last dad Clemson hired. I know USC’s.
Kid seems to love the camera, loves the attention, loves the process and seems to thrive on acting like he's important with the surprise factor. With a little tutelage from Dabo he'll be a raging prima donna in no time.

Kid seems to love the camera, loves the attention, loves the process and seems to thrive on acting like he's important with the surprise factor. With a little tutelage from Dabo he'll be a raging prima donna in no time.
Oh, that makes sense. Who are the primadonnas on Dabo's current team?

Ummm.. Guys... HOW DO YOU THINK WE GOT JAKE BENTLEY!?!?

Ohhh, that was different right? Bullshit.

I am not even saying we should hire KJ Henry's Dad, just that all these sanctimonious idiots acting like "we shouldn't go down that road"- WTF? We LIVE DOWN THAT ROAD RIGHT NOW, FIRST HOUSE ON THE FN LEFT WITH THE B ON THE FRONT DOOR! Get a fn clue!

The facts are, this kid is a Clemson LOCK, UNLESS a school is willing to go that one crazy extra step to help his family out... If our coach already knows and respects his Dad, has worked with him, and has an opening, and it is legal within NCAA rules... How is this a crazy step for us?

The recruiting game has changed and Muschamp knows what he needs to do. If this kid is worth the investment, we have the ability to get him.

Personally, I felt it was a mistake when we did it with Jake, I don't think we should do it unless his Dad is truly a coach that can help us OR unless this kid is the next JD CLOWNEY. If the coaches feel either of those are true, or some variation between the two that adds enough value with the combination of player and coach... then I hope they do what needs to be done.

Please show me where Jake Bentley said he would come to SC if we hired his dad. Thanks.

Please show me where Jake Bentley said he would come to SC if we hired his dad. Thanks.
You won't find it because he never said it, but you'd be pretty naive to believe that Bobby didn't tell Muschamp that his son would go play wherever he was hired. Or maybe it was just pure coincidence that Bobby and Jake ended up in the same place. "Oh, hey, what are YOU doing here?!"

Reactions: 78 Yardcock
Most importantly, why would a dad let his son find him a job. is dad not good enough to be hired on his own merits? One would think that any self-respecting father would tell his son that he doesn't need his help.

Its Venables' team. Dabo just watches and collects a paycheck.
And dances and fondles the rock. I think the real driving force behind the team is the guy slipping into Venebles from behind on the sidelines.

Has Henry said he would 100% go to the place that gave his dad a job? From what I've seen (and it might not be all of it) he is still leaving the door open to go anywhere he wants.

"Henry said he hopes to make the decision within the final 48 hours before the decision..."
So he's going to make the decision before he makes the decision. I wonder how that will work?
Not sure because I'm undecided on how it will work.

I don't think you guys will ever really understand it. And Clemson is OK with that. I imagine you are, too.
What is it?

I was giving your coach a compliment btw. A simple "thank you" would have been enough.

Venables is a great coach. Seems like a good guy too.
I'd say that's been pretty well-established. And of course, Dabo...NOT a great coach. Not even a good one. He's a cheerleader. But oddly, he has the same number of national championships as Steve Spurrier. Of course, that could all change in just less than a month.

Reactions: ymbi
I'd say that's been pretty well-established. And of course, Dabo...NOT a great coach. Not even a good one. He's a cheerleader. But oddly, he has the same number of national championships as Steve Spurrier. Of course, that could all change in just less than a month.
He also has the same number of national championships as Dan Radakovich.

You won't find it because he never said it, but you'd be pretty naive to believe that Bobby didn't tell Muschamp that his son would go play wherever he was hired. Or maybe it was just pure coincidence that Bobby and Jake ended up in the same place. "Oh, hey, what are YOU doing here?!"

I would like to see something to back up this claim. Anything at all?
Does that mean Yabo Dabo hired Venebles to get his son or was it "Oh, hey, what are YOU doing here?"

I would like to see something to back up this claim. Anything at all?
Does that mean Yabo Dabo hired Venebles to get his son or was it "Oh, hey, what are YOU doing here?"
You're not going to find any sort of quote to back up this "claim"; it's not even a claim as much as it is common sense. But yes, I'm sure Dabo hired Venebles to make sure he signed his 7th grade son who played football in Norman. Totally the same thing.

You're not going to find any sort of quote to back up this "claim"; it's not even a claim as much as it is common sense. But yes, I'm sure Dabo hired Venebles to make sure he signed his 7th grade son who played football in Norman. Totally the same thing.

Guess that also means Clemson hired Fat Brad to get Jeff Scott. Don't forget Yabo Dabo's walk-on son. The AD must have had that one planned out FAR in advance.

Does Radakovich have more than one? I'll admit I don't know much about him.
You mean, has he been an AD for more than one program that won a championship? I don't know. I don't think GT won anything when he was there. I know he penned that stupid evergreen contract for Paul Hewitt that GT is probably still paying on. I honestly don't know much about his career before that.

You mean, has he been an AD for more than one program that won a championship? I don't know. I don't think GT won anything when he was there. I know he penned that stupid evergreen contract for Paul Hewitt that GT is probably still paying on. I honestly don't know much about his career before that.
Huh, just looked. Had no idea he was Associate AD at USC from 1994-2000. He's primarily responsible for the funding for Colonial Life Arena. Who knew? Probably a lot of people, just not me.

Yep. I think you have this all figured out.

When we hired Bobby Bentley, I said to myself, what a great hire, a successful coach from SC with ties to SC high school coaches. Muschamp was very clear that his assistants had to be good recruiters.
You do know that Muschamp and Bentley worked together at Auburn, right? Maybe he only took that job to get close to Bentley, so we could get his son.

When we hired Bobby Bentley, I said to myself, what a great hire, a successful coach from SC with ties to SC high school coaches. Muschamp was very clear that his assistants had to be good recruiters.
You do know that Muschamp and Bentley worked together at Auburn, right? Maybe he only took that job to get close to Bentley, so we could get his son.
I'm aware, yes. I have rescinded my previous comments, and now agree with you that there is no possible way Muschamp ever had a discussion with Bobby Bentley during the interview process about his HS Senior (or Junior who could graduate early!) 5* QB son, and who he might potentially play for in college. That would be silly. Thank you for setting me straight.

He's taught Dabo well.

I'm aware, yes. I have rescinded my previous comments, and now agree with you that there is no possible way Muschamp ever had a discussion with Bobby Bentley during the interview process about his HS Senior (or Junior who could graduate early!) 5* QB son, and who he might potentially play for in college. That would be silly. Thank you for setting me straight.
And, just to clarify, I agree with the various reasons to hire Bentley, namely his ties and experience in SC. I'm just saying...it's not realistic to believe his son wasn't part of the conversation.

Just asking you to back up your comments. If you can't, fine, but maybe you should quit making them.

It’s only natural that a kid would want to play where his father was coaching. The big difference here is that Bobby was already on staff at AU. He was lower in the pecking order than CWM, but when CWM was hired at SC, it was also only natural for Bobby to come back to his native state where he prospered as a HS coach. Jake followed dad. He never lobbied for a job for his dad because he never had to. Jake also saw that he would be in a good position to compete for the starting QB job for 4 years whether he redshirted or not. So anybody who tries to make any comparison between the Bentleys and the Henrys is just misinformed or stupid.

Ignore Ken M. He has zero originality. He is a tater who is here only to push buttons and stir the pot.

And, just to clarify, I agree with the various reasons to hire Bentley, namely his ties and experience in SC. I'm just saying...it's not realistic to believe his son wasn't part of the conversation.

So what if it was. Dad already had a decent job at a major football program. Son never lobbied in the media on his dad’s behalf for a job at a major university football team.

So what if it was. Dad already had a decent job at a major football program. Son never lobbied in the media on his dad’s behalf for a job at a major university football team.
I think you have this one a little backwards. It wasn't the son doing any of the lobbying in this case. And again, it's speculation. There are other valid reasons to hire a Bobby Bentley if you're the HC at USC. A 5* QB son coming with him probably makes the top 10 though, don't you think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT