ADVERTISEMENT

Kornblut's old partner has landed

You can say anything you like. Kornblut was a little slanted to the taters. Only reason taters hated him is his degree from USC. Willie P absolutely sucks. No way I'll ever listen to that garbage.

Reactions: Cocky704 and PC31
For the 1,000th time he was not slanted. Phil was a business man trying to make a living and support his family. That was his top priority just like most of us. To do so in this state he had to walk a tight rope and I think he did it very well for a long time. In fact, I thought he was extremely fair to us considering the records of the 2 programs recently.

Phil is going to be fine. He's already landed multiple affiliates. This is a LJ Smith move after his blowup with Phil. A bit of a way to use Willie P as a Pawn to get back at Phil.

Phil has always been professional and he is going to be around as long as he wants

For the 1,000th time he was not slanted. Phil was a business man trying to make a living and support his family. That was his top priority just like most of us. To do so in this state he had to walk a tight rope and I think he did it very well for a long time. In fact, I thought he was extremely fair to us considering the records of the 2 programs recently.

That's your opinion and you're sticking with it. Post it 1 million times and you can't force folks to agree!

This is true. Our fans hate him as much as yours. Both fan bases think he is slanted to the other, which tells me he is doing something right.

Lawton Swann may be a good addition to this team. Yeah, he is a Clemson guy, but he does seem to try to be balanced. May be worth a listen.

This is true. Our fans hate him as much as yours. Both fan bases think he is slanted to the other, which tells me he is doing something right.

Lawton Swann may be a good addition to this team. Yeah, he is a Clemson guy, but he does seem to try to be balanced. May be worth a listen.

Phil is fair and Lawton is a good fella. He is a Clemson grad and found a niche in a market that doesn't cover much Clemson on the radio.

Phil is fair and Lawton is a good fella. He is a Clemson grad and found a niche in a market that doesn't cover much Clemson on the radio.
This is true. Hope the new show does well. What really sucks is that by the time I get to Lexington, 1400 is out of range. They need to bump up that signal.

I heard the last few minutes if Phil on the Point;s stream tonight and he said that they will start a new statewide show a week from Monday. He said his new co-host is "Dr. Rick" Sanford...I missed the rest of what he said...anyone have more info....?

Not good for Heffner. I actually prefer Teddys show when Sanford is off but Teddy does need a co host these days.
I guess this might be a spot for Matt Barber?

Reactions: SpurCock78
Not good for Heffner. I actually prefer Teddys show when Sanford is off but Teddy does need a co host these days.
I guess this might be a spot for Matt Barber?

Nah, not saying I'll never go back to radio, but the situation would have to be absolutely perfect and I would have to have 100% control. I'm currently working torwards a Phd, so radio isn't really on my radar. I love going in and helping out Rick on Wednesdays, but the business model over there isn't for me. My personal feeling is most station managers in town come with a music radio background and aren't really in tune with sports fans. That's why Columbia has 1 true sports station and I know many are critical of it.

As for Lawton and Willy P. I don't know much about Willy, but I did work with Lawton and he really is a super nice guy. He may have hosted a Clemson show, but that is what worked for him. I think they'll do good together because both are a little ahead of others with their digital work and social media. Their success will depend on how much a backing the folks on Greystone give them. Obviously putting them on 560 instead of 1400 is a plus. Gary and LJ(management) are pros and if they believe in the product it should do well. I've never really listened to Willy P, but he seems to have a nice resume behind him.

Kornblut is going to get more affiliates though. He has the name and a great reputation among station managers. Rick offers more experience as an athlete than anyone on the radio and has a great personality on air. I think it will be a fun combination and Matt Smith is a good addition too. Also, Phil is going to bring back his HS Scoreboard show which I always found was professionally done and a joy to listen to.

Good luck to all involved and I will continue to be on Wednesdays when Teddy is out as long as I'm needed. Rick is a pleasure to work with and I've really enjoyed my off air conversations with Bob Gillespie who is a true legend in our media market.

Nah, not saying I'll never go back to radio, but the situation would have to be absolutely perfect and I would have to have 100% control. I'm currently working torwards a Phd, so radio isn't really on my radar. I love going in and helping out Rick on Wednesdays, but the business model over there isn't for me. My personal feeling is most station managers in town come with a music radio background and aren't really in tune with sports fans. That's why Columbia has 1 true sports station and I know many are critical of it.

As for Lawton and Willy P. I don't know much about Willy, but I did work with Lawton and he really is a super nice guy. He may have hosted a Clemson show, but that is what worked for him. I think they'll do good together because both are a little ahead of others with their digital work and social media. Their success will depend on how much a backing the folks on Greystone give them. Obviously putting them on 560 instead of 1400 is a plus. Gary and LJ(management) are pros and if they believe in the product it should do well. I've never really listened to Willy P, but he seems to have a nice resume behind him.

Kornblut is going to get more affiliates though. He has the name and a great reputation among station managers. Rick offers more experience as an athlete than anyone on the radio and has a great personality on air. I think it will be a fun combination and Matt Smith is a good addition too. Also, Phil is going to bring back his HS Scoreboard show which I always found was professionally done and a joy to listen to.

Good luck to all involved and I will continue to be on Wednesdays when Teddy is out as long as I'm needed. Rick is a pleasure to work with and I've really enjoyed my off air conversations with Bob Gillespie who is a true legend in our media market.
Is the plan for Teddy to just go back to solo hosting?

Is the plan for Teddy to just go back to solo hosting?

Rick is going to help Teddy as much as possible. Rick will cohost with Teddy maybe 1-2 days a week and Rick & I will do the Wednesday show. This means Teddy will be solo 1-3 times a week. Keep in mind Teddy has Kirk Burnett in on Thursdays and will bring Ellis Johnson on some Fridays. He may have Gillespie in some too. Dennis O'Keefe usually joins Teddy in the fall on Mondays.

Rick will be a busy man working with Phil 5 days and doing Teddy's 1-2 times a week. I personally love their banter back and forth and I think Rick & Phil will develop a fun relationship too.

Phil Kornblutt is an award winner and a broadcasting legend. Will what's his name has not been very likable from the start. His wishy washy know it all high pitched demeanor has never been very appealing.

SC Sports is The South Carolina Radio Network’s Flagship long-form sports talk show, featuring two of the most familiar and trusted voices in South Carolina Sports Broadcasting Will Palaszczuk and Lawton Swann bring sports fans across the state an entertaining and fast-paced two hours of SC Sports every weekday from 6p-8p.

With Will and Lawton’s unique and expert analysis of Carolina and Clemson sports topics, the perfect balance of sports news from around the state, input from local callers, and high-Profile guests, The SC SPORTS show is setting the new standard for today’s sports talk radio.

After successful stops in Georgia, Missouri, and Texas, Will has been on the air in South Carolina for the last two years and has established himself as an expert in both SEC and ACC topics. For the past 15+ years, Lawton Swann has hosted the highly-rated CLEMSON SPORTS TALK show, and is one of the most-listened-to talk show hosts in the state. With the perfect balance of sporting news, entertainment, social media engagement, and up-to-the-minute coverage of the day’s hottest sports topics, SC SPORTS leads the charge!

The show runs every weekday from 6p-8p on the newly formed South Carolina Radio Network.

Swann will continue to host Clemson Sports Talk from 4p-6p on Monday through Friday as well.

---------------

^ Here's the info for anyone that doesn't want to click the Clemson link. This is how posting is done guys, pay attention.

F Lawton Swann, I can't turn the radio fast enough every time I hear that jackass

Reactions: PC31
Why the hate for the Lawton guy? I get he's a Clemson guy, but is that reason to hate him? Has he said something awful about USC or done something to make fans hate him?

Why the hate for the Lawton guy? I get he's a Clemson guy, but is that reason to hate him?
It's just this for me. And that he has a show on the air in Columbia, and it chaps my ass when I come across it. Oh and the way he signs off with "....and GO TIGERS"

It's just this for me. And that he has a show on the air in Columbia, and it chaps my ass when I come across it. Oh and the way he signs off with "....and GO TIGERS"

Lol, well it is Clemson Sports Talk . The station he was on had such a poor signal I doubt many listened and that station only had 1 local show. Wasn't worth bothering with when they ended 560

In am, will listen to 107.5 (local shows) &Teddy & whoever, music when they start talking about pro stuff. In pm, will listen to 107.5(local shows), Phil & Rick. Except Wednesday I cut Phil off when he starts talking about things other than sports.

I tried listening to the Willie P show for the first time and it isn't good. This show said they would have a lot of affiliated, but seems like Phil grabbed all those affiliates first. I don't think the Willie P guy is right for this market. Seems like a bad move by 560 to invest in a 6-8 show that goes head to head with Heath and Phil

Reactions: PC31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT