ADVERTISEMENT

KSU--OU announcers

76gintcock

Oct 27, 2007
These guys are amazing.

Oklahoma was punting. 4th and a mile. The snap flew over the punter and and rolled toward the goal line. The punter chased the ball and tried to pick up a bounce. He missed, but a KSU guy fell on the ball.

Both announcers went out of their way to criticize the punter for trying to pick it up. It was a "terrible mistake" and similar statements. But it was clearly no harm no foul. It was 4th down. If he fell on it, Kansas State got the ball right there. That's exactly where the KSU guy fell on it. Sure, if KSU had picked up the loose ball and scored, that would have been the punter's fault. But that's not what happened.

I just wish these guys would think for a second before they put their mouths in gear. You would like to think that somebody would point out their errors over the headset.

The Texas QB threw an interception in OT...game over. The “analyst” on the wrap up show says he bets the QB would want that one back if he could get it...thanks Captain Obvious.

Oklahoma had a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter at that point, correct? I suspect the announcers were telling him to fall on the ball to prevent K State from picking up the ball and scoring a touchdown. At least make them score on your defense. I'm guessing, though, since I didn't hear their commentary.

Oklahoma had a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter at that point, correct? I suspect the announcers were telling him to fall on the ball to prevent K State from picking up the ball and scoring a touchdown. At least make them score on your defense. I'm guessing, though, since I didn't hear their commentary.
I think that was the point they were trying to make, but it was basically irrelevant because the KSU guy just fell on the ball. The guy technically made a mistake, but it was harmless. He certainly didn't deserve to be excoriated for it on national television.

Oklahoma was punting. 4th and a mile. The snap flew over the punter and and rolled toward the goal line. The punter chased the ball and tried to pick up a bounce. He missed, but a KSU guy fell on the ball.

Both announcers went out of their way to criticize the punter for trying to pick it up. It was a "terrible mistake" and similar statements. But it was clearly no harm no foul. It was 4th down. If he fell on it, Kansas State got the ball right there. That's exactly where the KSU guy fell on it.

I just wish these guys would think for a second before they put their mouths in gear. You would like to think that somebody would point out their errors over the headset.

I agree with you 100% and to be honest, I thought I was the only one who was getting agitated by the stupidity of their comments.

I've noticed more and more often that the announcers, not only this game/network but, all sports broadcasts, have stopped describing the action on the playing field and instead, are voicing their opinions as to what was done wrong and what the player or coach should have done. LOL, just like, as if FGF posters were calling the action.

During the baseball playoffs, both FS1 & the MLB Network broadcasts were virtually ruined by know nothing talking heads. Obviously, I not talking about the John Smoltz's & Dennis Erickson's giving insight & situational analysis, I wanna hear what those professionals have to say. But assholes like the fat, red-headed, jerk on ESPN, who can't even keep his jacket buttoned without his gut falling out, have no business near a microphone, let alone giving their opinions of what should have been done.

I missed the play, but as described, I probably would have taken a knee with it in the end zone for a safety; better than giving up an easy touchdown. Depending on the score at the time and time left in the game, I might have to amend that option.

I missed the play, but as escribed, I probably would have taken a knee with it in the end zone for a safety; better than giving up an easy touchdown. Depending on the score at the time and time left in the game, I might have to amend that option.

I'll never forget Garcia throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone against Bama for a safety. That would have been a heads up play if Garcia was the punter, but it was only 1st down. He could have try to throw it away or at least taken the sack at the 2 yard line. The crowd was dumbstruck.

Reactions: DrMickey
Think most kickers are told to kick it out of the back of the end zone in that situation right?
Probably why the kicker was trying to scoop it, would be my guess.

Why the talking heads didn't think of that, well...a lot of them usually don't think much.
I really like watching the sky-cam on the watchespn app. Has a much better view of the entire field so you can watch WR's and the secondary.
Way better view and no audio.

Reactions: Judson1
Probably why the kicker was trying to scoop it, would be my guess.

Why the talking heads didn't think of that, well...a lot of them usually don't think much.
I really like watching the sky-cam on the watchespn app. Has a much better view of the entire field so you can watch WR's and the secondary.
Way better view and no audio.
Announcer in the FSU/Louisville game, after U of L scores to go up 21-14....”and Louisville takes a seven to nothing lead”. The guys and gals they assign to the noon kickoff games are terrible!

You gotta be a little weird to want to call football games anyway. I mean, what normal American male wants to talk all the way through a game instead of watch it?

I'll never forget Garcia throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone against Bama for a safety. That would have been a heads up play if Garcia was the punter, but it was only 1st down. He could have try to throw it away or at least taken the sack at the 2 yard line. The crowd was dumbstruck.
Probably a mild reaction compared to that of the coaches.

Probably a mild reaction compared to that of the coaches.

Garcia_Ousted_medium.gif

You gotta be a little weird to want to call football games anyway. I mean, what normal American male wants to talk all the way through a game instead of watch it?

Obviously, you are not married or your wife and mother-in-law would have already shown you how to do it ... and 5 years later remember, word-for-word, what was said.

I have to mute the sound when Troy Aikman is yakking. He talks in this overly excited voice ALL the time. There are a few I enjoy listening to. When a player does something dirty, they always say he didn't mean to do it. Yeah. Sure.

ADVERTISEMENT