ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Davis Announces De-Commitment From South Carolina

Should not surprise anyone with the comments Spurrier made this winter. This is his last year, maybe two at the most, and these recruits know it.

This will continue to happen and recruiting will suffer until Spurrier name's a coach in waiting. The kids are stupid, but the coaches recruiting them are not. You can bet every opposing coach is using his comments against him. I said this in January and got blasted. We have to do something or the program will suffer.
Should not surprise anyone with the comments Spurrier made this winter. This is his last year, maybe two at the most, and these recruits know it.

This kid committed way after that statement was made.....he is a UGA guy for goodness sake. It's been long known....

This will continue to happen and recruiting will suffer until Spurrier name's a coach in waiting. The kids are stupid, but the coaches recruiting them are not. You can bet every opposing coach is using his comments against him. I said this in January and got blasted. We have to do something or the program will suffer.

That was uncalled for. The Kids are not stupid. They try and make the best decision for them. In several cases of the gamecock decommits, the kids referenced the season as a contributing factor as well. Its funny, SEVERAL posters on this board mentioned a lack of coaching adjustments last year as being a huge source of frustration for your fan base. Why is it if a recruit sees it, there has to be outside negative influences? Remember, decommits happen all the time.

Reactions: na_alum
That was uncalled for. The Kids are not stupid. They try and make the best decision for them. In several cases of the gamecock decommits, the kids referenced the season as a contributing factor as well. Its funny, SEVERAL posters on this board mentioned a lack of coaching adjustments last year as being a huge source of frustration for your fan base. Why is it if a recruit sees it, there has to be outside negative influences? Remember, decommits happen all the time.

Does Dabo still drop commitments who take other visits? It's a crappy practice - if you're a recruit - but it seems to work well for the Klemron Empire!:)

Georgia?? don't we beat them on a fairly regular basis? I dislike liars no matter what their age. On the positive side, he didn't really want to be here, so I'm glad he's gone.

Kids are stupid, all of them, not just recuits tater. They're not mature enough to make decisions for themselves so they rely on "adults" to help them. Go back to ur own board tater, you clearly don't understand anything except incest up in der dem hills.

Why exactly are you bashing the kid and calling him stupid? It's his life, move on. We will be fine. This team and program are bigger than one kid. If he doesn't want to be here then so be it.

Georgia?? don't we beat them on a fairly regular basis? I dislike liars no matter what their age. On the positive side, he didn't really want to be here, so I'm glad he's gone.

We are 18-47-2 against UGA all-time, and Spurrier is only 5-5 against them during his tenure here. Not sure that's a "fairly regular basis."

Reactions: Clemson Goat
I wasn't bashing any one kid, I was saying ALL teenagers make poor decisions and rely on adults to help them make wise ones. Which is they are telling him he shouldn't go to USC bc Spurrier won't be there.
Why exactly are you bashing the kid and calling him stupid? It's his life, move on. We will be fine. This team and program are bigger than one kid. If he doesn't want to be here then so be it.
What don't you understand about that?

This is definitely Spurrier's last season, if he even finishes the season.

Give it a rest Todd. No on believes you are a gamecock fan.

really-gay-costume.jpg

man, there are way too many losers (or people with a loser mentality or trolls) on this board. Can we please let recruiting play out and chill. Again, kids change their minds.

More of the same, ho-hum, "we don't need recruiting because we have ME!" attitude from Steve Spurrier.

I look at my Washington Nationals and see them actively acquiring any and all talent they can. Just hoarding it. Then I look at our football team and see Spurrier just being completely lazy with recruiting and not doing everything possible to stockpile recruits.

Whatever. There's a DIRECT correlation between recruiting and national championships. Don't expect anything to change from a coach who has one foot out the door.

More of the same, ho-hum, "we don't need recruiting because we have ME!" attitude from Steve Spurrier.

I look at my Washington Nationals and see them actively acquiring any and all talent they can. Just hoarding it. Then I look at our football team and see Spurrier just being completely lazy with recruiting and not doing everything possible to stockpile recruits.

Whatever. There's a DIRECT correlation between recruiting and national championships. Don't expect anything to change from a coach who has one foot out the door.

You are absolutely right!!!!!

Kids are stupid, all of them, not just recuits tater. They're not mature enough to make decisions for themselves so they rely on "adults" to help them. Go back to ur own board tater, you clearly don't understand anything except incest up in der dem hills.
Fine, go ahead and call kis stupid.

one kid is not the program....its the mass exodous of so many in this past class and the feeling of "o no here we go again"

Somewhere at my beloved alma mater, I hope something is erected to celebrate 2010-2013. "What if this is as good as it gets?"

6 World Series in 10 years. 3 11-win seasons in a row in football. Let's be honest, it's not likely to get better than that.

Perhaps we will one day have a MEN'S basketball team that is not a dumpster fire. That would help level things out.

6 World Series in 10 years. 3 11-win seasons in a row in football. Let's be honest, it's not likely to get better than that.

Perhaps we will one day have a MEN'S basketball team that is not a dumpster fire. That would help level things out.
we had teams in basketball alot better than this one and we will again have teams better than this one in basketball....im not worried about the basketball team....i think thats getting better...baseball is a concern and the football team has me worried as well...spurrier should have treated that question the same way ure
wife asks "does this dress make me look fat"....HELL NO...no need to be honest..duh....lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT