ADVERTISEMENT

LA Clippers Dynasty?

There is no way the Clippers are better than the Lakers. LeBron and AD are better than Kawhi and George by any rationale. Kuzma is a Heck of a young baller. Rondo, Danny Greene, Cousins Jervale McGee can all play. Kentavius Caldwell Pope is a great defender that can score on occasions. What guard do the Clippers have that handle and pass better than LeBron?

Meh, I dunno. Time is finally catching up with Lebron, as he played in the fewest games of his career last year. Of course, he's still one of the best players in the league, but time always wins. This coming year will be his 17th in the league and he's already played 126 more regular season games than MJ. He's still a force, but Kawhi and Paul are in their prime at 28 and 29 years old.

When you break it all down, the Lakers, Clips and Nets all shake out pretty comparably, which is good for the league. Super Teams are fun to watch, but not really good for the overall betterment of the league

Kawhi's decision brought balance to the league.

Reactions: Brace1
A lot of people want to assume that the Lakers will always be the top team in LA and in the fans eyes they probably will but the Clippers have the richest owner in the NBA and they have Jerry West who was largely responsible for building the dynasties that the Lakers had in the past. I'll also take Doc Rivers over the Lakers coach and coach in waiting. How fast will LA pull the plug and make Jason Kidd the HC? There are still a lot of distractions within the Lakers organization. I liked the pick-up of Danny Green who is a great shooter and something they needed. However they missed out on Patrick Beverly who would have been an even better pick-up but guess where he's staying?

Reactions: Brace1
A lot of people want to assume that the Lakers will always be the top team in LA and in the fans eyes they probably will but the Clippers have the richest owner in the NBA and they have Jerry West who was largely responsible for building the dynasties that the Lakers had in the past. I'll also take Doc Rivers over the Lakers coach and coach in waiting. How fast will LA pull the plug and make Jason Kidd the HC? There are still a lot of distractions within the Lakers organization. I liked the pick-up of Danny Green who is a great shooter and something they needed. However they missed out on Patrick Beverly who would have been an even better pick-up but guess where he's staying?

Bwaahahaha! How many times have I heard that. No amount of money will vault the Clippers past the Lakers. Think of it like Alabama/Auburn. Doesn't matter what Auburn does. They will never be Alabama. The Clippers will always be second rate until they get out of Los Angeles.

Bwaahahaha! How many times have I heard that. No amount of money will vault the Clippers past the Lakers. Think of it like Alabama/Auburn. Doesn't matter what Auburn does. They will never be Alabama. The Clippers will always be second rate until they get out of Los Angeles.
No they will never pass the Lakers in popularity just like the Jets will never pass the Giants but that doesn’t mean the Clippers, can’t win championships and carve their own niche in Los Angeles. Steve Ballmer Is serious about winning and right now he has more balance in his organization then the Lakers.

Reactions: funktavious
No they will never pass the Lakers in popularity just like the Jets will never pass the Giants but that doesn’t mean the Clippers, can’t win championships and carve their own niche in Los Angeles. Steve Ballmer Is serious about winning and right now he has more balance in his organization then the Lakers.

this prisoner of the moment jargon is the exact same rhetoric tossed around when Chris Paul and Blake Griffin were running that lob city scam. This Clippers roster is just the new great hope to be drowned by oceans of Laker yore. The Clippers might win a title one day in the distant future. One day the sun will explode. Balmer must accept reality and get his team a home of their own. The Clippers will never be a big deal in L.A.

this prisoner of the moment jargon is the exact same rhetoric tossed around when Chris Paul and Blake Griffin were running that lob city scam. This Clippers roster is just the new great hope to be drowned by oceans of Laker yore. The Clippers might win a title one day in the distant future. One day the sun will explode. Balmer must accept reality and get his team a home of their own. The Clippers will never be a big deal in L.A.
Didn’t I just say they would never be as big as the Lakers? I’m sure that’s what I said! I’m no prisoner of the moment-I’ve been watching professional Basketball since the mid 70’s, so I’m not a new jack or some fair weathered fan here. I know the full history of the Lakers and the Clippers, and just because the Clippers share a home with the Lakers doesn’t mean they can’t overtake them this year. Hey they’ve actually been better than the Lakers for a while now and I don’t see it changing anytime soon., The Lakers can’t beat the Clippers in a 7 game series and I believe that 100 percent. Let’s look at the Lakers roster it’s hilarious when you think about it lol..
Rajon Rondo-Old
Danny Green-Goofy
Lebron James-Old and Tired
Anthony Davis-Fragile
Javale McGhee-Stupid
Kyle Kuzma-Decent
Quinn Cook-Trash
Jared Dudley-Trash
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope-Trash
Demarcus Cousins-Damaged Goods
Avery Bradley-Injury Prone

Didn’t I just say they would never be as big as the Lakers? I’m sure that’s what I said! I’m no prisoner of the moment-I’ve been watching professional Basketball since the mid 70’s, so I’m not a new jack or some fair weathered fan here. I know the full history of the Lakers and the Clippers, and just because the Clippers share a home with the Lakers doesn’t mean they can’t overtake them this year. Hey they’ve actually been better than the Lakers for a while now and I don’t see it changing anytime soon., The Lakers can’t beat the Clippers in a 7 game series and I believe that 100 percent. Let’s look at the Lakers roster it’s hilarious when you think about it lol..
Rajon Rondo-Old
Danny Green-Goofy
Lebron James-Old and Tired
Anthony Davis-Fragile
Javale McGhee-Stupid
Kyle Kuzma-Decent
Quinn Cook-Trash
Jared Dudley-Trash
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope-Trash
Demarcus Cousins-Damaged Goods
Avery Bradley-Injury Prone
The Clippers could win the West and ultimately the title, however you could write a narrative that is negative for every player in their rotation as well.

Kawhi: Fragile. Knees have to be load managed.

PG13: Coming off surgery to both shoulders. Tendency to not come through in the clutch.

Patrick Beverly: Great defender that has had problems with his knees. Missed significant time in Houston and two years ago in LA.

Landry Shamet: Young. Is he ready for prime time

Lou Williams: Has been great as a Sixth Man, but he is as old as LeBron.

Montrezl Harrell: Nice young big, but will probably have to move into the starting lineup now,

Ivica Zubac: Showed promise with the Lakers and Clippers, but going up against AD is a mismatch right now.

If take a look at the duos of both teams. You have to give the Lakers the edge. AD has been consistently better than Paul George. Further, LeBron averaged more points, rebounds, and assists while having a higher FG% than Kawhi despite being old and tired. Finally, I am not sure that Clippers supporting cast is better the Lakers. Clippers will be good, but they won't be a super team like the Warriors of 15-19. These teams are sort of even and will have to fight it out with other good teams in the West (Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz, etc.).

Reactions: lawcalcock
The Clippers could win the West and ultimately the title, however you could write a narrative that is negative for every player in their rotation as well.

Kawhi: Fragile. Knees have to be load managed.

PG13: Coming off surgery to both shoulders. Tendency to not come through in the clutch.

Patrick Beverly: Great defender that has had problems with his knees. Missed significant time in Houston and two years ago in LA.

Landry Shamet: Young. Is he ready for prime time

Lou Williams: Has been great as a Sixth Man, but he is as old as LeBron.

Montrezl Harrell: Nice young big, but will probably have to move into the starting lineup now,

Ivica Zubac: Showed promise with the Lakers and Clippers, but going up against AD is a mismatch right now.

If take a look at the duos of both teams. You have to give the Lakers the edge. AD has been consistently better than Paul George. Further, LeBron averaged more points, rebounds, and assists while having a higher FG% than Kawhi despite being old and tired. Finally, I am not sure that Clippers supporting cast is better the Lakers. Clippers will be good, but they won't be a super team like the Warriors of 15-19. These teams are sort of even and will have to fight it out with other good teams in the West (Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz, etc.).
The teams are close in talent but where I give the Clippers the edge is defense. This unit has the potential to be one of the best defenses in NBA history and many experts agree with that. As far as AD goes he is a mismatch problem but I believe the Clippers defense will slow him down, and Kawhi can slow down Lebron as he showed in the 2014 finals, and that was against a prime Lebron James. I think the Klaw definitely slows down this version of James.

Reactions: funktavious
Just read a story about how Kawhi Leonard and Paul George were lightly drafted ouf of high school, played for mid major colleges and drafted in the middle of the first round into the NBA. Doc Rivers seems to be a very good coach, though admittedly I don't follow the NBA enough to know this. I'm mostly excited for Sindarius, and hope this new team chemistry parlays into something special for all of them.

Clippers Dynasty = Oxymoron

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT