ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Gamecocks...

Agreed. I like how they are focused and not letting the UConn loss hurt us. A solid win tonight will say a lot about the Tenn game. It will mean they are not looking ahead but taking care of business. I'll be watching.

Current SEC record: 12-0. In any other conference USC would . . .

already be regular season champs, but not in the tough ole SEC, oh noooo.

Our women's teams have not been called "Lady Gamecocks" for many years. They are "Gamecocks".

Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:
Our women's teams have not been called "Lady Gamecocks" for many years. They are "Gamecocks".
What are you going to do? Call the PC police?

"Lady Gamecocks" seems perfectly acceptable to me. After all, there are female bulldogs and female tigers, but there are no female gamecocks. I can't think of a more masculine animal than the gamecock.

You know what. DAMNED these ladies are good... The other team makes a run, then they step up and stomp it out.... Was UCONN a "Good" loss?? I never want a loss, but this may be a blessing in disguise, I didnt want them heading into the post season undefeated, that is for sure, so a loss at UCONN,probably is best possible scenario.. Rematch vs UCONN at neutral site... sweeeet..

Originally posted by DarkCock:
Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:
What are you going to do? Call the PC police?

"Lady Gamecocks" seems perfectly acceptable to me. After all, there are female bulldogs and female tigers, but there are no female gamecocks. I can't think of a more masculine animal than the gamecock.
"Lady Gamecocks" works for me only if we refer to the mens' teams as "Gentleman Gamecocks."

Lady refers to the gender difference on the teams unless you're saying there is no difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT