ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin: the ultimate cheat code for offenses

JamesRob

May 31, 2012
SEC Nation produced an excellent segment on Lane Kiffin this AM. Blake Sims called Lane the ultimate cheat code (like on a video game) for offenses.

Some of the Ole Miss players said Lane is like having a 12th man on the field, his real time audibles (based on the defense) are legendary.

When I say we need a disruptor at USC, Lane is exhibit #1. Man, I’d love to have that dude in Cola.

SEC Nation produced an excellent segment on Lane Kiffin this AM. Blake Sims called Lane the ultimate cheat code (like on a video game) for offenses.

Some of the Ole Miss players said Lane is like having a 12th man on the field, his real time audibles (based on the defense) are legendary.

When I say we need a disruptor at USC, Lane is exhibit #1. Man, I’d love to have that dude in Cola.
Be careful, or you might offend our fans who would rather lose than admit Kiffin is a great Head Football coach. Those fans seem to think we are too good for him.

Give Lane time to fail just like you have to give guys time to prove themselves. If you haven't noticed, when you end up with a first rounder at QB, you end up looking great as a team. Use TaterU as example 1. Watch what does Lane does next year if he has an avg QB by chance.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Ole Miss is happy to have him, but he won't be there long. We'd have the same problem if he was our HC. He might last three years before heading off to greener pastures. And if you're a place like UTjr, he may just slip away in the dark of night.

Worth it? I'd say no.

Reactions: caughtlookin
we would never hire Lane, too controversial. Maybe if the entire BOT gets replaced and the AD is cleaned out, until then Beamer is what we have for at least 5 years.

Give Lane time to fail just like you have to give guys time to prove themselves. If you haven't noticed, when you end up with a first rounder at QB, you end up looking great as a team. Use TaterU as example 1. Watch what does Lane does next year if he has an avg QB by chance.
Or in 2023 when he might have the #1 recruited QB in the nation in Arch Manning.

Reactions: JamesRob
Or in 2023 when he might have the #1 recruited QB in the nation in Arch Manning.
That kid may end up great, but he'll need at least a year to be able to physically survive the SEC. Two year of avg QB play could get you fired in the SEC if there's a big enough gap between this year and Manning being ready to be All American.

That kid may end up great, but he'll need at least a year to be able to physically survive the SEC. Two year of avg QB play could get you fired in the SEC if there's a big enough gap between this year and Manning being ready to be All American.
Ole Miss is not going to fire Lane after next year.

Ole Miss is happy to have him, but he won't be there long. We'd have the same problem if he was our HC. He might last three years before heading off to greener pastures. And if you're a place like UTjr, he may just slip away in the dark of night.

Worth it? I'd say no.
We are irrelevant right now, I’d take 3 years of national run and winning. Other programs trying to poach your coach is a good problem, means you are winning.

We are irrelevant right now, I’d take 3 years of national run and winning. Other programs trying to poach your coach is a good problem, means you are winning.

We don't want to be shopping for a new coach every three years.

There's good reason why Kiffin was never a candidate for us...and that extends beyond the personal issues. The TN saga says it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT