ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Fedora

Feb 28, 2012
His name is all over another site for a possible hire.....that makes me want to puke. He would not even be on a list if I was looking for a coach.

Heath was also talking about a P5 coach with a proven track record that had been contacted and said coach didn't say no. Not sure if this was who he was talking about or not, but if it is...

Reactions: greenwavecock
My guess is Heath was talking about Dan Mullen. I know he covered both Fedora and Mullen when he was in Florida. I assume Heath's info is coming from the coach's camp and not Tanner's. Otherwise, why wouldn't Heath just name the coach?

We can rag on Fedora all you want but if we are going to follow the coaching "checklist" that so many cite as the litmus test used by Coach Tanner to hire the next coach than it appears that Fedora meets and beats Herman. Both are 10-1; one right now is playing for a conference Championship; TBD for Herman; both are "offensive minds;" both are supposedly very good recruiters with Fedora having more time and experience under his belt both as a recruiter and HC than Herman.

Last edited:
We can rag on Fedora all you want but if we are going to follow the coaching "checklist" that so mant cite as the litmus test used by Coach Tanner to hire the next coach than it appears that Fedora meets and beats Herman. Both are 10-1; one right now is playing for a conference Championship; TBD for Herman; both are "offensive minds;" both are supposedly very good recruiters with Fedora having more time and experience under his belt both as a recruiter and HC than Herman.
It's also worth noting that this isn't Larry Fedora's first rodeo as a head coach. North Carolina hired him from Southern Miss after he took the Golden Eagles their first 12-win season and a win over Houston in the C-USA championship game.

His name is all over another site for a possible hire.....that makes me want to puke. He would not even be on a list if I was looking for a coach.

Heath was also talking about a P5 coach with a proven track record that had been contacted and said coach didn't say no. Not sure if this was who he was talking about or not, but if it is...

If Larry Fedora is looking to come here or just leaving UNCarolina, then that mean the hammer maybe coming down on UNCarolina...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Fedora

It's also worth noting that this isn't Larry Fedora's first rodeo as a head coach. North Carolina hired him from Southern Miss after he took the Golden Eagles their first 12-win season and a win over Houston in the C-USA championship game.
This is correct. Also why I'm very against a Herman move for our HC. There have been hundreds of Fedoras come and go. They burn out. We need someone with staying power and intent.

Yeah, but....that's a concern as well. Ellis Johnson went 0-12 the next season. The coach who replaced EJ, Todd Monken, went 1-11 his first year. This year he has them up to 8-3. Obviously, Monken can coach and we know EJ can. It appears Fedora left the cupboard completely bare.

It's also a bit of a concern that it took Fedora 4 seasons to win the awful ACC Coastal. And, of course, there this: UNC lost to us this year.

This is correct. Also why I'm very against a Herman move for our HC. There have been hundreds of Fedoras come and go. They burn out. We need someone with staying power and intent.
DB31, did you mean hundreds of Hermans? I'm assuming from your first statement about being against Herman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT