ADVERTISEMENT

Last song you heard that made an emotional impact

I know this is an old song, and it was when my son was born, but I had the same reaction to this song you did to that one the first time I heard it when we brought him home from the hospital. I’d heard it thousands of times before and never thought twice about but even now it still gets me.

Last edited:
This song captures how I feel about the community I grew up in. But this guy seems to be singing directly to me on several songs.

Last edited:
Old Waylon Jennings , back in the 70s. I used to stand up yes stand up in the dad's truck. Listening to 8-tracks of Waylon

Reactions: Dizzy01
Hear a lot of songs in church....the worship music is pretty formulary, but thus one really sticks with me. Terrific lyrics, powerful.

The last one that REALLY moved me was "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. It was my mother's favorite song and my cousin sang it at mom's funeral in 2018. Tore me up. No idea how my cousin was able to do it as she and mom were pretty close too.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I know this is an old song, and it was when my son was born, but I had the same reaction to this song you did to that one the first time I heard it when we brought him home from the hospital. I’d heard it thousands of times before and never thought twice about but even now it still gets me.
Vince Gill - "Go Rest High On That Mountain". Caution: you may need grief counseling after listening to this one.

This is an old song but damn this one came on my Spotify channel a few weeks ago and i lost it . Lost my Grandfather this year and it made me think of my Grandmother . They celebrated their 70th Anniversary last year . What y’all got ??

Seeing him and Amanda tonight in Charleston. As to your query, I'll go with this one.

In His Time by the Booth Brothers. My wife and I went for an ultrasound on Tuesday of this week. This would be our first child. Found out that she was measuring at 6 weeks and 1 day when she should have been at 9 weeks and 3 days. With getting over Covid, have an exam that I need to pass that I've not passed, and just life, that wasn't the news we were wanting to hear at all. Needless to say it's been a very emotional week for us. A friend that works with me told me about this song and it hit me hard.

Goodby Old Friend - Linda Ronstadt. Also written and performed by (a criminally underrated)songwriter Karla Bonoff. One of the most moving songs you are ever likely to hear.

The song is about the loss of someone close. I am literally brought to tears every time I hear this song.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockn'fyr
This is an old song but damn this one came on my Spotify channel a few weeks ago and i lost it . Lost my Grandfather this year and it made me think of my Grandmother . They celebrated their 70th Anniversary last year . What y’all got ??

This song is simply amazing. Jason may be the best songwriter we have right now.

Not the last song that made me emotional (I'll have to think about that), but this one always gets me. The feeling of loneliness in this song is overwhelming.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Song my dad always said made him think of Mom.

My 'babies' are now 21 (22 next week) and 18. 😭 This song is so true - gets me right in the feels!

Go on YouTube and find the video where "Echoes" is synched with the Jupiter section of the movie "2001". It fits perfectly and is quite the trip.

Dang I definitely gotta check that out . “Echoes” Is just an incredibly good track . Gotta say I feel like I’ve somewhat succeeded as a parent when “Animals” is my 18 year old daughters favorite record , when her friends are listening to lil Yachty and Cardi B . Brings a little smile to me face .

The Living Years
Mike + The Mechanics
Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door
I know that I'm a prisoner
To all my Father held so dear
I know that I'm a hostage
To all his hopes and fears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years
Oh, crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got
You say you just don't see it
He says it's perfect sense
You just can't get agreement
In this present tense
We all talk a different language
Talking in defence
Say it loud (say it loud), say it clear (oh say it clear)
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late (it's too late) when we die (oh when we die)
To admit we don't see eye to eye
So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts
So don't yield to the fortunes
You sometimes see as fate
It may have a new perspective
On a different day
And if you don't give up, and don't give in
You may just be okay
So say it loud, say it clear (oh say it clear)
Because it's too late, it's too late (it's too late) when we die (oh when we die)
I wasn't there that morning
When my Father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say
I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years
Say it loud, say it clear (oh say it clear)
It's too late (it's too late) when we die (it's too late when we die)
So say it, say it, say it loud (say it loud)
Say it clear (come on say it clear)

Dang I definitely gotta check that out . “Echoes” Is just an incredibly good track . Gotta say I feel like I’ve somewhat succeeded as a parent when “Animals” is my 18 year old daughters favorite record , when her friends are listening to lil Yachty and Cardi B . Brings a little smile to me face .
"Animals" is amazing and criminally underrated, and it's great that your daughter recognizes that. While my 15-year-old does like her pop music, she also likes Jason Isbell and Avett Brothers, and I managed to get her to go to a Isbell/Frank Turner show with me a couple of years back.

I saw him on the hill the other dayyyyyy!
The reverend DR. Carl Pathos from The Hour of Power

This song was played at a funeral that I presided over. It was the most moving experience I have ever been a part of.

When you think of a loved one that had passed from this earth this should be your go to song.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT