Feb 10, 2006
Georgia................4 - 0...................... 7 - 0
Kentucky..............2 - 1....................... 5 - 1
South Carolina...3 - 2........................ 5- 2
Florida.................3 - 2....................... 3 - 3
Tennessee..........0 - 3........................ 3 - 3
Vanderbilt...........0 - 4........................ 3 - 4
Missouri.............0 - 4......................... 1 - 5

Boy, I would not have predicted that Vandy, Tenn and Missouri would be a combined 0 - 11 in SEC play at this point in the season.

Kentucky has a favorable schedule left with Miss. State, Tenn., Ole Miss., Vandy, and UGA. I could honestly see them going 4-1 if things shake out in their favor, but then again, they could have a couple of bad games and end up 2-3.

There is no telling with UK's team what they will do.

Kentucky has a favorable schedule left with Miss. State, Tenn., Ole Miss., Vandy, and UGA. I could honestly see them going 4-1 if things shake out in their favor, but then again, they could have a couple of bad games and end up 2-3.

Kentucky will lose at least 2 more conference games. UGA obviously, and no way they run the table against the rest.

They will lose at Miss State and against UGA.

Don't lose sight of Kentucky having only played 3 conference games. We have been through the grind already and played 5 going into the break. We didn't have the luxury of depth either. They will lose more. And Southern Miss, EKU and Eastern Michigan make up 3 of their wins. IF we win two more league games Champ should be the coach of the year.

Georgia................4 - 0...................... 7 - 0
Kentucky..............2 - 1....................... 5 - 1
South Carolina...3 - 2........................ 5- 2
Florida.................3 - 2....................... 3 - 3
Tennessee..........0 - 3........................ 3 - 3
Vanderbilt...........0 - 4........................ 3 - 4
Missouri.............0 - 4......................... 1 - 5

Boy, I would not have predicted that Vandy, Tenn and Missouri would be a combined 0 - 11 in SEC play at this point in the season.
I thought Vandy was going to be better than that this year. Oh well, same thing happened last year

Reactions: bloody spur
Don't lose sight of Kentucky having only played 3 conference games. We have been through the grind already and played 5 going into the break. We didn't have the luxury of depth either. They will lose more. And Southern Miss, EKU and Eastern Michigan make up 3 of their wins. IF we win two more league games Champ should be the coach of the year.
The better Kentucky finishes, the better we look

Kentucky will lose at least 2 more conference games. UGA obviously, and no way they run the table against the rest.
I think they lose to UGa but will run table or lets just agree they should run the table. They are better than every team left except UGA.

Reactions: zekew1

Kentucky has dodged bullets all year long. They can't keep doing that and being successful.

Agreed with most that UK loses to UGA and MSU. Wouldn’t be surprised if they lose to Vandy either. The way they have played so far, they could finish 10-2 or they can finish 7-5. Likely somewhere in between but you don’t know which UK team you will see from week to week.

Anyway, we still a shot to win the East although I’m not ready to get my hopes up. If we win out, we would need UGA to lose one more time and UK twice. Or UGA loses to Auburn and beats a one-loss UK team, forcing a three-way tie in the East.

In that scenario, UK would be eliminated due to their two division losses (UF, UGA) compared to one for USC (UK) and UGA (USC). And we would go to Atlanta over UGA due to the win in Athens.

Same thing if UGA were to lose to Florida and us. But we still go due to 5-1 division record compared to 4-2 for UGA and UK.

Again, not getting my hopes up and ALOT would have to happen but we’re not out of it.

Won't you feel a little like "Oh Crap" if we win the rest of our SEC games to finish 6-2 ahead of GA & FL only to be looking up at KY who also finished 6-2 and gets the nod to Atlanta? Will that make us look better? I say screw KY. I hope they lose to MSU this weekend and implode against TN or Vandy. If we finish 6-2 with a victory at Ga we will not need any help from KY to "look good."

Last edited:

I've gone back and forth on this idea. I agree but then think if we beat Fl and Ky goes 2-3 to wrap up conf play, then we finish 2nd in the East. I believe Boom wins SEC COTY at that point and would do us a lot of good recruiting wise and in terms of national perception. However, if Ky doesn't lose three... then I'd rather them not lose any at all. lol... tough one.

I've gone back and forth on this idea. I agree but then think if we beat Fl and Ky goes 2-3 to wrap up conf play, then we finish 2nd in the East. I believe Boom wins SEC COTY at that point and would do us a lot of good recruiting wise and in terms of national perception. However, if Ky doesn't lose three... then I'd rather them not lose any at all. lol... tough one.
KY has a better than average chance to lose this Sat at Miss State. Ole Miss has at least a 50/50 chance against KY in two weeks if Tenn doesn't get their act together against the Mildcats in Lexintgon on 10/28. I am certain GA has a better team than KY and has a 90% chance to beat KY in Athens on Nov 18. So screw KY!

KY has a better than average chance to lose this Sat at Miss State. Ole Miss has at least a 50/50 chance against KY in two weeks if Tenn doesn't get their act together against the Mildcats in Lexintgon on 10/28. I am certain GA has a better team than KY and has a 90% chance to beat KY in Athens on Nov 18. So screw KY!

I with ya all the way man. That'd be perfect... I think we definitely have the ability to go 2-1 to wrap up conference play. Finishing 2nd in the East with a minimum 8 Ws.. the perception of Boom would be shifting quickly.

Reactions: shagginrooster
Won't you feel a little like "Oh Crap" if we win the rest of our SEC games to finish 5-2 ahead of GA & FL only to be looking up at KY who also finished 5-2 and gets the nod to Atlanta? Will that make us look better? I say screw KY. I hope they lose to MSU this weekend and implode against TN or Vandy. If we finish 5-2 with a victory at Ga we will not need any help from KY to "look good."
5-2 is not possible since we play 8 conference games.

I thought Vandy was going to be better than that this year. Oh well, same thing happened last year
Each year Mason has been the HC at Vandy the media has got ape over him. Some even predicting him to be in the head to head race for the east. Last year they had them as 10 points favorites over us, seen how that ended up. Each year has proven the media to be wrong. Vandy is just Vandy. The media will do the same next year because they want to see Mason stay at Vandy. I hope he does remain as their HC. I was glad to see Franklin leave because he was putting Vandy on the map.

Won't you feel a little like "Oh Crap" if we win the rest of our SEC games to finish 6-2 ahead of GA & FL only to be looking up at KY who also finished 6-2 and gets the nod to Atlanta? Will that make us look better? I say screw KY. I hope they lose to MSU this weekend and implode against TN or Vandy. If we finish 6-2 with a victory at Ga we will not need any help from KY to "look good."
I definitely think it behooves Carolina for UK to be decent. The loss wouldn't be considered so bad if they were 5-3. We would beat them in the standings and it would help come bowl selection time..

So you are pulling for KY to lose this weekend at MSU???
Nah, with the way Carolina plays, there's only room for them, everyone else is on their own.
I'm just saying if UK had a good season (and finished below us in the standings), it wouldn't hurt with bowl selection as bad as losing to, I don't know, maybe Syracuse. :rolleyes:

Except they are in our division. Plus, I just can't see myself ever pulling for a KY team who has beaten us 4 years in a row. If we can't win the East, then finishing second would be quite an accomplishment on its own. Screw KY. If we finish 2nd in the East (long shot at winning it outright), then no one will care how well KY fared this past season.

Nah, with the way Carolina plays, there's only room for them, everyone else is on their own.
I'm just saying if UK had a good season (and finished below us in the standings), it wouldn't hurt with bowl selection as bad as losing to, I don't know, maybe Syracuse. :rolleyes:
The key to your statement here is "(and finished below us in the standings)". KY must lose 3 SEC games this year for us to have a chance to finish above them in the SEC standings. Three SEC losses for KY starts this weekend at Miss State, Go Dawgs!

The key to your statement here is "(and finished below us in the standings)". KY must lose 3 SEC games this year for us to have a chance to finish above them in the SEC standings. Three SEC losses for KY starts this weekend at Miss State, Go Dawgs!
Ideal scenario is for UK to lose to Miss State and UGA, UGA lose to us and Auburn, and for us to win out...SEC east Champs.
tenor.gif

Ideal scenario is for UK to lose to Miss State and UGA, UGA lose to us and Auburn, and for us to win out...SEC east Champs.
tenor.gif
Heck Lake, I would be satisfied if we did finish 6-2 in the conference, beat uga and let uga finish 7-1 and let uga take their chances in Atlanta with Bama. We would get plenty of great press and be in line for a really good bowl game. Let Boom and Co keep recruiting!

Reactions: Lakecock1
Win out and hope that uga takes a loss against auburn. We need uk to to have 3 sec losses.

I would love to finish the season 2nd in the East. Not sure if we can end up jumping Kentucky, but it would be a major step in the right direction and a huge accomplishment for Muschamp and this team.
Kentucky may not win another game the rest of the season... Good and bad, good cause it helps us in the SEC, bad cause that loss looks even worse when you look at our SOS. A loss to TAM isn't as detrimental at this point, they are playing very well after that opening game.

Reactions: gamecockCPA11
Smart is going to get coach of the year if not Stoops.

Kentucky may not win another game the rest of the season... Good and bad, good cause it helps us in the SEC, bad cause that loss looks even worse when you look at our SOS. A loss to TAM isn't as detrimental at this point, they are playing very well after that opening game.
SOS is much more important in basketball and baseball for seeding purposes than it is in football. Most bowl games have conference tie ins and USUALLY the team with the best overall record is selected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT