ADVERTISEMENT

Leach already in hot water at Mississippi State

Yeah, imagine being upset that a white millionaire coach posted a drawing of something that historically has specifically been used for racial intimidation (and worse) of black people in the American South, especially Mississippi with its troubled history of racial issues, murders, lynchings.

the nerve of those people being offended by such an innocent thing

I’m not saying fire him but it was an ignorant, insensitive thing to do.

No matter the context, for many Americans the image of a noose is never appropriate and that’s particularly true in the South and in Mississippi.

“A friend, an African-American man old enough to remember life in the segregated South, once told me of the connotation a noose has for him: “I see that and I hear, ‘This is what we’re going to do to you.’ ”

I wonder if folks just don’t ever consider how someone else might feel about such a polarizing symbol, a symbol that might have been used to illegally murder someone in their family tree. You have to be some special dumb to post something like that.

heck, half the people on this forum whine and complain when their Clemson neighbor flies a Clemson flag on their car in the summer but call people who are offended by a symbol with clear negative racial connotations as too sensitive.

Tell all that to the relatives of Betty. Clair Cain. They will all get a real chuckle out of it.

You've got to his the sweet spot. That's the trick. If you don't go back far enough or if you go too far back, you find that nooses have been used to kill lots of people outside of lynchings.
A noose is used to hang PEOPLE. Thats its purpose. If a noose is racist then outlaws, Indians, Joe Kidd, Saddam Hussain, Adolph Eichmann all should be offended.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I think you might have to buy the man dinner. I am 53. Went to school in the first year of integration. A high school classmate of mine was lynched for dating a white girl. People just don't understand that there'was still remnants of this going on into the 70's and early 80's. Not that long ago.

That’s right and during that time there was no black on white killings. Nothing like the Five Points/Uber incident.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Never understood the desire by some for Leach here. All offense and no defense. Wins some but not a big winner. That being said, this year is "make or break" for Muschamp. Better be a Top 25 program at worst or, be gone.

Never understood the desire by some for Leach here. All offense and no defense. Wins some but not a big winner. That being said, this year is "make or break" for Muschamp. Better be a Top 25 program at worst or, be gone.

I'm with you on Leach. Never saw what all the excitement was about. Is he better than Muschamp probably yes but he is not the coach we need to carry us to the promise land.

Reactions: USC75Grad
I'm with you on Leach. Never saw what all the excitement was about. Is he better than Muschamp probably yes but he is not the coach we need to carry us to the promise land.

I like Muschamp. While I realize it's early, I'm underwhelmed by his 2021 recruiting thus far. If he has a "so-so" 2020 season on the field, we will compete with Vanderbilt for recruits. If we have to make a change, I hope we go after Central Florida's Josh Heupel.

Is he Saban, or Meyer? No. But not sure why you see no value in him. The man won in Lubbock, Texas, and Pullman, Washington. Hardly shingle schools that recruit themselves. Have you ever been to either of those towns? I have not been to Pullman but have been to Lubbock. Let's just say I'd have to have precious few options to live in that desolate place if I was being receuited.And he has won at a fairly impressive rate at both places. Not to mention being the most entertaining coach in the game. Yea, I'd take him in a minute.

As far as the deal with the noose? I saw the tweet. Nothing racist about it. Thought it was funny as hell. Per usual with lefty academia, it is political correctness run amok.

Is he Saban, or Meyer? No. But not sure why you see no value in him. The man won in Lubbock, Texas, and Pullman, Washington. Hardly shingle schools that recruit themselves. Have you ever been to either of those towns? I have not been to Pullman but have been to Lubbock. Let's just say I'd have to have precious few options to live in that desolate place if I was being receuited.And he has won at a fairly impressive rate at both places. Not to mention being the most entertaining coach in the game. Yea, I'd take him in a minute.

As far as the deal with the noose? I saw the tweet. Nothing racist about it. Thought it was funny as hell. Per usual with lefty academia, it is political correctness run amok.

But, did Leach ever win a Conference Title in the Big XII or Pac 12? I don't think he did. If he couldn't win a Conference Title in those leagues he sure can't win one is the SEC. That is basically what I'm saying, so do we want another coach that we know can't win a Conference Championship.

I would agree with you on the tweeter joke.

I like Muschamp. While I realize it's early, I'm underwhelmed by his 2021 recruiting thus far. If he has a "so-so" 2020 season on the field, we will compete with Vanderbilt for recruits. If we have to make a change, I hope we go after Central Florida's Josh Heupel.

I'm fine with that choice. At least someone that is a proven winner on some level of college football.

Is he Saban, or Meyer? No. But not sure why you see no value in him.
He's a good offensive coach...but go look at some of his locker room "talks". He's a weird condescending prick that you want to slap. Maybe people will figure this out and be glad he's not at USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT