ADVERTISEMENT

Let me break it down for some of y'all

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
We won! We never trailed that I remember, we were underdogs in the game. NC State threw it a ton because they couldn't run the ball against our front. Y'all called the defense still weak but it was the defense who won the game over A GOOD WOLFPACK TEAM. We had a kickoff for a TD and out coached them in the 2nd half and had 4 sacks. Our OL played well against who some call the best DL in the land and if you can't see that then I can't help ya....lol. We will come home 2-0.

Break it down.
giphy.gif

We won! We never trailed that I remember, we were underdogs in the game. NC State threw it a ton because they couldn't run the ball against our front. Y'all called the defense still weak but it was the defense who won the game over A GOOD WOLFPACK TEAM. We had a kickoff for a TD and out coached them in the 2nd half and had 4 sacks. Our OL played well against who some call the best DL in the land and if you can't see that then I can't help ya....lol. We will come home 2-0.
The DL is better and the LBs are healthy. But the depth of those two units is thin. Most of the DBs are still weak and ineffective. We gave up over 500 today, mostly through the air. You don't often win after doing that. But the offense was good enough for 5 TDs. The D had something to do with that but they didn't score them.

The Cocks are a lot easier to watch this year for sure there is obvious growth, but we are still a couple of good recruiting classes away from being close to what we were. I don't normally say much about players, but J King cannot play the ball very well.

I still believe NCState is a very good team that is going to cause some teams trouble in their division. Their QB was putting some passes right on the number to some tall experienced receivers. It wasn't just our DBs being weeks. We played off a lot it seemed, but there were times we were playing great coverage and still got beat. I think time will show what a huge win this was.

The DL is better and the LBs are healthy. But the depth of those two units is thin. Most of the DBs are still weak and ineffective. We gave up over 500 today, mostly through the air. You don't often win after doing that. But the offense was good enough for 5 TDs. The D had something to do with that but they didn't score them.
I honestly want to know how much headsetgate had to do with that.

If we really played them that close in the 1st half without being able to communicate with coaches in the booth and having a chance to go into halftime with a lead, that really is impressive and the staff deserves credit. That's a huge unexpected disadvantage that could have easily put us in a deep enough hole that we couldn't recover from.

Reactions: gamecockblack
I still believe NCState is a very good team that is going to cause some teams trouble in their division. Their QB was putting some passes right on the number to some tall experienced receivers. It wasn't just our DBs being weeks. We played off a lot it seemed, but there were times we were playing great coverage and still got beat. I think time will show what a huge win this was.
We definitely showed improvement in some areas. How much we will be improved, only time will tell.

In the words of one famous philosophical coach..."We're not where we want to be, we're not where we're going to be, but thank goodness we're not where we used to be"!!!

Right but they thew what 60 times?

Reactions: TheReelEss
The Cocks are a lot easier to watch this year for sure there is obvious growth, but we are still a couple of good recruiting classes away from being close to what we were. I don't normally say much about players, but J King cannot play the ball very well.
That game was easy for you to watch?

Dayum...just dayum

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES (I agree with you)

What if a UFO landed on the field and ugly azzes orange wolveapotamus ran out on the field and ate all the footballs?

Let's stick to relevance please.

Relevance is in the context.

Uhhhh....I'm not the one who is trying to say that running back the opening kickoff for a touchdown was a negative. My post was in response to that idea. Pretty foolish if you ask me. I was only pointing out that had we not run it back for a touchdown and had driven down the field and scored that would have been even better from the standpoint that clock would have run and their defense would have been tired.
But you post whatever you want.

Yes, much easier to watch (not saying that game was comfortable to watch). I may be in the minority here, and that's okay, but we just seemed so out of sync most of last year it became frustrating to watch. That includes the games we won. I guess it was easier because you could see areas of improvement.

I honestly want to know how much headsetgate had to do with that.

If we really played them that close in the 1st half without being able to communicate with coaches in the booth and having a chance to go into halftime with a lead, that really is impressive and the staff deserves credit. That's a huge unexpected disadvantage that could have easily put us in a deep enough hole that we couldn't recover from.
state couldnt use theirs either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT