ADVERTISEMENT

Let them talk...

wbit

Jan 5, 2004
USA Today

Clemson and Dabo got full half page in USA today to celebrate new class and the what it means to the future! We got some work to do it appears. The full list of the top 25 was not listed. Did we make the top 25?

Re: USA Today

That's all I heard on the radio hear in Charlotte and read about in the Charlotte Observer this morning. I really hope we hear about staff changes on the recruting side. It seems we are a footnote when it comes to recruiting coverage.

Winners & Losers on the Rivals Main Page? Of the 5 teams mentioned as Losers. Well, you take a guess. Players these days take notice of these things.

While we signed a solid class, we have to find a way to broaden our base get some of these elite players outside of the state. We had two players rated in Top 10 for their positions. We have to do better. Do we even offer the 5-stars outside the state?
This post was edited on 2/5 7:55 AM by sanfordcock

I seem to remember what happened to us last year when we talked and had all that hype. Clemson is talking and getting a ton of hype.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18.

Let's just keep our mouths shut, and fly under the radar and just surprise everybody next year in a good way.

Good for them! Personally we need to worry about South Carolina and the rest will take care of itself!

Originally posted by Clevercock3:
Good for them! Personally we need to worry about South Carolina and the rest will take care of itself!
Yeah, that's a good saying and all but we can also learn from our opponents.

Originally posted by bowiestar2003:
I seem to remember what happened to us last year when we talked and had all that hype. Clemson is talking and getting a ton of hype.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18.

Let's just keep our mouths shut, and fly under the radar and just surprise everybody next year in a good way.
No one with any sense hyped last years team up.

Seems to me that I read that Spurrier only goes after kids that we feel like we can get. I'm not sure if that's the right approach if that is indeed the case.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Well we did talk. If I remember correctly we, had a much better class, until SOS had his lapse of judgement and with kind of a who care attitude that he would probably be here another 2-3 years. And he didnt sound real excited about those 2-3 years at that time. Then kids started falling off at an alarming rate. Still finished with a good class, but not nearly as good as it should have been.

I heard ole Dumbo on the radio here at the beach last night with his typical BS statements. Saying " I am proud of the character of the players we recruited". Cmon man. You mean like the character of ole Swag Kelly?? Deandre McDaniel?? etc. etc. etc. At least be honest and say we have some good players coming in who can help us. But to feed fans that BS about character when we know it is all about talent/stars and getting the best players. It is like that for all teams. It's about getting the best players who can help you win. What is even funnier is that Clemsux fans believe all the BS that comes out of his mouth.

What else do you expect from Dabo Sweeny. He will be running his mouth all summer log right up until the play ND , halfway into the season before they play a team with a pulse. They signed three outstanding high school players that automatically means they beat us and win the playoff championship. Cain't wait to stomp their ass at WB this year.

Go look at our schedule. Clemson doesn't even make our top 5 worry list. I know everybody wants a top 10 class but I don't think I have ever seen a top 20 class get as much flack as USC has. Let's hope the guys we brought in will bring in a big chip on their shoulders also.

ADVERTISEMENT