ADVERTISEMENT

Let's rain on the parade .... Wonnum is not coming to Carolina

Thigh Man

Jan 14, 2014
Thompson's visit??? ... It's some kind of big secret how his visit went and which way he's leaning.
Sandridge's visit??? ... It's some kind of big secret how his visit went and which way he's leaning.

Wonnum's visit??? ... "They kept it the same." "The same thing since Day 1."
"I should commit next week but, if I don't it will be signing day." "No leaders, all the same." "That I don't know. That's something I just have to really sit down and think about. The pros and cons and stuff."

No Big Secret ... He's going somewhere else is my guess ... but it is just a guess.

Sometimes when there's nothing to report, it's better to not report than speculate! JMO

Every year you always have certain players who want to wait til the last minute to announce for whatever reason. After all this time these players know where they are going but they want to keep dragging it out. If they know they aren't going to a certain school, why don't they tell that school so the coaches won't waste any more time with them.

Reactions: NYC_Gamecock
I’m confused by your post. Help.

I would absolutely love to have him but, since GCC posted only Wonnum's comments, which certainly did not sound encouraging, and elected to to keep Thompson's & Sandridge's comments reserved for the premium Payers, I'm of the opinion that someone at GCC may already know that Mr Wonnum is leaning elsewhere..... I did attempt to make it clear that it's just my guess.

I would absolutely love to have him but, since GCC posted only Wonnum's comments, which certainly did not sound encouraging, and elected to to keep Thompson's & Sandridge's comments reserved for the premium Payers, I'm of the opinion that someone at GCC may already know that Mr Wonnum is leaning elsewhere..... I did attempt to make it clear that it's just my guess.

Appreciate it. Didn’t have the background info.

Reactions: OldFlaCock
Thompson's visit??? ... It's some kind of big secret how his visit went and which way he's leaning.
Sandridge's visit??? ... It's some kind of big secret how his visit went and which way he's leaning.

"I should commit next week but, if I don't it will be signing day." "No leaders, all the same." "That I don't know. That's something I just have to really sit down and think about. The pros and cons and stuff."

No Big Secret ... He's going somewhere else is my guess ... but it is just a guess.

Some other non rival reporters talked to all 3 and have updates on their sites, i talking about the free guy on the radio, nothing earth shattering

Warren Thompson is a WR from Florida was committed to Taggert at Oregon, so you would think he would go with Taggert closer to home at FSU. I found it strange he visited, but you never know. I say FSU

Sandidge is down to UGA and SC per some previous reports, I think he is a Gamecock

Wonnum, hasn't given much out his whole recruiting, just his style, I guess. I think he is a Gamecock

Don't forget Mincey, he is down to South Carolina/Tenn he is a DT/DE

Benson may be UCF's the OG that commited in the summer, when its all said and done, could be we push again as a DL if we dont get Sandidge

Some players will make their announcement on signing day, always been that way, always will be some

Last edited:
Reactions: sinkerslider
Reading the hyperventilating over the daily musings and impulsiveness of teenagers is laughable..Feb 7th is next Wednesday...All 5 of those kids will likely change their mind several times between now and then
Yep stupid thread title

We're still getting Bryce Thompson, right?

Visited Marshall this past weekend but said post visit he is shutting down recruiting and will sign with South Carolina on 2/7

Academics are still a concern as always have been with him which kept his stars and offers down.

It's not a secret. We just like to provide our subscribers value. We do make some of our content free, though, such as with Wonnum. But that decision has nothing to do with where Wonnum is leaning.

It's not a secret. We just like to provide our subscribers value. We do make some of our content free, though, such as with Wonnum. But that decision has nothing to do with where Wonnum is leaning.

Well, that doesn't sound like a conspiracy, at all. Guess I'll get back to monitoring my Ham radio for alien transmissions now.

Reactions: TriumphCock
I think they tell the schools, but not the grown @$$ men (recruiting insiders) trolling them. JMO

I think there is an understanding between players and coaches, and a matter of trust to keep a few things under wraps. While there is a measure of glamour in the announcement ceremony (a to a little extent some of it is earned for the player making the commitment). Young men learning to trust and see where their new coach actually has their personal interest and proves it is something that they try not to leak into the public eye.

just another poster that likes to think the worse thing will happen regarding a future outcome, so he wont be more disappointed if it doesnt happen the way he wanted it to

I think they will go here, unless they go there

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Every year you always have certain players who want to wait til the last minute to announce for whatever reason. After all this time these players know where they are going but they want to keep dragging it out. If they know they aren't going to a certain school, why don't they tell that school so the coaches won't waste any more time with them.

I don't disagree with your point, but I'm not convinced they know where they want to commit yet. Heck, my wife and I won't even commit to a restaurant until the drinks arrive. Just can't make up our minds, lol.

I don't disagree with your point, but I'm not convinced they know where they want to commit yet. Heck, my wife and I won't even commit to a restaurant until the drinks arrive. Just can't make up our minds, lol.

AWESOME, I am familiar with this move, bless those seats at the Bar

I think I understand what's happening here...this guy is Wonnum's representative or "handler" and is saying he will sign for the right price

Thigh Man, you piss me off when you come on here with your negative comments about
certain recruits with NO basis or knowledge for your halfassed ideas!! To your credit, you’re
not the only one that does it but that doesn’t make it right!

Reactions: Wise Cock
Little bit different than where u will go to college and spend time away from ur family for 4 years. Wouldn’t u agree?

Reactions: DrMickey
giphy.gif

Are you POSITIVE about that? :)

Correction...your wife won't commit. Small distinction but we all know it is the truth. "I don't care" is code for "please list 89 places until you pick the one I want!"

just another poster that likes to think the worse thing will happen regarding a future outcome, so he wont be more disappointed if it doesnt happen the way he wanted it to

Hey, noticed your avatar.

I’m a lucky fan who is fulfilling a bucket list with a Celtics game and also will be able to take in the opening home game between Redsox and TB Rays in April !

Gonna wear a Gamecock shirt, and attempt to give a shout out to JBJr while in the stands.

Hey, noticed your avatar.

I’m a lucky fan who is fulfilling a bucket list with a Celtics game and also will be able to take in the opening home game between Redsox and TB Rays in April !

Gonna wear a Gamecock shirt, and attempt to give a shout out to JBJr while in the stands.

you are a lucky fan.... to see a game in Fenway is an experience. The old Boston Garden was the same, but the new arena is also nice.

Every baseball fan needs to see a game at Fenway before they die

Reactions: dixie_cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT