ADVERTISEMENT

Lets review. 2 weeks til we play.

No decision on QB
No decision on RB
No decision on Brooks
I think we can assume Brooks is getting the “not important enough for us to care” treatment by the NCAA.. if he were a 5* or some star QB or transferring to a contender school= CLEARED IMMEDIATELY. They base their decisions off of how it will affect TV ratings. Good player going to a good team? We need to get him cleared so he can boost ratings! Kid nobody ever heard of going to a team nobody thinks is a contender for much of anything? yawwwnnnn... Ruin his life.

No decision on QB
No decision on RB
No decision on Brooks

I don't think RH is getting a fair shake in all of this. Of course Bobo is gonna wanna start Hill over Hilinksi. Bobo didn't bring him here as a grad transfer to ride the bench. If the competition is close, as all indications suggest, then RH should get the nod as he put in the blood sweat and tears here last year as a Gamecock. But it appears Hill will get the nod b/c Bobo knows him.

I don't think RH is getting a fair shake in all of this. Of course Bobo is gonna wanna start Hill over Hilinksi. Bobo didn't bring him here as a grad transfer to ride the bench. If the competition is close, as all indications suggest, then RH should get the nod as he put in the blood sweat and tears here last year as a Gamecock. But it appears Hill will get the nod b/c Bobo knows him.
It also helps CH that he knows, and has run, Bobo's offense. Something RH has not had a chance too. It's not like RH was able to run it in the Spring and again in the Fall to learn it fully and be completely comfortable. He basically started from scratch this August. (Yes I know he can watch all the film and read all the playbooks, but you know darn well it's nothing compared to actually running it on the field.)
At this point, I don't give a darn who is under center. Just win the dang ballgames. If it's QB by committee so be it.

It also helps CH that he knows, and has run, Bobo's offense. Something RH has not had a chance too. It's not like RH was able to run it in the Spring and again in the Fall to learn it fully and be completely comfortable. He basically started from scratch this August. (Yes I know he can watch all the film and read all the playbooks, but you know darn well it's nothing compared to actually running it on the field.)
At this point, I don't give a darn who is under center. Just win the dang ballgames. If it's QB by committee so be it.

I don't get all this fuss over Hill knowing the system.

As I posted in another thread, it's not like Bobo is a Martian, newly arrived to earth with football plays that have never been seen by human eyes before.

And, as another poster pointed out, Hill has been in that system since 2016. Hilinksi has been in the system for a few months. Yet the coaches still can't make a call on starting QB. So how well does Hill really know the system?

I don't get all this fuss over Hill knowing the system.

As I posted in another thread, it's not like Bobo is a Martian, newly arrived to earth with football plays that have never been seen by human eyes before.

And, as another poster pointed out, Hill has been in that system since 2016. Hilinksi has been in the system for a few months. Yet the coaches still can't make a call on starting QB. So how well does Hill really know the system?
Yet if they were to start RH and it was clear he wasn't ready, the fans would be yelling to put in CH because he already "knows" Bobo's system. Maybe RH has picked it up faster than anyone expected and they truly are in a quandary as to who to start. It could be a myriad of reasons why.

Personally, I don't think it's that the coaches necessarily "can't" make the call. I think they are holding out as long as possible to make it public. The fans don't have any right to know who is QB1 12 days before we hike the ball.

This is the way I'm starting to feel.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Who ever gives us the best chance to win, will be the starter. Loyalty has nothing to do with it. It's simple as that.

Trust the coaches

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Darn right. Don’t let your heart overtake your head. Play the one who gives the best chance to win

So you are saying that Muschamp is going to do something he has never done in 8 years as a head coach?

The only time I've seen Muschamp play anyone other than his starter is because of an injury.

Personally, Id rather see RH get the start. I think it shows the state of our program taking a step back by starting a Mountain West transfer. Idc if he knows the system better. RH has a higher ceiling and his floor isnt much lower than Hill.
Ryan is not gonna get much better under this staff. Bobo will not put the time into making him better, and from what I’ve seen so far, tells me Hilinski needs more work!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Me thinks we may be in big trouble at QB if we don’t have a starter named now.

Not giving this staff a pass on the fact they wasted 2 scholarships on QB’s that apparently didn’t havE the skill to play there. You don’t sign a QB unless you know he can play it. That’s 2 guys were trying to find a place for still!
Heard Muschamp on the way home. He’s very technical talking about 150 snaps, 50/50 balls, 7 red zone opportunities and 2-gap blitzes.
I don’t care about those numbers coach. W’s and L’s that’s all!

Ryan is not gonna get much better under this staff. Bobo will not put the time into making him better, and from what I’ve seen so far, tells me Hilinski needs more work!
WTH! What makes you think Bobo won't put the time in to make RH better? Nonsense! If he don't he needs a one way ticket out of town with an eleven and a half boot planted firmly in his ass. It's his JOB

Maybe we are playing it close to the vest, giving Tenn less time to prepare for the starter? I hope they know who the starter is and he is getting the majority of the reps.

Are the qb's that different that they would force different game plans from defense?

Reactions: Judson1
WTH! What makes you think Bobo won't put the time in to make RH better? Nonsense! If he don't he needs a one way ticket out of town with an eleven and a half boot planted firmly in his ass. It's his JOB
He should but I doubt he will do it. He doesn’t necessarily care for Ryan as a quarterback, and rather you “like it or not, those kind of things happen in life. And not just football!

He should but I doubt he will do it. He doesn’t necessarily care for Ryan as a quarterback, and rather you “like it or not, those kind of things happen in life. And not just football!
Yes lots of things happen in life this is true. Sort of like people talking for others when they have no clue
Basically like you saying Bobo doesn’t care for Ryan
It’s sad when people say things as if fact when they have no clue

Bobo hadn’t even coached one game as our OC and you know all this ??? Lol
😂😁😂😁 I know Bobo doesn’t think much of Hilinski as a Quarterback; and I’ve been around this game long enough to no coaches like him don’t change their mind very often. I played for guys like him, and Muschamp is pretty much the same way!

Last edited:
Yes lots of things happen in life this is true. Sort of like people talking for others when they have no clue
Basically like you saying Bobo doesn’t care for Ryan
It’s sad when people say things as if fact when they have no clue
He said Ryan’s fundamentals were awful and that’s a huge slap in the face for a player to hear that!

😂😁😂😁 I know Bobo doesn’t think much of Hilinski as a Quarterback; and I’ve been around this game long enough to knough coaches like him don’t change their mind very often. I played for guys like him and Muschamp is pretty much the same way!
I personally know guys that played with both in college and I call bs on your post!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT