ADVERTISEMENT

Lets review. 2 weeks til we play.

I don't get all this fuss over Hill knowing the system.

As I posted in another thread, it's not like Bobo is a Martian, newly arrived to earth with football plays that have never been seen by human eyes before.

And, as another poster pointed out, Hill has been in that system since 2016. Hilinksi has been in the system for a few months. Yet the coaches still can't make a call on starting QB. So how well does Hill really know the system?
How many practices have you seen? If Hill gets named starter, couldn’t it just be that he outperformed Hilinski? You know, Occam’s Razor and all...

He said Ryan’s fundamentals were awful and that’s a huge slap in the face for a player to hear that!
He said that in the spring, right after he was hired. He’s the OC and QB coach. If those discrepancies haven’t been fixed by now, why haven’t they?! Both he and Muschamp are on record saying both qbs have done great things

I personally know guys that played with both in college and I call bs on your post!
Did you call those guys and tell them what I said about Ryan? Did they tell you Brace was full of it? This is hilarious man! 😂 But on the real, Bobo said Hilinski’s fundamentals for a quarterback is awful, and he talked about all the things he has to learn to play the QB position in the SEC. And I read body language and Bobo doesn’t come off confident when talking about Ryan in my opinion. But hey I could be wrong, 🤷🏾‍♂️ As a matter of fact I hope I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Yes lots of things happen in life this is true. Sort of like people talking for others when they have no clue
Basically like you saying Bobo doesn’t care for Ryan
It’s sad when people say things as if fact when they have no clue
I said he doesn’t care for him as a “quarterback, I didn’t say he doesn’t care for Ryan as a person. I’m sure they have a good relationship, but that doesn’t mean he’s changed his mind on what he sees from Ryan as a QB

Nope . Didn’t call them and tell em what some random guy on a Gamecock message board thinks,lol. I don’t think they’d give a damn, honestly, as they are avid bullfrog fans, supporters and donors! In fact, I’ve only called my wife and my kids this evening, and they have no idea who Brace is! Your opinion of Bobo’s body language in regards to Hilinski is nothing more than your opinion.

He said that in the spring, right after he was hired. He’s the OC and QB coach. If those discrepancies haven’t been fixed by now, why haven’t they?! Both he and Muschamp are on record saying both qbs have done great things
Of course he’s gonna say that! And I’m sure both of those guys are doing good, but there should be some separation by now. And if Ryan’s problems are fixed he should be ahead of Collin if his ranking was legit. And for the record I want Ryan to start, he has a good arm he just needs to work on his vertical game.

Nope . Didn’t call them and tell em what some random guy on a Gamecock message board thinks,lol. I don’t think they’d give a damn, honestly, as they are avid bullfrog fans, supporters and donors! In fact, I’ve only called my wife and my kids this evening, and they have no idea who Brace is! Your opinion of Bobo’s body language in regards to Hilinski is nothing more than your opinion.
Of course I acknowledge that and like I said I could be wrong. 🤷🏾‍♂️ I’m not perfect and everything I’ve said could be garbage in a couple weeks.

I said he doesn’t care for him as a “quarterback, I didn’t say he doesn’t care for Ryan as a person. I’m sure they have a good relationship, but that doesn’t mean he’s changed his mind on what he sees from Ryan as a QB
So basically your making up stuff based off your opinion.

So basically your making up stuff based off your opinion.
I didn’t make up nothing Deepfried. I said Bobo doesn’t for care for Ryan as a “quarterback, I don’t know how many times I have to say that! My coaches didn’t care for me as a defensive back they wanted me to play “wide receiver” they loved me as a person though. I hope I made that clear for you. 🤔

Last edited:
Of course I acknowledge that and like I said I could be wrong. 🤷🏾‍♂️ I’m not perfect and everything I’ve said could be garbage in a couple weeks.
I’m with you, guy. I have no other information outside of what’s been offered as free and available for all us fans to read. I hope this staff can develop a game plan with any/ every qb on the roster.

Reactions: Brace1
Not announcing a QB is classic Muschamp ( unless it’s Jake- Jakes always our quarterback) Same guy who keeps injuries on the DL. Wants to keep the info from Tennesux so they have to double prepare. They

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Who ever gives us the best chance to win, will be the starter. Loyalty has nothing to do with it. It's simple as that.

But you have to balance best chance to win with preparing for the future, right? Maybe (and it's the biggest maybe ever) Hill gets us to 5 wins instead of 4. Does that really matter?

I checked out after the UNC game Last year and will probably do the same after the UT game this year . Honestly last year my expectations were at an all time low and Muschamp managed to be worse than that . I just don’t see a single thing for me to get excited about . Offensively we are a mess , defense has tons of talent but still can’t stop anybody . Honestly the only redeeming aspect of this season is Clemson isn’t going to stomp us into the ground again . Other than that I’ll probably be fishing every sat afternoon and coming on here to listen to the fallout !!

I checked out after the UNC game Last year and will probably do the same after the UT game this year . Honestly last year my expectations were at an all time low and Muschamp managed to be worse than that . I just don’t see a single thing for me to get excited about . Offensively we are a mess , defense has tons of talent but still can’t stop anybody . Honestly the only redeeming aspect of this season is Clemson isn’t going to stomp us into the ground again . Other than that I’ll probably be fishing every sat afternoon and coming on here to listen to the fallout !!

I'll be interested if RH gets the start. If it's Hill, that means the coaches have waved the white flag before the first game.

I can't believe in the SEC they would consider playing a non-mobile QB who has torn the ACL in the same knee 3 times.

I get the thoughts about CH and his knee issues... but Ryan is by no means a "mobile qb". Looking up his 40 times on ESPN, he was listed as 4.95 (Urich 4.84, Doty 4.62) Couldn't find Hill's, but I'm sure it isn't accurate given the above mentioned ACLs.

Ryan played hurt a bunch last year, but still had horrible footwork (Bobo mentioned that from day one). As they have said, it's not about being able to make the big play sometimes as much as it is making the routine play all the time.

I trust Bobo and his decision on this. IMHO, after this year, neither will be playing QB starting next year. Doty will take over the helm until Stockton comes in 2022.

I get the thoughts about CH and his knee issues... but Ryan is by no means a "mobile qb". Looking up his 40 times on ESPN, he was listed as 4.95 (Urich 4.84, Doty 4.62) Couldn't find Hill's, but I'm sure it isn't accurate given the above mentioned ACLs.

Ryan played hurt a bunch last year, but still had horrible footwork (Bobo mentioned that from day one). As they have said, it's not about being able to make the big play sometimes as much as it is making the routine play all the time.

I trust Bobo and his decision on this. IMHO, after this year, neither will be playing QB starting next year. Doty will take over the helm until Stockton comes in 2022.

Ryan may not be mobile, but he hasn't torn the same ACL three times.

I do agree that RH won't be QB here much longer. The writing is on the wall for him to transfer. It's all but inevitable at this point.

If you really think about it, Hilinski and the kid Coulton Gaither (4*QB) committed to us for this years class are in the mold of Bobo style QB’s. Has Bobo ever coached a duel threat? I don’t think Spurrier did until Shaw. He listened to his coaches in Mangus and Elliot and developed an offense for him. I think this was Spurrier’s best coaching decision. Will Bobo/Muschamp do the same and adapt to the talent we have or stay with what they are comfortable with?

If you really think about it, Hilinski and the kid Coulton Gaither (4*QB) committed to us for this years class are in the mold of Bobo style QB’s. Has Bobo ever coached a duel threat? I don’t think Spurrier did until Shaw. He listened to his coaches in Mangus and Elliot and developed an offense for him. I think this was Spurrier’s best coaching decision. Will Bobo/Muschamp do the same and adapt to the talent we have or stay with what they are comfortable with?
Spurrier had Newton in 2006.

Do you foresee a duel between our dual threat QBs?

Go Cocks!

Spurrier had Newton in 2006.
It would have been interesting to see what Spurrier would have done with him over 4 years instead of just the 1 he had.

Question is- do you think Spurrier would have even recruited him as a QB?

Syvelle definitely paved the way for Garcia and Shaw to have more freedom to be the great athletes that they were.

I hope you folks that believe Bobo is the next coming of OC GOD are correct. I will start this year as I see fits which is: Muskrat and Bobo are both garbage until proven otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT