ADVERTISEMENT

Lets review. 2 weeks til we play.

Horseshoe 04, I want us to beat UT badly. Rocky Bottom is very high on my dislike of teams, maybe 3rd. But unless Muschamp and company can come up with a better offense and defense than we had last year, then things won't go well for us in the UT game. But I certainly hope we win that game.
For me, they’re 2nd on the dislike list. Who is your number 2?

I hope you folks that believe Bobo is the next coming of OC GOD are correct. I will start this year as I see fits which is: Muskrat and Bobo are both garbage until proven otherwise.
I don’t think anyone has anointed him as some offensive genius. I, along with most fans I know, tend to have hope and haven’t written the team and the season off before the first game is played.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
He should but I doubt he will do it. He doesn’t necessarily care for Ryan as a quarterback, and rather you “like it or not, those kind of things happen in life. And not just football!
Why would he not try to help RH get better? Early reports were that he was working with Ryan to improve his footwork. What you are insinuating doesn’t make any sense.

As I said before, I saw Hill play in Fort Collins last year, and although it was Western Illinois, his passes were tight and he looked like a QB that could at least get a look in the NFL. The random people I was tailgating with were very high on him. And then he got injured the next week. The video of him against WIU is on Youtube. I want Ryan to start since he toughed it out last year, but Muschamp and Bobo have their jobs on the line so they will definitely play the guy that gives them the chance to win. And Dabbo still sucks.

Why would he not try to help RH get better? Early reports were that he was working with Ryan to improve his footwork. What you are insinuating doesn’t make any sense.
I’m sure he’s working with Ryan but that doesn’t mean he prefers the guy to be his quarterback. I had people in my department that I had to train, because someone else “hired them, and believe me they wouldn’t of been there “if I saw their application. Bobo said Hilinski’s lacked the fundamentals to be a good QB in the SEC., and that’s not good coming from a man who was a quarterback, and quarterback coach for “several years, in this conference. The thing is our cupboard is thin and Bobo has to work with what he’s got. But if Mike Bobo was here in 2018 I’m sure Ryan wouldn’t be in Columbia.

And by the way I’m hoping Ryan starts. Maybe Bobo has been able to help Ryan with the things he didn’t like about his game. Who knows 🤷🏾‍♂️ this could be Hilinski’s breakout year at least that’s what we’re pulling for!

I’m sure he’s working with Ryan but that doesn’t mean he prefers the guy to be his quarterback. I had people in my department that I had to train, because someone else “hired them, and believe me they wouldn’t of been there “if I saw their application. Bobo said Hilinski’s lacked the fundamentals to be a good QB in the SEC., and that’s not good coming from a man who was a quarterback, and quarterback coach for “several years, in this conference. The thing is our cupboard is thin and Bobo has to work with what he’s got. But if Mike Bobo was here in 2018 I’m sure Ryan wouldn’t be in Columbia.
As you probably know, I would also like to see Hilinski get the start. And I remember when Bobo questioned his fundamentals. But I don't remember him questioning his Hilinski's ability to play QB in the SEC? Do you have a link?

But also like you, I wonder if Bobo came in knowing who he wanted to start. I guess we'll soon see...

Reactions: Brace1
Beat Rocky Bottom

Paul Finebaum said on his show today the SC game was one of the most important games for UT to win. I guess the reason Finebaum said that is because Rocky Bottom's schedule is very tough for the most part and if they don't beat the Gamecocks it will make their row to hoe even harder. Example, chances of winnable games become fewer. Gosh, I hope SC beats UT.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I didn’t make up nothing Deepfried. I said Bobo doesn’t for care for Ryan as a “quarterback, I don’t know how many times I have to say that! My coaches didn’t care for me as a defensive back they wanted me to play “wide receiver” they loved me as a person though. I hope I made that clear for you. 🤔
When has he said he doesn’t care for Ryan as a QB?

But you have to balance best chance to win with preparing for the future, right? Maybe (and it's the biggest maybe ever) Hill gets us to 5 wins instead of 4. Does that really matter?
The future is now. And yeah every win counts especially to those SRs he recruited to come and play here. He's going to put the best 11 out there that gives us the best chance to win every week. If he didn't, he would betraying the team.

When has he said he doesn’t care for Ryan as a QB?
I’ve already spoke on the subject many times in this thread. Mike Bobo didn’t actually say “I don’t care” for Hilinski as a quarterback. He said he doesn’t have good fundamentals as a quarterback, and I’m Just reading between the lines! So I knew Ryan was in for a battle to stay the number one option at QB. Mike Bobo brought in an injured man to compete with Hilinski “that should tell you something right there, and I’m educated enough to know that it’s not because he knows Bobo’s offense!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I’ve already spoke on the subject many times in this thread. Mike Bobo didn’t actually say “I don’t care” for Hilinski as a quarterback. He said he doesn’t have good fundamentals as a quarterback, and I’m Just reading between the lines! So I knew Ryan was in for a battle to stay the number one option at QB. Mike Bobo brought in an injured man to compete with Hilinski “that should tell you something right there, and I’m educated enough to know that it’s not because he knows Bobo’s offense!
You call it reading between the lines. Some would call it making up something based on your opinion.

You call it reading between the lines. Some would call it making up something based on your opinion.
You can call it that if you want too that’s your prerogative, and the same goes to anyone else that feels the way you do. I’m not knocking Hilinski or saying Bobo doesn’t wanna have anything to do with him, I’m just stating the “fact, that he ripped the kid form the get go, and another “fact” is this, he brought in a low 3 star who’s “injury prone” to compete with Ryan. If that doesn’t make you think, that this guy might not like who we had at “QB last year.” I don’t know what to tell you! 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

This says a lot to me. When you bring in a QB that didn't even light up the world at a MW school to even compete with any of QBs says something to me. Why not develop some of the younger QBs that were recently recruited and start building for the future. We can't hang our future on an injured QB that might get hurt in the first couple of games. The fact that Hill is getting so many snaps is just wrong to me.

Reactions: Brace1
Paul Finebaum said on his show today the SC game was one of the most important games for UT to win. I guess the reason Finebaum said that is because Rocky Bottom's schedule is very tough for the most part and if they don't beat the Gamecocks it will make their row to hoe even harder. Example, chances of winnable games become fewer. Gosh, I hope SC beats UT.

Freddie we have to, this isn’t up for debate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT